Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2020/21

Willian signing for Arsenal would have made more sense if they had goal scorers throughout their team but they don't. 

He hasn't scored or double figures in the Premier League in 7 years so he wasn't going to start at 32 years old. 

He never assisted double figures either, 9 was his highest tally for Chelsea. For a player that's allowed to take so many set pieces that's a pretty shocking statistic. 

To be fair to Willian 2 assists and no goals after 7 games is pretty much what he normally delivers. His averages at Chelsea were 5 goals and 5 assists per season. 

11 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Willian signing for Arsenal would have made more sense if they had goal scorers throughout their team but they don't. 

He hasn't scored or double figures in the Premier League in 7 years so he wasn't going to start at 32 years old. 

He never assisted double figures either, 9 was his highest tally for Chelsea. For a player that's allowed to take so many set pieces that's a pretty shocking statistic. 

To be fair to Willian 2 assists and no goals after 7 games is pretty much what he normally delivers. His averages at Chelsea were 5 goals and 5 assists per season. 

I didn't mind him being a squad player too much but we knew what to expect from him. A few moments of magic, some good performances, and many many mediocre games. Arsenal fans better revise whatever unrealistic expectations they had from him 😄

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Hes took them massively backwards attacking wise, they now have only 9 goals in 8 games and zero from open play in the last 4 games. They barely get a shot on target.

I called this as early as our game at The Emirates last season (which was his first home game) when everyone was raving about them, they didn't even have a shot between their early goal and Willock's shot that went wide just before we levelled.

People are heavily blinded because he won a domestic cup following in the footsteps of genius' like McLeish, McLaren, past his prime Dalglish, Redknapp and Martinez.

30 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Enjoy. 

Their gloating about his signing in the summer was ludicrous, they literally acted like they took Hazard in his prime of us. I mean even taking out the fact it shows they learned nothing from the Cech/Luiz situations we replaced him with Ziyech and Havertz ffs. It's the equivalent of us in the early 00's nabbing Kanu on a free while they signed Samuel Eto'o and David Beckham, that would have depressed me.

Funny thing is, you can just see Azpi making the same move in a couple of years when RJ is firmly immovable in that RB spot and it will be the same bullsh*t again.

53 minutes ago, Argo said:

Their gloating about his signing in the summer was ludicrous, they literally acted like they took Hazard in his prime of us. I mean even taking out the fact it shows they learned nothing from the Cech/Luiz situations we replaced him with Ziyech and Havertz ffs. It's the equivalent of us in the early 00's nabbing Kanu on a free while they signed Samuel Eto'o and David Beckham, that would have depressed me.

Funny thing is, you can just see Azpi making the same move in a couple of years when RJ is firmly immovable in that RB spot and it will be the same bullsh*t again.

Can't imagine Azpi making a direct move to Arsenal.

26 minutes ago, ashwin said:

Can't imagine Azpi making a direct move to Arsenal.

Idk, chance to remain in London on a good wage while coasting in semi retirement, even Cech couldn't resist.

Unlike most i don't mind seeing it (once i look past one of ours in that kit) infact in many ways i like it, the more players who give us their prime then go there in their twilight years the more it emphasises just what a bigger club we are these days despite their attempts to use ancient history to argue otherwise.

Edited by Argo
1 hour ago, Argo said:

You should read the Willian thread on Arsenal Mania if you've got time, it's hilarious. First few pages are nothing but gloating because he rejected a contract here, last pages are asking for a receipt. 

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/manchester-united/story/4230931/man-united-captain-maguire-criticism-down-to-jealousy

This guy just needs to shut up for a while, his statements since being arrested in Greece have been embarrassing. Just shut up and do your job as a footballer especially when you are going through one of the toughest phases of your footballing career.

41 minutes ago, Slojo said:

You should read the Willian thread on Arsenal Mania if you've got time, it's hilarious. First few pages are nothing but gloating because he rejected a contract here, last pages are asking for a receipt. 

This video from the Fulham game has flew under the radar, compared his impact to Bruno Fernandes :laugh2:

4 hours ago, Argo said:

Idk, chance to remain in London on a good wage while coasting in semi retirement, even Cech couldn't resist.

Unlike most i don't mind seeing it (once i look past one of ours in that kit) infact in many ways i like it, the more players who give us their prime then go there in their twilight years the more it emphasises just what a bigger club we are these days despite their attempts to use ancient history to argue otherwise.

Idk, I see Azpi moving to Bilbao or Valencia or somewhere back in Spain. Might even be a Chelsea Ambassador at one point.

3 hours ago, Argo said:

This video from the Fulham game has flew under the radar, compared his impact to Bruno Fernandes :laugh2:

Ah the classic Willian high for the first game after he signs a new contract. The praise looks like a checklist now for me:

Driving the ball from midfield? Check

Assists and/or goals? Check

Workrate? Check

Good tight controls? Check

Winning the ball back? Check

Good set piece? Check

Be prepared though because it never gets better and gets worse over time.

Soon the complaints will be:

Poor decisionmaking

Backwards and sideways passing

Runs like a headless chicken

Always hit the first man on corners

Doing nothing whilst looking busy

Thought Arteta was assembling a decent squad but yesterday might have shown him that some players can't be relied upon.

He is playing their best player and captain out of position. Aubameyang is their main threat and goal scorer yet Arteta insists on playing him out wide. Have never been convinced with Lacazette - he's too flaky and misses too many chances and often goes missing completely. And then of course Willian with his one good game now and again but when things don't go so well, the most you will get out of him is a few shrugs!

Looking forward to our Boxing Day game with them and hope we absolutely batter them. Hope Martinelli isn't available for that game though 'cos I do rate him highly.

36 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Thought Arteta was assembling a decent squad but yesterday might have shown him that some players can't be relied upon.

He is playing their best player and captain out of position. Aubameyang is their main threat and goal scorer yet Arteta insists on playing him out wide. Have never been convinced with Lacazette - he's too flaky and misses too many chances and often goes missing completely. And then of course Willian with his one good game now and again but when things don't go so well, the most you will get out of him is a few shrugs!

Looking forward to our Boxing Day game with them and hope we absolutely batter them. Hope Martinelli isn't available for that game though 'cos I do rate him highly.

Partey is injured now too.

Willian has had good games for Chelsea, we shouldn’t forget that, but there were flashes during seasons, rather than consistently week after week. Eg his performances against Barcelona in 2018 and spurs last season are right up there in terms of quality. 
but I was surprised we went to the extent of offering him (at the time) a two-year deal at a soon-to-be 32-year-old. Thank goodness Arsenal were stupid enough to give him a three-year contract on big money. 

4 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

DT is the typical school playground chavy thug that picks on smaller people. Plus he always starts something & then he says I have a health condition, well don’t start on people then, absolute moron. 

There is no way I could watch a game of football with somebody like him. Having a rant now and again happens, but this guy is ranting like a lunatic every few minutes, in every game. I would be afraid to speak, he comes across like the type of guy that would snap and throw a chair at you if you said something he didn't agree with.

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

There is no way I could watch a game of football with somebody like him. Having a rant now and again happens, but this guy is ranting like a lunatic every few minutes, in every game. I would be afraid to speak, he comes across like the type of guy that would snap and throw a chair at you if you said something he didn't agree with.

It's a wannabe hardman act. Like Floyd said, he puts on this persona to get clicks but in person he's very quiet according to a lot of people. He took someone to court for swearing at him outside the ground, that's how much of a drip he is. 

I'm so glad we don't have a fan channel like that, they're an absolute embarrassment, Arsenal fans must hate those idiots.