20/21 League Position?

ozboy

Vote for your guess at league position  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Chelsea finish this season

14 minutes ago, Jangz said:

Seeing spurs choke today .. didnt really make me feel better about our result.. but just shows how weird this year is.. some really strange results.. cant wait for 2020 to be over.. 

Cheered me up no end - I was thinking that seeing that lot going from 3-0 to 3-3 , equaliser scored 15 seconds before the end of added time , was soooooo enjoyable😂😂

Lept off the sofa when the 3-3 goal went in, what a beauty

On 17/10/2020 at 13:43, Brutos said:

I think it will be a battle for top 4 for several teams probably 7 or 8

I agree 100%  i dont think its talked about how fortunate we were last year in that so many teams faded at the end...its gonna be a real fight for top 4 this year.  

12 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

I don't see any reason why we can't win the PL title this season ... if Mendy had been in goal against WBA and Southampton we'd probably be top right now, despite still feeling our way as to best formation and players. When it all really clicks, we may be pleasantly surprised at how well we play !

I hope you're right, but I think some of us are going overboard with the recent string of clean sheets. While it is encouraging, we should still keep our expectations grounded. With a good defense we should be able to beat the sh*t teams but so far we still looked meh against Man U and Sevilla in an attacking sense.  If the attack doesn't improve in such games we can forget about the league. Maybe the attack will improve with time as you say. 

Liverpool are still the favorites in my book. Yes, they got beat 7-2 but they are very resilient and know how to dig out a result.  I still expect a tough fight for Top 4 but then I'm a negative nancy so maybe I'm being overly pessimistic. 

The sky is the limit with this squad. 

It’s all down to Frank and it looks like he has learned from an awful lot of mistakes. Defending has improved and we are finally playing two ‘8’s’ in midfielder and lo and behold we are scoring more. 

I hope he doesn’t retreat to the ‘park the bus’ inferior mentality we showed against Liverpool. We should have attacked their dodgy defence from kick off and we absolutely planked ourselves in our box. I am positive we would have won that game and also Man Utd. 

Moving forward, I’d like the current ambition to transfer to big games too. 

• 3 weeks later...

No matter where we end up this season looks to be a very close battle between 5-6 teams at the top. It is really hard to count us out from the title battle. Our squad is pretty great compared to any squad in the league. The problem is our lads have not played that long together and Frank is so inexperienced.

• 2 weeks later...

12 hours ago, BlueKid145 said:

We have a fantastic chance to win the title this season. Liverpool has too many injuries while Tottenham is too dependable on Kane and Son.

I suppose you could say we are too dependable on Mendy and Silva.

Don’t get me wrong though I think we should be a lot closer this year. Even though our squad is better than majority of top 6, I still think it’s too early. Next year with a few more acquisitions we’ll be right up there.

I still reckon top 4 is more realistic target in the league, hopefully much closer to the eventual winners. If the new attacking players really settle in and show their full potential, that might change. However that seems unlikely in the short term.

45 minutes away from being 9 points behind the top. It is already an uphill struggle from here to the end. f**king hell these two losses really dented our season. 

Anyway I am not too negative about the prospects of this season. For me a good season is more points, more goals, less conceded and a CL spot. That and integrating 5 new players to the side. 

• coco unpinned this topic
  • coco locked this topic