ozboy

20/21 League Position?

Vote for your guess at league position  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Chelsea finish this season

17 minutes ago, SFL82 said:

So Henderson over Havertz, firminho over Werner? 

He is their captain and was selected as player of the season. Firminho is a seasoned Prem player. Firminho - Werner is close one have to agree. 

The only problem I see with Liverpool is their secondary centerback, Fabinho and lack of squad depth. Otherwise they are a brilliant side. 

30 minutes ago, evissy said:

He is their captain and was selected as player of the season. Firminho is a seasoned Prem player. Firminho - Werner is close one have to agree. 

The only problem I see with Liverpool is their secondary centerback, Fabinho and lack of squad depth. Otherwise they are a brilliant side. 

Clearly they are good, but it’s more the system and manager than having a team of superstars, take that team before they won the CL on paper nothing special at all, man to man mani and Salah before Liverpool decent players but far from ever considered world class, Firminho completely unheard of,  Robertson a championship fullback previously of Dundee Utd, Trent a youth player, Henderson the most average all rounder in the country who would be bang average at best in a different team...

Point is klopp took players that were not even in anyoneA conversation, not rated at all, in other teams would go unnoticed and turned them into world beaters, now we are calling the players world class. 

Fact is take those players out and put them in different teams you would see how average they are, but it solidifies the point it’s not just about spending it’s about the manager and the system and getting a balanced team, and Liverpool have all that, brilliant individuals, no VVD and Alison are their only world class players 

22 hours ago, SFL82 said:

Clearly they are good, but it’s more the system and manager than having a team of superstars, take that team before they won the CL on paper nothing special at all, man to man mani and Salah before Liverpool decent players but far from ever considered world class, Firminho completely unheard of,  Robertson a championship fullback previously of Dundee Utd, Trent a youth player, Henderson the most average all rounder in the country who would be bang average at best in a different team...

Point is klopp took players that were not even in anyoneA conversation, not rated at all, in other teams would go unnoticed and turned them into world beaters, now we are calling the players world class. 

Fact is take those players out and put them in different teams you would see how average they are, but it solidifies the point it’s not just about spending it’s about the manager and the system and getting a balanced team, and Liverpool have all that, brilliant individuals, no VVD and Alison are their only world class players 

Good team makes good players. Fitting players for fitting system makes everyone look good or vice versa. Mane and Salah are world class as is probably Alexander-Arnold in my book. I agree Klopp has really made them a team. 

23 hours ago, SFL82 said:

So Henderson over Havertz, firminho over Werner? 

Personally I'd see Werner as more of an analogue for Salah/Mané and wouldn't currently choose him over either. (Nor did Klopp for what it's worth). 

Obviously in terms of future potential (or long-term squad value) you'd pick a 21-year-old with world class prospects over an injury-prone 30-year-old Englishman who has been playing regular top-flight football for 11 years. In terms of fitting into a gameplan or immediate ability... not necessarily. 

1 hour ago, PloKoon13 said:

Personally I'd see Werner as more of an analogue for Salah/Mané and wouldn't currently choose him over either. (Nor did Klopp for what it's worth). 

Obviously in terms of future potential (or long-term squad value) you'd pick a 21-year-old with world class prospects over an injury-prone 30-year-old Englishman who has been playing regular top-flight football for 11 years. In terms of fitting into a gameplan or immediate ability... not necessarily. 

I think even last year every time we met Liverpool we kept pace or outplayed them. 

I honestly see them diminishing this term and I think by the end of the season we will be regarded as a better team. 

lots of variables of course but on paper I think we have a better squad apart from our defence. 

1 hour ago, evissy said:

Good team makes good players. Fitting players for fitting system makes everyone look good or vice versa. Mane and Salah are world class as is probably Alexander-Arnold in my book. I agree Klopp has really made them a team. 

Go back on this forum and look what people were saying about salah when Liverpool bought him, I personally always rated him, he did well everywhere expect with us, right now they look worldclass and I almost agree putting TAA in that bracket but if they Are world class they have only become so in the last 2 years.

Question I’d say Real Madrid bought them would they be the same, hazard hasn’t looked much for them at all, I believe some players performances contrast so much depending on their team, but for me a true World class player looks so in any team, you put Ronaldo in Stoke he will still shine.