Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2020/21

21 minutes ago, abigsmurf said:

Another stupid VAR decision. Just because the Southampton player kicks out after he's been fouled, that doesn't mean the foul's continued on.

Take a look at Cricket and have a "ref's decision" for the extreme marginal things. Camera's aren't accurate enough and there is too much interpretation left in the rules, just like players don't get a "do-over" for played advantage that's wasted, the ref shouldn't for tight decision.

To be honest all it meant was that Danny Ings scored a penalty instead of Ward-Prowse scoring a freekick! 😇

14 hours ago, sonic90 said:

That is unreal, especially since he's a fullback and should be used to doing it for years now. Tbf players in another position might take foul throws when they aren't used to it, Victor Moses did a fair few foul throws as wingback.

To be fair, foul throws are about the most arbitrarily and inconsistently enforced thing in football.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/12153369/thomas-partey-mikel-arteta-critical-of-injured-arsenal-midfielder-leaving-the-field

So the other day Pepe let the team down and now its's Partey letting the team down & in both scenario's Arteta hangs them out to dry in front of the media. In both cases it's obvious the player has let their team down therefore Arteta could get an easy win by defending them in front of the media and getting them on side especially considering how important Partey seems to be for Arsenal.

If you add this to the way Ozil has been treated it's no real surprise that the players don't seem to be on the side of the Manager. It's about time Arteta looked at himself and his naive tactics if he is looking to blame someone, continuously putting in crosses for a striker who has 3 headed goals in close to 100 PL apps is madness.

3 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

It is difficult to know if Partey is at fault without knowing the injury, if it is a hamstring than fair enough.

I think Arteta is also wrong to highlight this instead of admitting they got beaten by better tactics on the day, now we move on etc. 

I think it was clear that he was rushed back for the Spurs game which was a decision Arteta made and to go in front of the media and slate Partey seems like deflection to me.

28 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

I think it was clear that he was rushed back for the Spurs game which was a decision Arteta made and to go in front of the media and slate Partey seems like deflection to me.

It's pretty bad, but I think Partey should've just sat down instead of going off the pitch, that was a weird protocol. Besides that, he did nothing wrong. 

Seen the video clip, the 4th official definitely yells out negro, possibly negru (which is basically the same in Romanian, not sure why it's a defence). God knows how anyone from UEFA can salvage the situation.

The Turkish players walked off first so the standard thing would be to award PSG a 3-0. However, not sure UEFA will want to punish a side that's a victim of racism and there's no room for a replay in fixtures.

My housemate supports Man Utd, so I had that game on in the background while I was watching the Chelsea game.

I kept reassuring him that as someone who grew up in the 90s, I have learned never to write off Man Utd. They can always produce a moment of quality, jamminess, or outright cheating to pull something out of their arse, regardless of whether they deserve it, and regardless of whether it's the seventh minute of four minutes of injury time. Good to see that they duly obliged with two goals of questionable legitimacy late in the second half.

I have no idea how they managed to piss away qualification for the last sixteen of the CL given the start they made. So many atrocious first halves and starting XIs from Solskjaer, surely they have to bin him off now? All these dodgy comebacks and Fernandes single-handedly dragging them through games have papered over the cracks.

2 hours ago, Slojo said:

I think it's amazing that United can be level on points with us if they win their game in hand. 

They've been f**king awful. 

I guess that's the result of the following:

• Awarded a Penalty after the FT whistle against Brighton
  • Numerous decisions against WBA which included a Pen ruled out for WBA & retaking a missed pen
  • Awarded a goal when the ball clearly went out of play against West Ham
  • Us not getting the most blatant penalty against them

We don't get that much luck in a whole season never mind in the span of 10 games.

The only legitimate wins they have this season are probably Everton and Newcastle

29 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

I guess that's the result of the following:

• Awarded a Penalty after the FT whistle against Brighton
  • Numerous decisions against WBA which included a Pen ruled out for WBA & retaking a missed pen
  • Awarded a goal when the ball clearly went out of play against West Ham
  • Us not getting the most blatant penalty against them

We don't get that much luck in a whole season never mind in the span of 10 games.

