Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2020/21

Just now, Scott Harris said:

One thing about Liverpool's game I wouldn't want us to copy is their high line. It's asking for trouble. The only reason why United haven't got in is because Rashford and Martial are terrible at trying to stay onside.

You can't play pool fast style and play low block. 

Just now, Scott Harris said:

Yes you can. You can still play quick football without the defenders being on the half way line.

Yes if you want to play counter attacking but that is not the way pool want to play, they want to dominate you. They want to keep attacking if you play low block, it will be easy for united to keep the ball. 

6 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Yes you can. You can still play quick football without the defenders being on the half way line.

If you play low block with Liverpool style you get ripped apart in the transition as you can fit two buses between the lines you need high line to compliment the quick style, defence close to midfield no spaced between defence and midfield press the space stay compact.

if your defence is a mile behind your midfield one pass between the lines and you have the opposition running at your back 4

Edited by Brutos
Just now, Brutos said:

That’s the point you need more than one good passer 

You mean if only Jorginho passed it more like Thiago, or Fernandes or anyone who passes it forward well on a regular basis!

18 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Even when we were more open last season, I didn't think our attacking game was anywhere near as good as the Liverpool's and City's though. It was still too slow and safe at times. The only one that didn't play safe was Pulisic and that is where pretty much all of the good stuff came from. There just doesn't seem to be a lot of belief and courage in the group we have, whether that is down to poor coaching or the players themselves is anybodys guess.

It's poor coaching and tactics as well as low confidence at this point. He needs to take positives from all his experiences and try to balance out the team, last season we weren't amazing in attacking football, in fact we are scoring more goals now, but the quicker build up play is something we can take and employ in our current system.

This slow tentative build up play we're doing now does not strike fear into our opponents, every team now starts off fearing Chelsea the big club with top players, but after seeing us playing like cowards for 10-15 minutes they just switch on us.

8 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

This game show United is still not even close to pool. Only city is at this pool level. The rest of us are like one or two tier below them

Yep even with their injuries Liverpool are miles ahead it’s bloody scary how good they are 

Edited by Brutos
1 minute ago, Slojo said:

But if United get a point here, that's job done for them. 

You are right point wise.

It won't surprise me if United win the league this season, it is a bonkers season after all but level wise not even close. 

Just now, Bob stark said:

It won't surprise me if United win the league this season, it is a bonkers season after all but level wise not even close. 

I think it's Liverpools in the bag, United are riding their luck ridiculously. Liverpool actually have talent. United won't keep this up. 

5 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Yep even with there injuries Liverpool are miles ahead it’s bloody scary how good they are 

I think it's a case of Klopp having time to instill a system not just on the starting 11 but on the squad. 

I reckon with the exception of Mane, Salah & Allison they have a decent squad option for all other areas which doesn't disrupt the playing style much. 

1 minute ago, Slojo said:

I think it's Liverpools in the bag, United are riding their luck ridiculously. Liverpool actually have talent. United won't keep this up. 

In normal season, United won't have a sniff but it is a crazy season afterall. 

My personal pick to win the league is city. 

9 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

Well I think they have a good chance seeing as they have f**ked up all their cup chances and likely won't go through against Liverpool in the next FA Cup round.