Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2020/21

11 minutes ago, comtrend said:

Agent Barkley doing good work today. He is easily worth 50mil, if he keeps this up through the season.

Think that’s what chelsea are counting on. I doubt he will play for chelsea again but club stand to make a big profit if he plays well at villa and they or someone else look to buy him

Roy Keane had a point last week when pointing out to Tim Cahill that Arsenal had lost 3 games this season already. Tonight makes 4. 

I know Arteta is doing a rebuild of sorts at Arsenal but are they really any better off now than they were with Emery? 

At what point would the Arsenal board start to panic about their position in the table? Eight games played and they're in the bottom half of the table with a negative goal difference. 

8 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Roy Keane had a point last week when pointing out to Tim Cahill that Arsenal had lost 3 games this season already. Tonight makes 4. 

I know Arteta is doing a rebuild of sorts at Arsenal but are they really any better off now than they were with Emery? 

At what point would the Arsenal board start to panic about their position in the table? Eight games played and they're in the bottom half of the table with a negative goal difference. 

They will give him time but it bemuses me why arsenal fans/players go ott every year when they have a few good results. When will they learn?

Apparently Willian is having the worst season of his life at the moment, which is so strange as he finished last season with us bang in form and was playing arguably some of his best football.

I think he will pick it up at some point but if he doesn't then boy did we dodge a bullet, even 1 year would've been a waste of money on this showing.

1 hour ago, sonic90 said:

Apparently Willian is having the worst season of his life at the moment, which is so strange as he finished last season with us bang in form and was playing arguably some of his best football.

I think he will pick it up at some point but if he doesn't then boy did we dodge a bullet, even 1 year would've been a waste of money on this showing.

Because he doesn't give two sh*ts about Arsenal, he went there for a big contract really no different to a player going to China.

On another note what is so great about Arteta? He's so hyped up but what are people seeing that i'm not?

54 minutes ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

i have to admit its not the same without the youngins in the backround making fun of them.

He’s hilarious when arsenal lose. Bit odd he doesn’t mention aubameyang in his rant...what has he done since they caved in and gave him all that cash?

2 hours ago, sonic90 said:

Apparently? Nah, Willian was always like that. 1 good run of games in form then abysmal for the next few games before going average again.

The only time Willian ever tries his best is when it's contract negotiation time.

Edited by Deino
26 minutes ago, Deino said:

Apparently? Nah, Willian was always like that. 1 good run of games in form then abysmal for the next few games before going average again.

The only time Willian ever tries his best is when it's contract negotiation time.

It's funny seeing some Arsenal fans defending Willian with the famous "most key passes and chances created" line that I've had to argue against so many times when he was with us. 

2 hours ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

i have to admit its not the same without the youngins in the backround making fun of them.

I've only listed to a couple of minutes and agree with most, never rated Lacazette his end product is just too sparse. Willian we know is hit and miss though to be fair when we used to play counter-attack football he was great on the break. Agree on Luiz and Aubameyang likes Luiz trying t find him with the long ball.

People will know that I was a big defender of Willian while he was here, I thought he was a good player. But I knew more than one year and it's a mistake, because he was playing for his contract. 

When Willian constantly played, when he played for Mourinho in his title winning season I don't think he missed one game, yet he only had like 2/3 assists in the Premier League, something shocking like that. However, he was quality when we won the league under Conte and he barely played, because he had to fight for his place and make every minute count. He did the exact same last season, he knew that he was fighting for the rest of his career. Arsenal offered him a contract he couldn't refuse, 3 years on stupid wages. 

If were to give him longer than a year I knew it would end up in a Malouda situation where we're probably going to let him sit in reserves for a year because he probably isn't going to perform like we want him to. I can't say I regretted letting him go to Arsenal at all or trying to match their offer, we upgraded with Ziyech already, we have talent like Pulisic and CHO coming through with lots of potential. We didn't need to be hanging onto a player who has little time left and who only performs when he really has to. 

8 hours ago, Argo said:

Because he doesn't give two sh*ts about Arsenal, he went there for a big contract really no different to a player going to China.

On another note what is so great about Arteta? He's so hyped up but what are people seeing that i'm not?

Hes took them massively backwards attacking wise, they now have only 9 goals in 8 games and zero from open play in the last 4 games. They barely get a shot on target.