Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2020/21

1 minute ago, The Brit said:

Odd that VAR were able to rewind the play back for Luke shaw’s challenge - which he should have been sent off for - but didn’t do the same when Christensen got clattered by Grealish a few weeks ago.

I don't think the Grealish challenge was a potential red, whereas the Shaw one was. That's the reason why they reviewed the Shaw one. They don't use var for fouls outside the box unless they are potential reds.

14 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

I don’t think Shaw was a red card, he got the ball and the intention wasn’t there. Brady should have been off, he was the last man. Maguire’s goal should have stood, Utd unlucky not to be ahead against 10 men but I’m not complaining.

cuntssssdd.gif

19 minutes ago, The Brit said:

Is this the worst side to top the premier league after a significant amount of games played? Baffles me how they’ve done it. Had a lot of decisions go their way but it’s not just that

As much as it sounds silly (along with a large dose of sour grapes) they are genuinely getting the luck as they need it. Match changing penalties from awful decisions and freak goals in the last 10-15 minutes. Even today their goal was a deflection that took it away from the keeper.

They're very rarely playing well but keep getting the wins in weird ways.

It is worrying, they keep grinding out wins when in sh*t form. They’re going to hit form eventually so I’d have them down for a comfortable top 4 finish, which leaves 4th spot for us. City and Liverpool will finish top 2, so I guess we’ll be fighting with Tottenham for 4th.

1 hour ago, dansubrosa said:

It is worrying, they keep grinding out wins when in sh*t form. They’re going to hit form eventually so I’d have them down for a comfortable top 4 finish, which leaves 4th spot for us. City and Liverpool will finish top 2, so I guess we’ll be fighting with Tottenham for 4th.

I don't think we will just be fighting Tottenham for top 4. With the way the season has panned out so far, I see no reason why Everton, Leicester, Villa and even Southampton won't be competing. Any time we drop points from now on, one of these teams will have the chance to take advantage. I don't think it's realistic for us to believe that every single one of them will perform worse than us in the second half of the season. The only way I see us getting top 4 now is if we put together league winning form, which means we must not drop a single point against teams below us and we must beat the teams around us. A single defeat against a team ahead of us would put them well ahead. 

Edited by Scott Harris