Welcome to Chelsea Ben Chilwell

53 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Saw that Silva and Chilwell are training with the squad now, perhaps not the right game for Silva but what about Chilwell?

Will he be ready to play against Liverpool?

Saw that too.  I don't think either will be ready, sadly 

I wasn't impressed with him before we signed him but I see why Frank wants him now. His cross is exactly what we've been looking for for so long.

A cross going behind the defender but has the whip to be fast enough for a nod. Emerson's cross are more of a straightliner and Alonso's cross floats which is terrible for the prem because of the tall defenders.

• 2 weeks later...

Feels like the first top, top leftback performance since the days of Ashley Cole.

Obviously Azpi and Alonso have had good performances there over the years but that was absolutely brilliant from Chilwell. Should have had at least one more assist on the day really if Tammy and Zouma did better on those great corners.

His delivery was really good. We missed that quite a lot!

We always get direct linear crosses from the left for a long time that is way too fast for the forwards to chase.

Ben just puts it on a plate, the scorer just needs a good leap and a deft touch. It had great height and a good dip so it will beat the opposing defence every time.

One thing we've been missing for quite some time is a long ball from deep on the wings and Chilwell has that in his locker as well. 

He might be out of position at times but I'll take that if he puts in an 8/10 in every game.

Wasn't keen on him simply because of his price and the fact Leicester fans saw him as their weak link but good start I won't get over excited just yet he will face a lot tuffer test.

However he was fantastic today one lasp where he got caught up field but apart from that faultless