Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2020/21

City imperious in the first and worked so hard.

Second a different story and after Wolves pulled one back resorted to time wasting in injury time only then to score another in the last minute of injury time.

Sterling fouling again off the ball and no comment from the officials.

Ake and Stones did ok, commentators noticed Ake holding his hamstring a few times though didn't affect his play.

12 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Suarez looks set to join Atletico Madrid on a free from Barca. 

Atletico are set to send Morata on loan to Juventus on a season long loan with option to buy.

Front two for Atletico next season of Suarez and Diego Costa? Yes please!  

Maybe a few years ago, not anymore though. Suarez can't even run much these days and Costa just hasn't been the same player since he left us.

6 hours ago, Brutos said:

Two horse race again then

Pretty much like every season in the Premier League, I just hope it's not another season where the winning team wins 30+ games (unless that team is Chelsea of course) The Premier League has become so boring. Too many teams play the same way and get brushed aside by teams challenging for the title.

So why is it the ref for our game went to the monitor to upgrade the yellow to a red but the ref for the Villa vs blades game did not check his red card call for basically the same offence?

The ability and consistency of these refs make Kepa look amazing in comparison and it sickens me these muppets get away with it scott free week after week.

After the 2 hugely debatable red cards in the last 2 days, I wonder how did the Brighton GK get away with just a yellow last week. The ball past GK, Wener would be through against an open goal, if that's not a goal scoring opportunity, how could the other 2 be? It's only week 2, and consistency in referring is already gone.

8 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Maybe a few years ago, not anymore though. Suarez can't even run much these days and Costa just hasn't been the same player since he left us.

2 hours ago, dkw said:

I expect, like me, FC means he wants to see it for the hilarity as the 2 mentalists fall out constantly.

Yeah I don't really care how good they are as footballers anymore. Just the sheer hilarity of having Suarez and Costa, two of the nastiest attackers in modern football, playing together in the same team at the same time... Can't imagine too many defenders would be looking forward to those games. 

4 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

After the 2 hugely debatable red cards in the last 2 days, I wonder how did the Brighton GK get away with just a yellow last week. The ball past GK, Wener would be through against an open goal, if that's not a goal scoring opportunity, how could the other 2 be? It's only week 2, and consistency in referring is already gone.

Because we got a pen. They have this thing called "double jeopardy" where for a professional foul if a pen is given a red does not need to be given. Had he taken Werner outside of the box he likely would have been sent off.