Welcome to Chelsea Ben Chilwell

Jezz
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Some seriously pathetic comments in here and some fans need to hang their heads. Acting like spoilt kids.

Frank Lampard, who knows a sh*tload more about football than any of us, has wanted Chilwell and managed to get him for nearly half the price Leicester wanted to sell him. We should be over the moon, not to mention that he’s probably the best up and coming left-back in the premier league. Let’s not forget many of us, myself included, whinged when we signed Frank Lampard himself. Whinged about his price and whinged his ability and he didn’t turn out too bad now did he?

I can’t wait to see him in a Chelsea shirt.

4 minutes ago, Frawdulant said:

Some seriously pathetic comments in here and some fans need to hang their heads. Acting like spoilt kids.

Frank Lampard, who knows a sh*tload more about football than any of us, has wanted Chilwell and managed to get him for nearly half the price Leicester wanted to sell him. We should be over the moon, not to mention that he’s probably the best up and coming left-back in the premier league. Let’s not forget many of us, myself included, whinged when we signed Frank Lampard himself. Whinged about his price and whinged his ability and he didn’t turn out too bad now did he?

I don't find the comments pathetic. Some people just don't rate him, which is understandable seeing as he hasn't been playing well for over half a year now. Even his highlights video doesn't make him look good, and those videos are 100% about showing the players best moments. 

Also, the bit in bold, I wish people would stop saying this. Even the best coaches get it wrong from time to time when it comes to signing players. What you are saying here is that we can't have an opinion that is the opposite of Lampard's opinion. If we think like that, then why even bother having a forum?

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

I don't find the comments pathetic. Some people just don't rate him, which is understandable seeing as he hasn't been playing well for over half a year now. Even his highlights video doesn't make him look good, and those videos are 100% about showing the players best moments. 

Also, the bit in bold, I wish people would stop saying this. Even the best coaches get it wrong from time to time when it comes to signing players. What you are saying here is that we can't have an opinion that is the opposite of Lampard's opinion. If we think like that, then why even bother having a forum?

I haven’t said anything about people not being allowed to have an opinion, I was just expressing one of my own. That’s  why we have forums.

5 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

Seems like it's a done deal, Lampard wants him, Ashley Cole rates him and currently the best Left Back in the league in Robertson has claimed him to be top 3 LB's he enjoys watching. 

Can't be all that bad. 

Yes both Lampard Cole who spent a year based in the Midlands might know something about a Midlands based player that many on here aren't seeing. For me the England left backs we have had here, Ashley Cole, Graeme Le Saux and Wayne Bridge all turned out to be pretty good for our club. If he can give us a 7 out 10 minimum every week and can actually defend then I'll be happy and anything above a 7 will be a bonus.

2 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Why have a forum if I can't moan about everything and always no matter what...?
You went so deep in this philosophical question about what the forum is for, well I'm maybe way off here but I'll take a wild guess and say that the point is to support the team. It's about backing Lampard, it's that simple.

First we complain that the board isn't listening to the manager, now that they are listening we don't like it...even if the player didn't even sign yet.

Conte had his Morata, still won the FA Cup. Sarri had his Kepa, still won the Europa League.

This remark that Lampard is maybe already wrong reminds me of that part of the Gospel when everyone is in the boat confused and panicking because of a storm..."Men of little faith." #BackingLampard

Edited by Gol15

2 hours ago, Frawdulant said:

We need more positive people like you. Cheers.

9 hours ago, Jangz said:

If tagliafico is that good why is no one else after him ? He is not a spring chicken .. Utd, City, Spurs all are in the market for a LB yet no links .. 

we have tried this approach of getting in players from the other leagues at fb and from bosingwa, belleti, Zhirkov, Luiz, Emerson they have all struggled to look EPL quality.. forget too 4. I am 100% behind this approach by the club to buy epl proven.. this is the model pool and city and Utd of old followed.. we always wanted to look for the cheaper continental option.. 

to remind ppl some felt VVD was overpriced.. Mane was not top 4 quality ...

