Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2020/21

26 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Well done Crawley. 

Marine are up next to make it a magical FA Cup weekend :laugh2:

A friend of mine is a work colleague of the Marine manager. I guess that if times were normal and everyone was in the work place and Marine win the manager would be buying his work mates several drinks to celebrate.

My opinion of Mourinho has gone down massively tonight.

After full time whistle, Marine manager went looking for Mourinho for the usual fist bump/handshake, only for Mourinho to vanish into thin air.

Absolutely disgusting, he knows it’s a special day for Marine’s manager and footballers, the very least he could do is acknowledge them. The arrogance is astounding.

21 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

After full time whistle, Marine manager went looking for Mourinho for the usual fist bump/handshake, only for Mourinho to vanish into thin air.

Absolutely disgusting, he knows it’s a special day for Marine’s manager and footballers, the very least he could do is acknowledge them. The arrogance is astounding.

It might be he wanted to check on one of his players and then met the manager later out of sight of the cameras.

It would be disappointing if he didn't.

2 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

It doesn’t surprise me from someone that threw his CL medal to the ground and left his Porto players to celebrate by themselves. I’ll be thankful for the titles, which he won thanks to Chelsea too, but I’ve always thought of him an ungrateful, selfish tosser.

4 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

I thought maybe the cameras might have missed it but I think you're right. I don't think he acknowledged any of them. I thought his pre match inteview was arrogant as well. When asked what it was like to play an FA Cup match at a ground like this he ignored the question and spoke about himself and his team.

A little bit of recognition for how much Marine had achieved by reaching this stage of the cup and how well they did to stage the game in what is not far off a pub team venue wouldn't have gone amiss would it ?

Edited by WeatherMan

6 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

66FE04B0-9803-4F17-9E7F-7C154519ECE9.jpeg

That's just crass and classless. To make it worse he absolutely smashed into the roof of the net from a foot off the line having completely miscrontolled the intial cross and got lucky. The pr*ck.

I thought Marine's 20 year old keeper had a very good game and certainly deserved some respect.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55525905

Celtic v Hibernian goes ahead as planned on Monday evening despite the hosts being told that 13 first-team players must self-isolate.

The Scottish champions say injured Christopher Jullien was the player to test positive for Covid-19 on return from the club's Dubai training camp.

A local NHS health protection team has since deemed 13 other players to be close contacts.

Manager Neil Lennon and assistant John Kennedy must also isolate.

Ridiculous that we went to Dubai in the first place. No need for the trip. I should declare an interest in that I am a Rangers fan so enjoy seeing Celtic suffer. I should say that I don't enjoy seeing people suffer from covid (far from it) but Celtic looking more and more likely missing out on winning the title.

Edited by Boyne

Will the authorities in England follow suit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55616399

Scottish football below Championship level has been suspended for three weeks due to the rising number of coronavirus cases.

The impacted leagues are: SPFL League One, SPFL League Two, Scottish Women's Football Premier Leagues 1 & 2, Highland League, Lowland League, East, West & South of Scotland Leagues, Scottish Junior FA Leagues and the North Caledonian League.

The second tier Championship will continue provided it starts weekly PCR testing for players and staff.

Regular testing has been in place for Scottish Premiership clubs since the season started in August.

Scottish Cup matches will also be suspended, with any ties scheduled to be played prior to 1 February to be rescheduled.

The temporary pause will be reviewed on a rolling basis by the Scottish FA Board in partnership with Scottish Government.

A statement from the governing body said: "The board gave extensive consideration to making a decision in the interests of public health, taking cognisance of the government's wish to reduce travel and possible contact with others whilst safeguarding commercial broadcasting contracts that sustain the professional game.

"Following a meeting between the Scottish FA and the Minister for Public Health Sport and Wellbeing, both parties have agreed to impose a temporary suspension of all football beneath the Scottish Professional Football League Championship, encompassing all predominantly part-time tiers of the Scottish professional pyramid, from midnight tonight."

^^^ In answer to the above question I'm beginning to doubt whether this season can continue much longer in England. The number of games being called off is increasing and more teams are having to field seriously weakened teams.

Derby County for example on Saturday in the Cup tie against Chorley were missing their entire first team squad along with most of the U23's who would usually step up. 9 of the 11 players starting were making their first team debuts so it's no suprise they lost to Chorley.

It was a great result for Chorley but it was hardly a fair contest in the circumstances. The virus is pretty much out of control here in the UK now so I can see a lot more games being called off in the weeks ahead. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Edited:  Shortly after first posting the above I came across this article which adds to my doubts about the season being completed:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55615893

Edited by WeatherMan
To add an article.