Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2020/21

Scott Harris

8 minutes ago, coco said:

Ryan Giggs denies assaulting two women.......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-56911812

Still amazes me after all these years, the treatment JT got for sleeping with the ex-partner of a former teammate vs St Giggs.

Slept with his own brothers wife and was still made GB captain. Meanwhile JT is stripped of the captaincy and eventually kicked out of the team.

28 minutes ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

Forgot Ake signed with City last summer

Now that you mention it...so did I.

Wasn't he injured for a long time?

Edited by Valerie

So who are we hoping will win this semifinal, City or Paris? If we reach the final (no jinx! no jinx!), I honestly don't see us getting past either, but perhaps the spirit of 2012 should give me faith.

Edited by Valerie

4 minutes ago, Valerie said:

So who are we hoping will win this semifinal, City or Paris? If we reach the final (no jinx! no jinx!), I honestly don't see us getting past either, but perhaps the spirit of 2012 should give me faith.

I think we can beat City, they aren't always in form in this last part of the season. Meanwhile we have never really deserved to win against PSG in all our meetings, they seem to always have our number.

2 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

I think we can beat City, they aren't always in form in this last part of the season. Meanwhile we have never really deserved to win against PSG in all our meetings, they seem to always have our number.

that's my feeling too. we know we can beat city. PSG have a lot of threat.

23 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Now that you mention it...so did I.

Wasn't he injured for a long time?

I'm not sure, after I posted that I looked up his stats and it shows he only played 9 or 10 matches all season, so good possibility he was

1 minute ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

I'm not sure, after I posted that I looked up his stats and it shows he only played 9 or 10 matches all season, so good possibility he was

Was he? I thought he couldn't displace Dias/Laporte/Stones.

3 minutes ago, Deino said:

Was he? I thought he couldn't displace Dias/Laporte/Stones.

According to transfermarkt, hes had a few injury spells this season dealing with groin and hamstring issues; missed a total of 27 games because of them.

Also, Dias, Laporte and Stones definitely have made it hard to displace any of them

Edited by chiefBlueCFC

27 minutes ago, Valerie said:

I want PSG in the final because I don’t rate Mo Po and I think Tuchel will know how to work them out. 

Plus if we lose, another English doesn’t have bragging rights. 

30 minutes ago, Valerie said:

We know more than anyone the mental stress of trying to get that elusive first one in this competition. If we do the job next week hopefully that will become a factor.

If we make it through I would say our chances vs city are 70-30 in their favour

PSG 85-15 in their favour.

If Real get through I would say they are 70-30 favorites against City and 50-50 with PSG.

Don’t watch games not involving us much but finding this one entertaining. Foden missed a really good chance there, inexperience I think,  because he’s a quality player.

Also I can’t stand Neymar, never could. Not near as good as he believes. So far behind the likes of the messi and ronaldo from a few years ago.

2 minutes ago, goose said:

Don’t watch games not involving us much but finding this one entertaining. Foden missed a really good chance there, inexperience I think,  because he’s a quality player.

Also I can’t stand Neymar, never could. Not near as good as he believes. So far behind the likes of the messi and ronaldo from a few years ago.

Mbappe even further behind too, based on his showing so far this evening.

25 minutes ago, Argo said:

We know more than anyone the mental stress of trying to get that elusive first one in this competition. If we do the job next week hopefully that will become a factor.

The 2012 team was so desperate for a CL trophy, they'd even take parking the bus for 2 games. 

The lads in the current team need that same desperation for winning titles

• coco unpinned this topic
  • Mod Stark locked this topic