Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2020/21

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

Man there are some really average teams in the Europa quarters this years. If United dont turn over whoever they play and win it Ole will have failed massively.

The europa league is average period. I’m obviously happy we won it twice but it’s full of dross. Just look at who we beat on the way to winning it in 2013 and 2019. That’s why it makes me laugh when I hear it used as an argument that Benitez and sarri did a great job.

Final rant from me...as much as Jose is rightly copping it tonight, I think tonight says more about the spurs players. They got sponny on way to reaching cl final two years ago and became deluded under poch, thinking they were a big team. But you’re only a big team if you win something and they haven’t even managed a league cup in what is supposedly a golden period. They think they’re better than they are. As we know buck stops with the manager...but they can get someone else in with this lot and they’ll still fall short. Weak mentality.

5 hours ago, Argo said:

Should have been over for him at the top after us let alone United, despite the title win clear cracks were there which became gaping holes the next season.

True. His fatal flaw (narcissistic personality disorder) was clear to me by then, but at the time United hired him this was still counterbalanced by the strong track record so they can be forgiven for being fooled. By the time Spurs hired him there was a mountain of evidence for the prosecution while the track record had nosedived and there was really nothing to recommend him. I remember thinking at the time that they were going to regret it big time but I wouldn’t complain 🙂. All that said, i did have a moment of self-doubt earlier this season after they thrashed United. Oh no, could he be back? But it was a false alarm. I suspect he won’t be around at Spurs much longer (alas), and then it really should be over for him.

I thought that Jose might have been able to do something at Spurs as there was a lot of similarities with our first squad under him - underachievers. 

Unfortunately he lacks the charisma now

7 hours ago, The Brit said:

Final rant from me...as much as Jose is rightly copping it tonight, I think tonight says more about the spurs players. They got sponny on way to reaching cl final two years ago and became deluded under poch, thinking they were a big team. But you’re only a big team if you win something and they haven’t even managed a league cup in what is supposedly a golden period. They think they’re better than they are. As we know buck stops with the manager...but they can get someone else in with this lot and they’ll still fall short. Weak mentality.

Brilliant post! Very true my friend.

12 hours ago, Nibs said:

But you could use that argument with any manager - including Lamps with us this season.

But at the end of the day, the buck stops with the manager and poor old Jose just hasn't got it any more. He's a busted flush.

I think its players mindsets that is holding JM back ,when he first won the title with us he had some players in the squad that would run throu

a brick wall for him  terry essien drogba to name 3 . Zlatan at Milan said he would run throu a brick wall for him when they won the title in Italy .

Todays players just dont seem to have that 200% behind a manager mindset as they seem to have other distractions away from

the team .

I don't think Jose will change without significant trauma in football, his last Chelsea season + experience with Utd were clearly not enough for him to question himself.

Instead he played the game and went on TV to show that he has changed and now is softer but that all fell apart after just one season.

I've heard if Spurs get rid of Mourinho it will cost them £40m, I think it was Gab on ESPN who mentioned that figure and if that is accurate I very much doubt Levy will just fire him unless they are in a relegation scrap next season. 

5 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

I've heard if Spurs get rid of Mourinho it will cost them £40m, I think it was Gab on ESPN who mentioned that figure and if that is accurate I very much doubt Levy will just fire him unless they are in a relegation scrap next season. 

The longer Mou stays with them the better! Spurs wont be a threat to us any time soon

Didn’t want West Ham to win today but they look on course to do it, so maybe Mikel Arteta might get a bit of stick from the media who seem to think he’s some sort of genius despite Arsenal spending most of the season around the middle or bottom half of the table.

On 19/03/2021 at 20:48, sonic90 said:

I don't think Jose will change without significant trauma in football, his last Chelsea season + experience with Utd were clearly not enough for him to question himself.

Instead he played the game and went on TV to show that he has changed and now is softer but that all fell apart after just one season.

Tbf he is softer nowadays. He shipped out Mata and De Bruyne for being lazy but gives players like Ndombele and Dele Alli game time