Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2020/21

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

9 hours ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

So,

Benitez to Everton (they hate him aldready)

Nuno Santos to Spurs (is it really an upgrade on Mou?)

Viera to Palace (they might be a good candidate for relegation next season)

All surprising.

Perhaps the reasoning with Benitez is to keep Rodriguez at Everton.

Nuno Santos is interesting, he built decent sides at Wolves though this a very different challenge. Can he pull it off?

Viera to Palace is also fascinating for the neutral he speaks well about the game yet can he deliver that as a manager. 

So the FSW lands a job at another of the clubs he insulted while at the Dippers. I wonder if he'll get the same reception he got with us. He appears to have wiped his spell with us off his CV. I think the club should reciprocate by removing him from the list of people who have managed us.

From the Guardian:

"Many Evertonians have not forgiven Benítez for the “small club” comment he made after a goalless Merseyside derby in 2007. On Wednesday he described Everton as a great and historic club, and insists that infamous dig was typical of the resolve he will bring to Goodison.

Benítez explained: “I have been in Madrid, Naples, Valencia, Tenerife, Extremadura and Liverpool. Every single club I was there, I was fighting for them."

Edited by Backbiter

7 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

So the FSW lands a job at another of the clubs he insulted while at the Dippers. I wonder if he'll get the same reception he got with us. He appears to have wiped his spell with us off his CV. I think the club should reciprocate by removing him from the list of people who have managed us.

From the Guardian:

"Many Evertonians have not forgiven Benítez for the “small club” comment he made after a goalless Merseyside derby in 2007. On Wednesday he described Everton as a great and historic club, and insists that infamous dig was typical of the resolve he will bring to Goodison.

Benítez explained: “I have been in Madrid, Naples, Valencia, Tenerife, Extremadura and Liverpool. Every single club I was there, I was fighting for them."

He can f**k right off. I wish I could forget he was ever here - easily the worst time I have experienced as a Chelsea fan.  Awful man, awful manager.  

I suppose since Jose went to Spurs, can't be too harsh on Rafa going to everton, but talk about going down the management ladder. Nunos is the caliber of manager Spurs could deal with, he will work hard and keep the team among top 6, but can't see him aiming higher anytime soon.

A mate of mine a Scouser but a really good bloke (honestly ) told me Benitez is known as the pigeon shagger he paid £30,000 for one. The North can do funny things to you it would appear can see Benitez  wearing a flat cap taking his whippet for a walk and eating Hovis butties and drinking John Smiths oh I do like a stereotype 😁

Santos is going to be good for Spurs in his first season. He'll make them into a dour counter-attacking outfit and they'll destroy teams with Son, Moura and a whole host of Jorge Mendes players from Wolves. He probably won't win anything but he'll make decent cup runs.

This will explode Spurs fans heads.

The following season he will be an utter bust as teams sit back against Spurs and don't allow them to play on the counter-attack.

1 hour ago, Munkworth said:

Vieira confirmed at Palace.

What’s happened to Mark Hughes, Tony Pulis, Sam Allardyce and the rest of the British Managers Lunch Club? Seemed like some good opportunities there for a quick destroy and exit cash grab. 

I think they are all yesterday's men at the top level yet wait until January and see if someone will still reach out for Big Sam, he might get another chance.

36 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

What a dogsh*t match with all the diving and feinging injury, hope the Euro final doesn't end up like this. Messi choked big time as well on his 1 v 1 chance.

One thing is for sure, no South American team will be winning the next world cup. The quality was dreadful in that game, European sides will tear them apart.

49 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Messi probably just won the Ballon d'Or. Possibly sealed the position as the best of all time too.

Argentina has won now 15 Copa America titles and it took Messi 4 finals in order to win, that's not really sealing that position as the best of all time yet, he should at least score a goal at the World Cup knockout stage.

2 hours ago, sonic90 said:

What a dogsh*t match with all the diving and feinging injury, hope the Euro final doesn't end up like this. Messi choked big time as well on his 1 v 1 chance.

Copa america is a dreadful tournament. Diving fest and crazy foul fest. Messi dribble, got fouled, neymar dribble got fouled. Rinse repeat 

On 04/07/2021 at 20:32, Munkworth said:

Vieira confirmed at Palace.

What’s happened to Mark Hughes, Tony Pulis, Sam Allardyce and the rest of the British Managers Lunch Club? Seemed like some good opportunities there for a quick destroy and exit cash grab. 

Palace job is simply not a desirable job, they have so many player out of contract so you have to rely on cheap and maybe youth player in relegation fight.