Edouard Mendy to Chelsea!

2 hours ago, Droopy said:

The real question is now one of the following: 1) how badly is he injured? 2) how long will the quarantine last? 3) how long has his vacation been which leads to how long till he starts training? 

Because this is on paper one of the best windows we've ever had but on the price of watching half a season the same old bums in the team until the new guys start playing. 

Why do you say he is injured? Source?

Martinez CS and pen save today for Villa.. 

He was the safe choice for us at cheaper price and would have started vs pools and more than likely earned a point for us!!

But glad that this looks like done..Willy to keep till Mendy arrives please...

21 minutes ago, acidicleo said:

He was the safe choice for us at cheaper price and would have started vs pools and more than likely earned a point for us!!

How would he have earned a point for us? 

31 minutes ago, acidicleo said:

A decent keeper but there is no way Arsenal would have sold him to a rival, especially at that price. On the other hand we seem to have no problem sending players to Arsenal.

9 hours ago, forbzy said:

A decent keeper but there is no way Arsenal would have sold him to a rival, especially at that price. On the other hand we seem to have no problem sending players to Arsenal.

We sold luiz for 8 m to them..didnt we?

I wonder what the pecking order now is with Mendy arriving.  I think most of us want him in and immediately first choice, but most of the folk also think WIlly is ahead of Kepa.  So does that mean some are seeing the pecking order as: Medy, Willy, Kepa?

Personally, I can't see one of either Kepa or Caballero staying around, and with the contract we handed Kepa, I'd imagine he stays around and Willy leaves.

I am not pretending I'm a regular viewer of Ligue Un, but if Mendy can command his area and actually make some saves from long range, I think that gives us a better defence overall.  Thiago and Zouma ahead of Mendy is surely a far better fit for our team overall?

12 minutes ago, bluedave said:

If he's coming from France then presumably he won't be able to play for two weeks while he quarantines?

Lampard said he’ll be taking a test, and if it proves negative he’ll be in contention for West Brom.

Really that means he’ll be straight into the starting line up.

9 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Lampard said he’ll be taking a test, and if it proves negative he’ll be in contention for West Brom.

Really that means he’ll be straight into the starting line up.

I didn't realise that was an option, I guess Premier League footballers take priority in the UK. I'm not sure how I feel about that, tbh.

• Mod Stark changed the title to Edouard Mendy to Chelsea!