Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2020/21

12 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Is the black power salute a problem? Or at least do you find it more problematic than the symbol of taking the knee? 

The Millwall fans claimed that their issue was with the ties to the political movement of Black Lives Matter which is in favour of defunding the police and other alleged "Marxist" ideologies. 

So if a player displayed the black power salute then surely that's better because it's not linked to the Kaepernick taking the knee that was partially in protest against police brutality. 

I don't know mate , I suppose I'm defending the right to protest !

Anyway, Kazim was the first professional footballer to be convicted of homophobia in the courts, some people pick and choose their prejudices it seems.

3 minutes ago, The Rising Sun said:

I don't know mate , I suppose I'm defending the right to protest !

Anyway, Kazim was the first professional footballer to be convicted of homophobia in the courts, some people pick and choose their prejudices it seems.

First sentence you're defending the right to protest. 

Second sentence you criticise a person who protested. 

4 hours ago, The Rising Sun said:

I'm not sure why you brought mascots and sponsors into it.

Millwall have had campaigns and initiatives against racism for years and their fans have been fine with it.

the fact is , instead of kneeling , Kazim Richards stood with his arm raised in a black power salute, . 

in this country we have the right to voice dissent . If course the press and yourself want to hysterically  brand anyone who doesn't fall in line as " racists".  

but you missed the point of my original comment altogether, which focused on the structural.racism inherent in a country  in which we will play the World Cup,  so eager were you to promote your own agenda, you failed to even mention it.

First of all I wasn’t attacking you, I was talking about Millwall fans or the fans that went to their teams game and couldn’t wait to “boo” the kneeling.

I didn’t answer the World Cup thing because it wasn’t what we were talking about and it’s a whole new debate.

I don’t have any agenda, I don’t what you mean by that? Just because i defend a cause doesn’t mean i have one, I’m just trying to understand why people do it that are all.

You have every right to voice dissent about somethings that are close to your heart, but to protest against Race inequality???? 

The he reason why I brought out the Sponsors, Mascots and everything else that comes before the free kick it’s because those thing are so useless and are waisting everyone’s times and are so  much more annoying then a simple knee to the ground and yet nobody complains about that and we just get on with it because it’s know part of the pre game rituals.

You should read David Squires cartoon.

9 hours ago, JM7 said:

That’s the thing with united, it’s their performances rather than the results which have been poor - which seems like an strange arguement. 

I think this is the point we're making though. They are getting by based on luck, penalties and Fernandes. Now I think VAR has increased the amount of penalties so maybe this is happening across the board but there barely seems to be a game now where they don't win a dubious pen.

Frankly I think penalties need to be done away with full stop when it isn't a clear goal scoring opportunity. VAR has just had the slightest of contact a penalty. It's actually silly.

5 minutes ago, Nibs said:

f**k Me, I wouldn't. He would win them the PL within 2 seasons.

Can't see United winning the league in 2 seasons, they need a Manager to build a team & shepherd them through a transition which will involve getting rid of Pogba, Mata, Matic, James, Shaw, Bailly, Lingard & possibly De Gea and bring in decent replacements. As good of a coach Conte is he certainly is not the person to build a long-term squad alongside integrating the younger members of the team.

He will most likely push to bring back Sanchez & Young maybe block the sale of Pogba, Matic & Mata and I certainly wouldnt be surprised if he pushed to buy Fabregas from Monaco 🤣. In all seriousness he would set United back a few years, he may win them a cup but I think teams have wised up to the 3 at the back system and United don't have the players to challenge for the league with the wingback system.  

20 hours ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

First of all I wasn’t attacking you, I was talking about Millwall fans or the fans that went to their teams game and couldn’t wait to “boo” the kneeling.

I didn’t answer the World Cup thing because it wasn’t what we were talking about and it’s a whole new debate.

I don’t have any agenda, I don’t what you mean by that? Just because i defend a cause doesn’t mean i have one, I’m just trying to understand why people do it that are all.

You have every right to voice dissent about somethings that are close to your heart, but to protest against Race inequality???? 

The he reason why I brought out the Sponsors, Mascots and everything else that comes before the free kick it’s because those thing are so useless and are waisting everyone’s times and are so  much more annoying then a simple knee to the ground and yet nobody complains about that and we just get on with it because it’s know part of the pre game rituals.

You should read David Squires cartoon.

Well, I don't agree with several of your views, but Idon't propose to go round in circles, 

have a good day