Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2020/21

I watched Utd v Newcastle up to about 70 min and thought Newcastle competed reasonably well and had chances to score more themselves.

Quite a physical match from both sides, more cards could have been issued.

A couple of square ups between players and the officlals / other players calmed down. Ferandes was stirring things up for one of them.

The Saint-Maximin player did quite well up front, he was badly fouled at one point by James and did well not to react. It was a clever foul too. 

This next run of 6 fixtures by teams 4-8 will provide us with a true measure of where we will end up......and sadly it might be a bridge too far to make the top 4, unless we start scoring goals in a hurry.  City already nailed on champions, Utd with their luck will end up 2nd, Leicester don't look like they are going to drop too many points unless Brendan bottles it.  Can't see West Ham hanging on to 4th, although the way every other team immediately below them is playing anything is possible.   Still 13 games left and 39 points on the table so a lot to play for.   

City vs Arsenal was one of the most one sided 1:0 there's ever was. City never looked like dropping this game, missed chance after chance, and Cancelo almost scored an own goal with a ridiculous side foot clearance. City was almost like I dare you to score a goal against us, because we will put another 2 past you, and in the end Arsenal barely landed a punch. Spurs will be focused on the cups, Jose knows how must win something, and they have to drop something, may as well be the league. Everton and WestHam are definitely in the top 4 hunt, and can't see Leicster f* up again this time around

21 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

City vs Arsenal was one of the most one sided 1:0 there's ever was. City never looked like dropping this game, missed chance after chance, and Cancelo almost scored an own goal with a ridiculous side foot clearance. City was almost like I dare you to score a goal against us, because we will put another 2 past you, and in the end Arsenal barely landed a punch. Spurs will be focused on the cups, Jose knows how must win something, and they have to drop something, may as well be the league. Everton and WestHam are definitely in the top 4 hunt, and can't see Leicster f* up again this time around

City were always going to be the team that benefited the most from losing the 12th man, wait until the fans are back and turning up the heat. It's great to win the league, but i'd rather we win it next season. 

1 hour ago, icecoolguy22 said:

I think the Dippers are still in with a shout. But yes, it's going to be a proper scrap for top 4. Our next few games will determine if we are contenders.

Just watching the Brighton v Palace game and was impressed by the young Scottish midfielder for Brighton.  So I googled his name and it turns out the player I thought was Scottish and called McCallister is actually Argentinian and is called Alexis Mac Allister.....

The best thing is that he has a brother called Kevin who plays in the Argentinian league 🤣

5 minutes ago, The Brit said:

Oh joy. Another year of palace in the PL. scored two ridiculous goals tonight totally against the run of play to steal three points off Brighton. So undeserved.

palace really offer nothing to the premier league 

Don't knock them too much they took Batshuyai off our hands :smile:

8 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Don't knock them too much they took Batshuyai off our hands :smile:

Sadly, they are unlikely to do that again .. he can't even get in their team LOL.

We have so much deadwood out on loan that nobody will ever sign permanently ... many of whom will even struggle to secure future loans ...

Lots of reports about Jose getting sacked or nearing the sack. Spurs won’t do it now, especially as they’re in the league cup final and still in Europa league. 

My guess is that Jose is pinning all his hopes on winning the league cup and then having a good go at EL. Then he can claim that he won them a trophy. 

Speaking of Jose, I never swalloed this narrative that Salah was a bad player for us. He was pushed aside for absolutely no reason and was forced to play in cup games only. I thought Salah in his first few months at the club looked very good whenever he played, the Stoke away game we saw his class, Jose just favoured Willian 3 assists a season because he ran a lot and worked hard. At the time, none of us could question Jose's judgement, but now, looking at how bad he is, I think we can more confidently say Jose got many things wrong here. KDB and Salah especially, almost criminal. 

I know I know... Nobody wants to bring up those old debates again, but still, I think what Luis said here is very interesting. I can't see Jose being a success at Spurs. 

11 hours ago, The Brit said:

Oh joy. Another year of palace in the PL. scored two ridiculous goals tonight totally against the run of play to steal three points off Brighton. So undeserved.

palace really offer nothing to the premier league 

They literally look like a team without a game plan. Just pass it to Zaha and hope he can do something.

It has been like that for years and somehow it still works for them.

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

Speaking of Jose, I never swalloed this narrative that Salah was a bad player for us. He was pushed aside for absolutely no reason and was forced to play in cup games only. I thought Salah in his first few months at the club looked very good whenever he played, the Stoke away game we saw his class, Jose just favoured Willian 3 assists a season because he ran a lot and worked hard. At the time, none of us could question Jose's judgement, but now, looking at how bad he is, I think we can more confidently say Jose got many things wrong here. KDB and Salah especially, almost criminal. 

I know I know... Nobody wants to bring up those old debates again, but still, I think what Luis said here is very interesting. I can't see Jose being a success at Spurs. 

If only Salah had been given a chance after the successful loan at Fiorentina. You would think 9 goals and 4 assists in 26 games, would convince the manager he had potential.

7 hours ago, JM7 said:

Lots of reports about Jose getting sacked or nearing the sack. Spurs won’t do it now, especially as they’re in the league cup final and still in Europa league. 

My guess is that Jose is pinning all his hopes on winning the league cup and then having a good go at EL. Then he can claim that he won them a trophy. 

Love it.

Oh the joy as you see Spurs fans crawl back into the cupboard! They actually though Mourinho was leading them to success and possibly even the PL but Now, most can't wait to see the back of him.

It was always gonna end in tears but I hope it lasts for a while yet. Utter humiliation at Wembley against City will be good viewing.

:laugh2:

6 hours ago, wizardous said:

They literally look like a team without a game plan. Just pass it to Zaha and hope he can do something.

It has been like that for years and somehow it still works for them.

That just sounds like pass it to Hazard and hope he can do something but with a sh*te player!

Leeds smashing Southampton 3-0 and we couldn't get a shot on goal.... FFS ..why don't teams that play us, play open football as Southampton are doing and giving Leeds,  tons of easy chances rather than sit 10 behind the ball. 

2 hours ago, CFCCAN said:

Leeds smashing Southampton 3-0 and we couldn't get a shot on goal.... FFS ..why don't teams that play us, play open football as Southampton are doing and giving Leeds,  tons of easy chances rather than sit 10 behind the ball. 

It's a problem with us. When teams are in a rut, we give them a lifeline. It's like we look at recent results of the teams we play against and just expect an easy 3 points. We need to do more to earn our 3 points.

We need to instill a fear factor against our opponents, that always gives you an advantage before a ball is even kicked.

City always have it but Liverpool have lost their's. I think once the attacking half of the team clicks we will see a bigger improvement, plus we need to make sure we invest in a quality long term striker next season. I would even bring in Diego for the rest of the season, just so we have a horrible 'barsteward' up front getting involved causing defenders to think.

Edited by Malcolm9