Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2020/21

Just now, ashwin said:

Wow, that was a horrendous decision not to give Brighton a pen there.

I don't understand how it's not a pen... He stopped the player scoring and never touched the ball.. 

I don't understand the rules anymore, a few weeks back when Salah dived for a pen against City they said its a pen because you can't get the wrong side of the attacker and pull them back and today Maguire does exactly that and VAR doesn't change the decision. 

Let’s hope Wolves can get something tomorrow. If they do, our loss won’t be quite so bad. Liverpool have gained ground and look quite solid at the minute..but the rest all dropped points. 

13 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Let’s hope Wolves can get something tomorrow. If they do, our loss won’t be quite so bad. Liverpool have gained ground and look quite solid at the minute..but the rest all dropped points. 

Even if West Ham drop points tomorrow, our result is still a major set back because of the fixtures we have coming up. We needed to get wins against these clubs because if we are still neck and neck with Liverpool up until those last 4 games, then I think Liverpool will take 4th spot. Their run in is so much easier than ours and they look like they are finding some form again. I wouldn't write off West Ham, Tottenham or Everton either, but they all seem to be similar to us right now, they all drop points at crucial times.

It's a bit odd because if you watch all around Europe's big leagues they all seem to apply the VAR rules identically and in the way it should be applied. Whereas in the PL is almost as if refs have a verbal agreement to always stick to the main ref's decision no matter what. Something like "If I am on VAR duty I won't interfere with your decisions, if you are on VAR duty you do it my way." 

Think the PL has the lowest ratio of refs going to the sideline to do a VAR check of all the leagues in this world, you never see a ref in this country do a check, always the usual BS "VAR checking... (five seconds later) check over, move on."

Spain, Italy, Germany, France, they would all have refs going to do a check on that foul on Timo Werner the other day, they'd all have refs go check that Maguire incident on Welbeck and many many other incident. Not in England though, they seem to live in their own bubble the bastards, no wonder there was no English ref at the last WC, they are bloody awful.

1 hour ago, dkw said:

f**king sky, Everton v Palace match and they hand over 15 minutes to Carragher to talk up how amazing Trent Alexander Arnold is. 

To be fair if it had been Liverpool tonked by WBA they would have dedicated 30 minutes to why the ref sent off Silva but for the same offence 1 West Brom player only conceded a free kick and another was given as no pen.

It will be a total embarrassment for us, Arsenal and Spurs if West Ham actually end up 4th....if that is not a clear message to the Board that its not about how much money you spend, its about buying players that can play as a team and have an impact, even under an average manager like Moyes.  

2 minutes ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

Leeds have more goals than us and its Bamford leading the line, football is hard to understand sometimes.

Not really...we just piss around to much both at the back and up front, whereas others take their chances to shoot when the opportunity arises, and defend by booting it in to row ZZZ instead of pissing around at the back and inviting pressure all in the name of 'possession' ....and look where that's got us. 

3 minutes ago, CFCCAN said:

Not really...we just piss around to much both at the back and up front, whereas others take their chances to shoot when the opportunity arises, and defend by booting it in to row ZZZ instead of pissing around at the back and inviting pressure all in the name of 'possession' ....and look where that's got us. 

What i meant by that is like  what cfc97 said we have all these expensive attacking players and yet teams with Bamford and Antonio and Inneacho are in front of us. So you kinda expect our expensive player to put it in the net more than Bamford Antonio and Inneacho.