Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2020/21

37 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

So you’re not a fan?

Mourinho used to leave three smaller, quicker players up the pitch because it at very least meant they opposition had to leave four players to mark them and it left the box clearer for the defenders/Cech to come take the ball. If he did catch it, it’d be played out like a shot on to put us straight on the counter. No idea why we ever stopped, it worked great!

Apologies. That was a rant. 

I hate him though. 

1 hour ago, Stim said:

Its so Solsjkaer united to beat PSG and Leipzig then lose to Istanbul Basaksehir

Because OGS can set United up to play on the counter but he can't get them to play on the front font. 

United have a decent record against big sides under OGS for that reason but his overall win record is average at best. 

5 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Because OGS can set United up to play on the counter but he can't get them to play on the front font. 

United have a decent record against big sides under OGS for that reason but his overall win record is average at best. 

He's the Kenny Dalglish of United. 

Kenny was a nightmare to play against for any top side. I remember the anxiety I had in that 2012 F.A. Cup final, I had 0 confidence going into that game because he used to get one over us all the time and every other top side. 

OGS is quite similar, no matter how sh*t they look, and how confident you can be going into it, they'll surprise you. 

Two of the worst pieces of defending I have seen this season has come from United. Maguire's defending against Tottenham where he wrestled his own team mate to the ground, and last night when they left Demba free on the half way line. The goal Demba Ba scored was like Torres goal against Barcelona in 2012, the difference was that United weren't desperately pushing for a last minute goal to put them into the final like Barcelona were.

Looks like Ole is on the ropes with rumours of Mo Po circulating. Ole does have a habit of pulling big results out of the bag but I think his time is coming to an end. PSG apparently want Mo Po so it depends who bites the bullet quickest.