Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2020/21

On 22/11/2020 at 04:51, Ernie_blue said:

MOTD conviently forget the foul by Fred leading to the pen

That's why I much prefer to watch the ESPN analyses and punditry. Always great to listen to Frank Lebouf who doesn't hide the fact that he's a fan (but still remains objective) and incredibly even to Craig Burley (who doesn't hide the fact that he's not a fan 😂). Burley says it as it is. The only problem there is Steve Nichols and his Liverpool love in but the others are not bad.

The best thing is that all their videos are uploaded on YouTube and can be watched for free.

Footy365s early season lookback with points they got wrong

10) Mikel Arteta was a genius

9) Crystal Palace were in trouble

😎 Sheffield United would be alright

7) Liverpool couldn’t keep it up for a third season

6) Leeds would finish comfortably in the top half

5) James Rodriguez would struggle

4) David Moyes would be sacked

3) Frank Lampard was not good enough

2) Manchester City were title favourites

1) Jose Mourinho was past it

Liverpool, Lampard and other Premier League predictions we all got wrong (football365.com)

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/premier-league/harry-kane-the-most-street-wise-footballer-in-premier-league-says-jamie-carragher/ar-BB1biZrh?li=BBoPWjP

So when the England Captain Dives around it's called being street smart & when foreigners do it then its a cultural thing, I like the Sky punditry team however they do say some crazy sh*t at times.

1 hour ago, Imran_CFC said:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/premier-league/harry-kane-the-most-street-wise-footballer-in-premier-league-says-jamie-carragher/ar-BB1biZrh?li=BBoPWjP

So when the England Captain Dives around it's called being street smart & when foreigners do it then its a cultural thing, I like the Sky punditry team however they do say some crazy sh*t at times.

I don't know why some people are afraid to say it. Harry Kane is one of the biggest cheats in the league. He reminds me of Suarez, he commits a foul and pretends that he is the one that is fouled.

8 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I don't know why some people are afraid to say it. Harry Kane is one of the biggest cheats in the league. He reminds me of Suarez, he commits a foul and pretends that he is the one that is fouled.

Completely agree, I just don't get why the pundits laud it with some players and shout and scream about diving when others do it. Kane on the weekend in the dying minutes of the game got the ball high up the pitch and dived to win a free kick and the immediate reaction from Gary Neville was to praise him at how well he had played and was his MOTM.

The lack of consistency is absolutely sickening, at least in other countries they accept diving as being part of the game and see it as a skill whereas the hypocrisy and double standards in the PL are hugely frustrating, either accept diving as being part of the game and call it being "Street Smart" or completely denounce it from the game for all players.

4 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Footy365s early season lookback with points they got wrong

10) Mikel Arteta was a genius

9) Crystal Palace were in trouble

😎 Sheffield United would be alright

7) Liverpool couldn’t keep it up for a third season

6) Leeds would finish comfortably in the top half

5) James Rodriguez would struggle

4) David Moyes would be sacked

3) Frank Lampard was not good enough

2) Manchester City were title favourites

1) Jose Mourinho was past it

Liverpool, Lampard and other Premier League predictions we all got wrong (football365.com)

C*nts.

Same goes for Harry Kane cheat apologists. A bit expected though seeing as Jose wanted the Tottenham team to be c*nts

Man United win another penalty I see. Rashford throwing himself into the opposition defender is clever play apparently.

I'm getting a bit sick of how easy it is to get a penalty these days. All you need to do is force contact with the defender and it's a foul. Footballers used to get ripped to pieces for this in the past, but now it seems to be accepted. Basically, if a you're in a 1v1 race to win the ball, all you need to do is throw yourself into the defender and you get a penalty.

22 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Man United win another penalty I see. Rashford throwing himself into the opposition defender is clever play apparently.

I'm getting a bit sick of how easy it is to get a penalty these days. All you need to do is force contact with the defender and it's a foul. Footballers used to get ripped to pieces for this in the past, but now it seems to be accepted. Basically, if a you're in a 1v1 race to win the ball, all you need to do is throw yourself into the defender and you get a penalty.

Only if you wear the right colour shirt. Wear Chelsea blue and you’ll be lucky not to be shown a card for simulation...

23 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Even if most of them are correct decisions, it's amazing how they always get the benefit of the doubt, while other teams get 50/50 calls constantly. Just take Maguire wrestling Azpilicueta in the box at Old Trafford this season, clear penalty, any day of the week, we get that we could've won 1-0. But no, doesn't even get VAR checked... Meanwhile United will get any call and have all their decisions checked. 

13 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Even if most of them are correct decisions, it's amazing how they always get the benefit of the doubt, while other teams get 50/50 calls constantly. Just take Maguire wrestling Azpilicueta in the box at Old Trafford this season, clear penalty, any day of the week, we get that we could've won 1-0. But no, doesn't even get VAR checked... Meanwhile United will get any call and have all their decisions checked. 

One of the reasons why that Maguire situation is such a good example is because despite being a clear cut penalty at first viewing from any angle it had little or no review.....and yet within a minute we're seeing an excruciating level of detail reviewing a far more innocuous challenge on Rashford to the point it was almost like they wouldnt stop reviewing until they found something to call. 

2 hours ago, erskblue said:

2-0 to Atalanta at Anfield now.

image.gif

image.gif

Premier League clubs need to get a grip and actually start competing with Liverpool. I have never seen a club get such an easy ride at the top. They aren't even being tested in the Premier League for some reason, just look at Leicester's performance against them the other day, it was like they didn't even try. Where was the same effort they have been showing in the other games this season, like the performance against City? Liverpool are finding it a lot tougher in Europe, no team in Europe fears them. Even we went easy on them, they didn't even need to go up a gear. The only teams in the Premier League that didn't roll over for Liverpool were Villa and Leeds.

Looking at the state Man City find themselves in has got me questioning Pep's Managerial prowess, he has experienced great success at the 3 clubs he has managed however he has not really had to build those teams. These were teams which he inherited and not taking anything away from him but he did an excellent job in achieving success with those teams however this is the first time he is being tasked with building a team and I've got to say he is failing miserably. If we look at the team he inherited at City, the starting 11 was as follows:

Hart, Clichy, Kompany, Otamendi, Zabaleta, KDB, Fernandinho, Yaya, Silva, Aguero, Sterling

He has been there a few seasons now and spent close to £750m and the team which started against Spurs was:

Ederson, Walker, Dias, Laporte, Cancelo, Bernardo, Rodri, KDB, Mahrez, Jesus, Torres

City appear to be significantly weaker as a team even after such huge amounts invested into the team, should he be in the conversation when we discuss the greatest Managers of all time?