Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2020/21

14 hours ago, JM7 said:

Rumours are starting already..

093E3436-3BD8-4D99-BE5D-734C7C201EF9.png

It's f**king obvious who's leaking all this to the press. 

However, the reality is, Mourinho just can't cut it in this age of football. Player power is far too strong these days, a manager will always go before multiple of players who are worth about 10 times a managerial contract. It used to be Mourinho could say these things and the players would have no choice but to knuckle down and get on with it, now not so much. He just doesn't fit into the times anymore. The reason why Ferguson could do it for so long is because he had such a large hold and grip on United for years, if you were to put Alex Ferguson at any other club today, he would be having the exact same problems, he would be ousted out within a year. 

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Spurs rumoured to being close to signing Bale and Regulion. Seen them linked with Belotti today too. 

Sounds too good to be true for Spurs but could make the league a bit more interesting. 

Really doubt Belotti would come to be on the bench, he loves Torino way too much to do that and he probably still cost around 40-50 million euros, i really dont see that move happening.

Spurs do need Reguilon tho, Davies is not good enough if they want to finish top 4.

As for Bale...I,ll believe it when i see it.

Really doubt Levy has a ton of money to spend with his brand new empty stadium.

Edited by DidierDrogbalala
39 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Dele Alli left out of Spurs' Europa League squad with rumours mounting he could be sold before the window closes. 

Jose gotta Jose. 

Yeah I saw that - I would amazed if Spurs allowed Jose to sell Alli. He’s an idiot but he’s a good player. Matt Law conformed that he was offered as part of the Bale deal. Madness. 

24 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Yeah I saw that - I would amazed if Spurs allowed Jose to sell Alli. He’s an idiot but he’s a good player. Matt Law conformed that he was offered as part of the Bale deal. Madness. 

Alli hasn't looked very good for a fair while now and been in and out of the side and lost his place in the England squad. Think Spurs would do well to get decent money for him whilst they still can. 

5 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Alli hasn't looked very good for a fair while now and been in and out of the side and lost his place in the England squad. Think Spurs would do well to get decent money for him whilst they still can. 

It’s a big call though to sell. While Bale is a quality player, I wouldn’t want to tell him for Alli. 

7 hours ago, JM7 said:

It’s a big call though to sell. While Bale is a quality player, I wouldn’t want to tell him for Alli. 

Bale is a cancer to that Real side. Imagine paying 15m a year for a player that sits on the bench and plays golf. Anyone that wants to sign Bale now is just stupid imo

16 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Dele Alli left out of Spurs' Europa League squad with rumours mounting he could be sold before the window closes. 

Jose gotta Jose. 

Glad to see the first steps of my prophecy of Alli ending up at QPR by age 29 are coming to fruition. 

Surprised it's not working out at the moment - José and Alli seemed like a perfect match. 

Thiago to Liverpool seems like is done with Liverpool agreeing the 30m fee

Must be frustrating for the United fans this window they've gone after Gabriel, Bale, Thiago, Sancho, Ake, Reguilon & Grealish and only managed to bring in Van de Beek, an area of the pitch where they didnt really need reinforcement. Having said that I really think they will bring in 1 big name as the pressure seems to be mounting on the board to splash the cash, think they may give in and pay the fee for Sancho.

42 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

Thiago to Liverpool seems like is done with Liverpool agreeing the 30m fee

Must be frustrating for the United fans this window they've gone after Gabriel, Bale, Thiago, Sancho, Ake, Reguilon & Grealish and only managed to bring in Van de Beek, an area of the pitch where they didnt really need reinforcement. Having said that I really think they will bring in 1 big name as the pressure seems to be mounting on the board to splash the cash, think they may give in and pay the fee for Sancho.

Saw that too. He'll be a terrific signing for Liverpool and I really can't see anyone stopping them for the title now. Before Thiago i could as i didn't think they would be as good as last season but now they just might afterall.

Shame.

13 minutes ago, enigma said:

Surprised nobody else, not even Barcelona were in for Thiago. Messi said to Barcelona they have no direction and signings were important, yet they look to be targeting the likes of Wijaldum instead. 

They probably went in for him but don't forget he came from there and I would probably rather play for Liverpool than Barca atm. Barca are a mess.

18 hours ago, JM7 said:

I don’t think he is he was IMO misapplied by Pochettino. Yes he played him regularly but at 18-23 is when he is meant to be developing his fundamentals which are lacking now, instead he was played further upfield as a 2nd striker where he needed to be more instinctive.

You take away the goals which have now dried up, all you have is an average player with the stupid flicks.

50 minutes ago, rtwelch said:

They probably went in for him but don't forget he came from there and I would probably rather play for Liverpool than Barca atm. Barca are a mess.

Isn’t it Koeman pushing for Winjaldum & Depay? The board wanted Thiago but he has gone for the former, and with Pjanic already in the squad it won’t have made much sense. Like you said they are a mess.