Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2020/21

12 hours ago, Brutos said:

i feel sorry for Eden only here i hope they get  Villaed by Shakter 

Hazard couldn't have went to Madrid at a worse time, he doesn't have long left at top level and it looks like it's going to take some time before Madrid are back on top again. 

It's looking that bad at Madrid that he probably had more chances of winning the Champions League if he had stayed here instead. 

More and more players and pundits are coming out in support of Ozil, do they not remember how much of a lazy ineffectual bastard he was for so many years?

Either Arsenal build around a 32 year old and continue to play pretty football and don't challenge for titles or change up their identity and move on. I actually rate Arteta for his no nonsense attitude on bad influences like Ozil and Guendozi.

11 hours ago, sonic90 said:

More and more players and pundits are coming out in support of Ozil, do they not remember how much of a lazy ineffectual bastard he was for so many years?

Either Arsenal build around a 32 year old and continue to play pretty football and don't challenge for titles or change up their identity and move on. I actually rate Arteta for his no nonsense attitude on bad influences like Ozil and Guendozi.

I really don't understand where the sympathy comes from. He must have known he wasn't going to feature this season when he wasn't being included. I knew the guy was a lazy footballer, but I didn't think he was that lazy that he couldn't be bothered to find another club and would just on his massive wages.

58 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Why are so many football pundits so hyperbolic? The other day it was "Van Dijk is the best CB ever" and last night we had Owen Hargreaves saying Partey had one of the best debuts he had ever seen..........Arsenal were playing Rapid Wien, they aren't exactly a top tier European football team.

We're not exactly dealing with word geniuses here, formulating nuances (if they even do nuances) probably isn't part of their skillset :smile:

14 hours ago, sonic90 said:

Ozil thinks his speaking out about mistreatment of Uighurs in Western China has cost him at Arsenal as they are looking to expand in China.

If Trump wins he could do worse than go to the US and then his views might be welcome.

7 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Ozil thinks his speaking out about mistreatment of Uighurs in Western China has cost him at Arsenal as they are looking to expand in China.

If Trump wins he could do worse than go to the US and then his views might be welcome.

Özil, being a muslim, spoke up for muslem Uighurs. Anti-China or not, I'm not sure Trumpians will endorse human rights for any non-christian. And this coming from a muslim as well, ooooooh scary!

Edited by Valerie
14 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Özil, being a muslim, spoke up for muslem Uighurs. Anti-China or not, I'm not sure Trumpians will endorse human rights for any non-christian.

I don't know they might use him for a quick headline yet if a another Middle Eastern war breaks out his views might not be so welcome.

Perhaps he should go to Erdogan's Turkey once his contract runs down.

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

How do you link Trump and Özil or China and the US here is a bit distorted... Özil would be welcomed in the MLS and China as he's a known name, be sure of it.

16 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

How do you link Trump and Özil or China and the US here is a bit distorted... Özil would be welcomed in the MLS and China as he's a known name, be sure of it.

Trump has been clear that he thinks China is taking too much business from the US at the same times as manipulating their currency to suit their export directed economy.

Also the US has been playing hard ball under Trump in trying to stop China using the South China sea as their personal play pool and has called the COV-ID virus the China virus.

Under those circumstances they might welcome an outspoken critic if it suits their anti-China stance. 

However given the US history with its penchant for interfering in countries in and close to the Middle East it could be a short welcome.

Politics is a funny game, bedfellows one day enemies the next.

2 hours ago, Valerie said:

Özil, being a muslim, spoke up for muslem Uighurs. Anti-China or not, I'm not sure Trumpians will endorse human rights for any non-christian. And this coming from a muslim as well, ooooooh scary!

Yep, and that's fully commendable, but he's also a hypocrite because he's cozy and friendy with Erdogan who's not that far off the CCP when it comes to human rights abuses. 

Bloody hell Bamford is 27, does time fly or what? Villa were doing very well then the momentum swung, 3-0 doesn't reflect on Villa's performance.

Boy does the table look weird after 5 games, Everton, Villa and Leeds in top 3.

6 hours ago, Argo said:

Fans on twitter whinging because we didn't give Bamford a chance.

I wondrr how many of those people also abuse Mount and Tammy when they have slight drops in form.

I can't stand this mentality, nothing but ultra hindsight. The same people who go on as if Lamptey is world class and wasn't given the chance here. 

3 hours ago, Slojo said:

I can't stand this mentality, nothing but ultra hindsight. The same people who go on as if Lamptey is world class and wasn't given the chance here. 

It's not even hindsight, he didn't even score till like his 30th PL game back then (and three clubs decided against signing him permanently), a purple patch five years later changes absolutely nothing.

The players these people refuse to be patient with are more established and proven than Bamford even now, let alone the version of 2015.