Welcome to Chelsea Ben Chilwell

5 hours ago, big blue said:

He is playing fantastically well, it has to be said. 

Just not sure on the price. £70m+ is outrageous. 

For me, the price tag for Chilwell isn’t the bothersome part.  What gets me about our linkage with him, is there are a handful of LBs out there that are just as good who could be had for a cheaper price.  Grimaldo, Gaya, Telles to name a few.

8 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

For me, the price tag for Chilwell isn’t the bothersome part.  What gets me about our linkage with him, is there are a handful of LBs out there that are just as good who could be had for a cheaper price.  Grimaldo, Gaya, Telles to name a few.

Hmm, two of those haven't played in a top league and the other I can't see any evidence on them being a top player. 

Could be as good, maybe. Definitely as good, no chancs. Chilwell has played in the premier league and been consistently excellent and is young. Why on Earth are some Chelsea fans so determined to scrimp about £20m to pick up a riskier signing. Madness. Get the best.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, the special one said:

“I think he’s quality and I’ve heard he’s a Chelsea fan, too, so I would like to see him here. Whether he would want to leave, or if Leicester would want to sell him, that’s something the clubs would have to talk about.”

- Ashley Cole (talksport)

Interesting that Cole rates him, I see Cole as our best defensive left back in my lifetime.

3 hours ago, evissy said:

Mahrez is ripping a new arsehole for Chilwell. If we want two-arsehole-Ben we should think long and hard.

I reckon the Southampton and Montenegro games skewed opinions in his favour. To be fair he is still really young and could be a feature for the next 8yrs. 

However considering the homegrown tax attached to him, I’d rather we went for Grimaldo, Telles or Digne in that order. They will be cheaper and further along in their development. I have a sneaky feeling City might be in for Chiwell next season though.

17 hours ago, evissy said:

Mahrez is ripping a new arsehole for Chilwell. If we want two-arsehole-Ben we should think long and hard.

The bloke just doesn't look good enough defensively for me. LB is a position we are really struggling with this season, adding Chilwell would just seem like we are adding to the problem rather than solving it.

On 13/12/2019 at 14:21, the special one said:

“I think he’s quality and I’ve heard he’s a Chelsea fan, too, so I would like to see him here. Whether he would want to leave, or if Leicester would want to sell him, that’s something the clubs would have to talk about.”

- Ashley Cole (talksport)

Good enough for the best LB in the world, good enough for me!!

7 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

Ive said before on here and il say it again he's not much better than Emerson for me, if anything Emerson is better going forward. Emerson just doesn't have the English hype and fairy dust sprinkled over him.

He's much better than Emerson and this is from someone who doesn't really want Ben here (my preference is Grimaldo).

Emerson is as ordinary as they come, solid enough squad player I suppose but I find the hype around him quite bizare.

10 hours ago, Argo said:

He's much better than Emerson and this is from someone who doesn't really want Ben here (my preference is Grimaldo).

Emerson is as ordinary as they come, solid enough squad player I suppose but I find the hype around him quite bizare.

grimaldo would be great, as would telles, both have buy out clauses for less than half of what chilwell will probably cost.

• coco locked this topic
  • coco unlocked this topic