The only legitimate wins they have this season are probably Everton and Newcastle

I've called them Penalty FC, they seem to have the most ridiculous run of luck. Fernandes is literally carrying them. I hope they keep Ole for a long time. They won't be winning anything while he is there.

United have City at the weekend. It feels like it could be a big week for Ole. The rumours are they Woodward wants to back Ole so hopefully there won’t be much chance of him being sacked. However if the performances continue to be poor, then they won’t hang around. 

That’s the thing with united, it’s their performances rather than the results which have been poor - which seems like an strange arguement. 

I'm not sure why you brought mascots and sponsors into it.

Millwall have had campaigns and initiatives against racism for years and their fans have been fine with it.

the fact is , instead of kneeling , Kazim Richards stood with his arm raised in a black power salute, . 

in this country we have the right to voice dissent . If course the press and yourself want to hysterically  brand anyone who doesn't fall in line as " racists".  

but you missed the point of my original comment altogether, which focused on the structural.racism inherent in a country  in which we will play the World Cup,  so eager were you to promote your own agenda, you failed to even mention it.

On 07/12/2020 at 22:03, DidierDrogbalala said:

The keeling down is to bring awareness to the cause, to talk about race inequality. Of course the Premier League/FA use it more as a PR stunt more than anything and can say that theyve done something, they should have put as much energy to the cause as Marcus Rashford did for the kids.

The kneeling issue right now is taken out of context so much that people now put it as a political stance wich isnt at all. The Black Lives Matter movement used it during their protest to bring support to Colin Kapernick'cause about Police brutality against people of colour in the United States, but with everything that happened this summer all over the world, it seemed that poeple outside thought the kneeling was some kind of Far Left political move. Some people didnt like the movement  and are  thinking why are they bringing this sh*t in the Football ?. But once again, its to bring awareness to the cause.

With all the things happening before the Kick Off, Mascots, Paying homage to him/her, thanking all the sponsors.If the simple fact of players taking a knee for 5 seconds to bring awareness to the cause makes you loose your cool and makes you boo and makes you cry out loud, im sorry but theres something wrong with you.

I have replied to your comment . 

On 07/12/2020 at 22:03, DidierDrogbalala said:

The keeling down is to bring awareness to the cause, to talk about race inequality. Of course the Premier League/FA use it more as a PR stunt more than anything and can say that theyve done something, they should have put as much energy to the cause as Marcus Rashford did for the kids.

The kneeling issue right now is taken out of context so much that people now put it as a political stance wich isnt at all. The Black Lives Matter movement used it during their protest to bring support to Colin Kapernick'cause about Police brutality against people of colour in the United States, but with everything that happened this summer all over the world, it seemed that poeple outside thought the kneeling was some kind of Far Left political move. Some people didnt like the movement  and are  thinking why are they bringing this sh*t in the Football ?. But once again, its to bring awareness to the cause.

With all the things happening before the Kick Off, Mascots, Paying homage to him/her, thanking all the sponsors.If the simple fact of players taking a knee for 5 seconds to bring awareness to the cause makes you loose your cool and makes you boo and makes you cry out loud, im sorry but theres something wrong with you.

I think you're confused mate, I didn't boo anyone. But you think there's " Something wrong with me" ? Yeah right.

2 hours ago, The Rising Sun said:

the fact is , instead of kneeling , Kazim Richards stood with his arm raised in a black power salute, . 

Is the black power salute a problem? Or at least do you find it more problematic than the symbol of taking the knee? 

The Millwall fans claimed that their issue was with the ties to the political movement of Black Lives Matter which is in favour of defunding the police and other alleged "Marxist" ideologies. 

So if a player displayed the black power salute then surely that's better because it's not linked to the Kaepernick taking the knee that was partially in protest against police brutality.