Welcome to Chelsea Ben Chilwell

5 minutes ago, DarkMata said:

I feel for the lad already, going by this forum unless he's the next Ashley Cole he's got no chance.   He's not fast enough, weak mentally, can't defend, ALONSOs better than him, he's getting worse by the day.

Alonso's better than him as a LWB and is better at attacking. Alonso's problems have always been on the defensive side and his lack of pace

2 hours ago, Droopy said:

Alonso is a big time player. For all these years in Chelsea I haven't seen him exposed in a big match with one or two exceptions when all the players had crappy performances anyway.  Au contraire, most of his best/highlights moments are from the very big occasions. His problems usually pop up against the mid/lower ranked opponents when both we play bad offensively and they play well defensively. Alonso is so good that we depend on his activity so much that his zone is left wide open and hey, since is a bad opponent, no one is covering his back... 

Alonso is one of the good transfers we made in the last decade. Practically for no money. Don't put him on the same sentence with Chilwell, please cuz it's blasphemous.  

This is 100% true from the first word to last.

Alonso is not Ashley Cole but he definitely is good enough. Proved it many times.

Make or break time today for BC...if the heel needs a 6 week lay off, then I think the deal is dead...3.weeks and maybe it might be worth it...not entirely convinced about him TBF would prefer a cheaper option and use the dosh elsewhere 

Edited by doctorblue

I sort of agree with the positive Alonso comments, but on the other hand it’s quite clear he lacks pace, only Conte picked him every game and you have to respect that Sarri and frank have some idea what they are doing and finally he is getting to a point in his pro career where age (he”ll be 30 this year) start to be a factor 

So let me get this straight...

We're signing a highly rated LB, who is only 23 and will improve, who improves our first 11, who fits into our style of play, who was also the managers first choice and we've managed to knock 20-30 million of the asking price

The amount of negativity in this thread is embarrassing 

1 minute ago, Sparkz said:

So let me get this straight...

We're signing a highly rated LB, who is only 23 and will improve, who improves our first 11, who fits into our style of play, who was also the managers first choice and we've managed to knock 20-30 million of the asking price

The amount of negativity in this thread is embarrassing 

Not sure about that, All he's done since about christmas is decline and get worse

1 hour ago, DarkMata said:

I feel for the lad already, going by this forum unless he's the next Ashley Cole he's got no chance.   He's not fast enough, weak mentally, can't defend, ALONSOs better than him, he's getting worse by the day.

For 50-80million you would expect something or not? 

What is wrong in saying he is not as fast as Davies or others on that level? He is faster than Alonso but that is not difficult. 

If the Leicester Fan is to believe their forums think he is weak mentally although still rather youngso there is that. 

Defending is also not his forte or you want to say is qualities first and foremost is defending? Just seems odd if we want to improve the defense. 

Chillwell is good in air as is Alonso, thou Alonso is slightly stronger body wise.

For me the price tag is the problem and overall his currrent attributes but that can change with time. 

38 minutes ago, Nevamind said:

What is wrong in saying he is not as fast as Davies or others on that level? He is faster than Alonso but that is not difficult. 

If the Leicester Fan is to believe their forums think he is weak mentally although still rather youngso there is that. 

Defending is also not his forte or you want to say is qualities first and foremost is defending? Just seems odd if we want to improve the defense. 

Chillwell is good in air as is Alonso, thou Alonso is slightly stronger body wise.

For me the price tag is the problem and overall his currrent attributes but that can change with time. 

Just worried we've got another Drinkwater on our hands...would prefer Reguilon and and use the money saved for Gimenez...

1 hour ago, driller97 said:

Not sure about that, All he's done since about christmas is decline and get worse

He is also have a heel injury ontop of that declining form since christmas. It's a massive risk in my opinion to pay 50m+ and 150k+ wages for Chilwell, when we can buy Reguilon for 20m and pay 80k-100k in wages. 

