Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2020/21

7 hours ago, Stim said:

It's interesting because some people just really really hate the guy, so they probably think the slump was started by him and his fault anyway, and not that maybe he did well last.

But he writes in that stupid notebook too much

I didn't like Sarri at Chelsea, I've made no pretense of that. 

I don't think he made any attempt to build a rapport with the fans and felt that he demonstrated extreme stubbornness in his team selections and tactics. Also, the chewing on dogs ends was an awful look for an elite club. 

However. He was clearly more suited to Italian football. Juventus knew what they were signing up for and to sack Sarri and bring in Pirlo was a strange choice. 

When we bought in Lampard to replace Sarri the expectations had been lowered. Our best player was gone and we had a transfer ban. So we knew as fans that Lampard was going to promote academy players, build foundations and go from there. 

What Juventus' expectations with Pirlo are is anyone's guess. Seemed liked they hoped/expected a Zidane style impact when he took over but he's not as imbeded into the club like Zidane was who had been working behind the scenes for 6 years at Madrid prior to his appointment as manager. 

f**k's sake Solskjaer - while it's good that he took note of almost tanking their season a year ago by never rotating his players, I feel like there's a happy medium to be found.

Ah well... I suppose maintaining the gap with West Ham/Liverpool is what matters. Plus I wasn't particularly comfortable wanting Man Utd to beat Leicester in the first place.

4 minutes ago, PloKoon13 said:

f**k's sake Solskjaer - while it's good that he took note of almost tanking their season a year ago by never rotating his players, I feel like there's a happy medium to be found.

Ah well... I suppose maintaining the gap with West Ham/Liverpool is what matters. Plus I wasn't particularly comfortable wanting Man Utd to beat Leicester in the first place.

Take it easy Alan Hansen... 😉 Honestly, losing wouldn't feel as bad here... keeping the scouse b******s out of CL

2 minutes ago, Bogga said:

Take it easy Alan Hansen... 😉 Honestly, losing wouldn't feel as bad here... keeping the scouse b******s out of CL

I know what you mean but You’re assuming we’ve booked our place in it. We haven’t. It could still go Pete tong.

A lot of changes for Man Utd, TBF with 3 games in 5 games it ain’t a surprise.

Hopefully Utd can get a draw tonight and at least a draw on Thursday against Liverpool.

With so many games in just a couple of days and the mickey mouse final around the corner I was expecting this... We've secured a CL spot for next season and don't wanna have any more injuries. Time for the kids to show their worth...

28 minutes ago, PloKoon13 said:

Honestly not a bad thing in my book. United are likely to be back to full strength against pool when I do want them to win.

If they lose tonight so what? Helps keep pool out of the CL a season and then is up to us to do our job tomorrow. We do that we stay ahead of Leicester when  we play them. Beat them and we make sure we stay above them. Draw and then we just need to beat Villa.

So is totally in our hands and if we cannot beat that shower of sh*t that Arsenal are then is totally on us.

Posted (edited)

Defence completely standing off of multiple players, terrible. Easy to score an 'amazing' goal when you've time, space and another person just as open to spare your blushed.

This is looking like a thrown game.

*edit*

That was a nice way of jinxing it. Almost as poor from Leicester there, how many defenders standing around doing nothing?

Edited by abigsmurf
lol equaliser

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

Man Greenwood gonna be a problem for years, the guy is a killer.

Just when I had switched on the telly and saw Leicester were 1-0 up, and grunted unhappily, he equalised. Perhaps I should continue grunting unhappily 🤔

Edited by Valerie
1 hour ago, Bogga said:

With so many games in just a couple of days and the mickey mouse final around the corner I was expecting this... We've secured a CL spot for next season and don't wanna have any more injuries. Time for the kids to show their worth...

I think OGS has understood the fanbase. Imagine winning tonight and losing Thurs, gifting City the title whilst enhancing the Scousers Top 4 credentials on the same night. 

Don’t think Utd give a f**k about Thursday now, they’ve a final to play. The likes of West Ham and maybe ourselves have been stitched up by the FA with ridicules 3 games in five days which included matches against main challengers to top 4. 
I think Liverpool will gain full points from the last 4 matches which means we need another 5 points.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, goose said:

Don’t think Utd give a f**k about Thursday now, they’ve a final to play. The likes of West Ham and maybe ourselves have been stitched up by the FA with ridicules 3 games in five days which included matches against main challengers to top 4. 
I think Liverpool will gain full points from the last 4 matches which means we need another 5 points.

I thought they would only do 3 matches in the last week of the season only if needed, very odd that they done it the week before when Man Utd are playing the media and FA favourites Brendon’s Leicester and Liverpool.

Edited by 2211

I just want Leicester to lose, don’t give a flying sh*t who ends fourth as long as we do.

yes it would be nice to see bindips out of CL but that just won’t happen

13 minutes ago, goose said:

7 minutes ago, 2211 said:

I thought they would only do 3 matches in the last week of the season only if needed, very odd that they done it the week before when Man Utd are playing the media and FA favourites Brendon’s Leicester and Liverpool.

I don't think it's a stitch up at all. This is all because United fans forced a game to be postponed. They wouldn't have to play 3 games in 5 days if it wasn't for that.