Another example is The Leipzig CB who everyone is raving about and I have watched post lockdown .. he has at least 1-2 mistakes per match in him .. hardly better than AC or FT.. I just feel we see some of these players in the most important matches of their careers and they need just one performance to convince the casual observer.. having said that The scouting team would be looking at them across a much larger sample set and also look at other attributes around personality type etc.. I will always back the club when they buy from the epl.. the pros outweigh the cons completely.

My issue with Tagliafico is that he is a great defender and a good attacker, but he lacks the speed makes it difficult for him to be both in the same game. This is a chronic problem we have had with some of our fullbacks from Ivanovic to Marcos Alonso. I don't remember much of him from the Ajax-Chelsea games, mainly because Chelsea tore apart the opposite side.

Why does everyone keep saying Frank wants Chilwell? Just wondering. Did he mention this anywhere? I don’t see that comment for the Kai, Silva, Ziyech transfer. Has it been communicated somewhere that Frank really wants him?

or is this the case for all the transfers, but people mention it only here because more people are sceptical? 

Edited by Night-T

3 minutes ago, Night-T said:

Why does everyone keep saying Frank wants Chilwell? Just wondering. Did he mention this anywhere? I don’t see that comment for the Kai, Silva, Ziyech transfer. Has it been communicated somewhere that Frank really wants him?

or is this the case for all the transfers, but people mention it only here because more people are sceptical? 

It's been inferred because we've been linked to him for a long time. 

7 hours ago, WhiteWall said:

Yes both Lampard Cole who spent a year based in the Midlands might know something about a Midlands based player that many on here aren't seeing. For me the England left backs we have had here, Ashley Cole, Graeme Le Saux and Wayne Bridge all turned out to be pretty good for our club. If he can give us a 7 out 10 minimum every week and can actually defend then I'll be happy and anything above a 7 will be a bonus.

Disagree about Wayne bridge

5 hours ago, WhiteWall said:

In the list of our left backs he is still ahead of a number of sh!t players we have had in the position. I still don't know whatever happened to that Rahman bloke

Still on the books. Been loaned out numerous times.

I am not a fan of signing Chilwell. He gets caught too far upfield frequently and he can be beat regularly off the dribble. Signing him actually makes Chelsea’s defensive problems worse. 

Lampard also needs to work with offensive attack as all too often Mount was encroaching on Pulisic’s space. Ziyech, Werner, Pulisic and hopefully Havertz will be the front attack for the 20/21 season. Mount and Chilwell will need to pick their spots about when to move forward as there was too much space in the middle during the 19/20 which teams exploited in their counterattack. 

9 hours ago, Night-T said:

That’s what the “in the know” sources keep saying that frank specifically is a big admirer and wants him and the club are backing. 

7 minutes ago, MayosNoun! said:

To put this into perspective, Leicester are looking to use half of the money from Chilwell to sign Telles, Tagliafico or Regulion. All 3 players are arguably better than Chilwell. 

But and it’s a big but without PL experience, we need a plug and play LB not take your time to get adapted to the league LB 

1 hour ago, WhiteWall said:

That's a relief. If that's the qualification requirement then we don't need anyone, we can stick with Palmieri 

Obviously you may struggle however the general public with a brain can watch Regulion and realise he would make it in the PL. This arrogant approach that only suitable PL-ready players can be signed from other premier league teams is embarrassing. 

Regulion also impressed against Man Utd and Wolves if people are so quick to dismiss performances against Inter and Roma. Regulion up against Traore was indication that he can handle one of the most dangerous players a left back is likely to face in this league. But again, let’s get back to saying he’s not ready because he plays in another league. 

3 hours ago, MayosNoun! said:

To put this into perspective, Leicester are looking to use half of the money from Chilwell to sign Telles, Tagliafico or Regulion. All 3 players are arguably better than Chilwell. 

Arguably Chilwell could be better than all of them.