9 minutes ago, comtrend said:

He is also have a heel injury ontop of that declining form since christmas. It's a massive risk in my opinion to pay 50m+ and 150k+ wages for Chilwell, when we can buy Reguilon for 20m and pay 80k-100k in wages. 

Exactly my point. Reguilon is the clear choice for me and 2nd choice would be Tagliafico.

1 hour ago, comtrend said:

Or perhaps he was playing through the pain and the heel injury was the source of his decline in form?

1 hour ago, Nevamind said:

£50 million is most likely.  I’m guessing the £80 million is there to make it look like a worse deal than it is and add a more negative slant?  My point is he’s going to get ripped to pieces before he’s kicked a ball (no crowds could be a blessing in disguise) there seems to be a lot of you that’s continuously moaning about this transfer.  I mean with every update there’s someone basically adding yeah but he’s sh*t and some other dudes better.  Fair enough give us your opinions, but after posting 10 times the same negative points (not accusing you) without a single positive it starts to sound like a kid who hasn’t got their own way.  I think we get the point.  I’ve never been blown away by Chilwell but I’m willing to give him a chance.  I what to remain positive, this is looking like an outstanding transfer window, maybe try to look at some of the positives.  He’s much quicker than most think for one.  More so than the rapid Reguilón apparently.

89968D13-1A52-426B-B0F2-0DF02236277A.jpeg

942C94C5-11A7-426A-A14D-EEB57D078F16.jpeg

12 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Please stop with the Reguilon fanatics, you've watched him twice in you entire life for a full game and that's after we've been linked with him. 

Actually watched him in a couple of spanish games as well when Sevilla were up against Barca, Real Madrid and Athletico and he played very well. Its true I never really payed much attention to him before hand and hadn't really heard of him but there's no denying hes a good player. You dont win LB of the year in la liga for nothing.

Just because you probably dont watch games outside of england doesnt mean everyone else doesnt.

1 minute ago, driller97 said:

Actually watched him in a couple of spanish games as well when Sevilla were up against Barca, Real Madrid and Athletico and he played very well. Its true I never really payed much attention to him before hand and hadn't really heard of him but there's no denying hes a good player. You dont win LB of the year in la liga for nothing.

Just because you probably dont watch games outside of england doesnt mean everyone else doesnt.

I think the point is how many times do you need to post Rugulion is better and you prefer him?  I'm pretty sure now you're know as the guy who prefers Regulion, we get it.

9 minutes ago, Amputechture said:

Yeah, so what? If he proves to be excellent they'd buy him back once Marcelo moves on. If not, we'd find ourselves looking for a new LB again come next summer.

And there's the big IF...besides there's always going to be someone else...

50 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Please stop with the Reguilon fanatics, you've watched him twice in you entire life for a full game and that's after we've been linked with him. 

That argument about how many times someone watched a player is so weak it hurts to read it so many times, stop repeating what you saw others wrote please it doesn't make it any less of a bad argument...

1 hour ago, DarkMata said:

£50 million is most likely.  I’m guessing the £80 million is there to make it look like a worse deal than it is and add a more negative slant?  My point is he’s going to get ripped to pieces before he’s kicked a ball (no crowds could be a blessing in disguise) there seems to be a lot of you that’s continuously moaning about this transfer.  I mean with every update there’s someone basically adding yeah but he’s sh*t and some other dudes better.  Fair enough give us your opinions, but after posting 10 times the same negative points (not accusing you) without a single positive it starts to sound like a kid who hasn’t got their own way.  I think we get the point.  I’ve never been blown away by Chilwell but I’m willing to give him a chance.  I what to remain positive, this is looking like an outstanding transfer window, maybe try to look at some of the positives.  He’s much quicker than most think for one.  More so than the rapid Reguilón apparently.

89968D13-1A52-426B-B0F2-0DF02236277A.jpeg

942C94C5-11A7-426A-A14D-EEB57D078F16.jpeg

Spot on. Plus please let's go get Soyuncu.  I didn't realise he was that rapid tbh

• coco locked this topic
  • coco unlocked this topic