Edouard Mendy to Chelsea!

With his height and command of the box, should take quite a bit of pressure of the central defenders. His kicking may not be great, so just launch it long until he gets that part figured out, hell we could have helped with a decent long punt the other night. I'm happy with this, signing a Oblak was never realistic.

6 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

With his height and command of the box, should take quite a bit of pressure of the central defenders. His kicking may not be great, so just launch it long until he gets that part figured out, hell we could have helped with a decent long punt the other night. I'm happy with this, signing a Oblak was never realistic.

There is this big talk about his kicking but that last stats I saw said Kepa had a 79% accuracy and Mendy 70% not exactly the worst in the world (these are approximate from my memory) flip that to Mendy saves 70+% of shots at him and Kepa only 50+% I would take a drop of 9% kicking to add 20% saves

3 hours ago, Bonzodog29 said:

There is this big talk about his kicking but that last stats I saw said Kepa had a 79% accuracy and Mendy 70% not exactly the worst in the world (these are approximate from my memory) flip that to Mendy saves 70+% of shots at him and Kepa only 50+% I would take a drop of 9% kicking to add 20% saves

I think Kepa has a superior passing accuracy to Mendy because he goes short whereas Mendy is more likely to go with longer balls. I think it was Matt Law who stated that one reason why Chelsea were looking at Mendy was due to his long ball ability which is an area where Kepa was highly inaccurate.

2 hours ago, MayosNoun! said:

This thread just reminded me that we made profit on Papy Djilobodji. 

Mental. 

We once had a mentalist on here who was certain he was one of the best defenders in the league, said we would regret selling him as he would go on to be world class.... f**kwit. 

18 minutes ago, PhilH930 said:

What a legend Pete is. It’s amazing how small Kepa looks, yet Cech is twice as tall as the goal. 

Not even Mendy can stand straight next to the huge presence of Cech, automatic bending occurred...

1 hour ago, PhilH930 said:

What a legend Pete is. It’s amazing how small Kepa looks, yet Cech is twice as tall as the goal. 

He is nearly 10cm taller than Kepa. And has longer arms from the look. Kepas height has always been the biggest challenge for him. 

3 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

He is nearly 10cm taller than Kepa. And has longer arms from the look. Kepas height has always been the biggest challenge for him. 

Kepa's goalkeeping has been his biggest challenge. Even tho he is terrible at the crossings and set pieces his inability to save shots is what damages him the most. Plenty of goals he was right there, could have saved, but for some reason he conceded. 

Let's face the reality Kepa has more than one or two particular problems. Which is the biggest one? - this is debatable. But also is pointless. He is just terrible keeper.  

Edited by Droopy
2 hours ago, Droopy said:

Kepa's goalkeeping has been his biggest challenge. Even tho he is terrible at the crossings and set pieces his inability to save shots is what damages him the most. Plenty of goals he was right there, could have saved, but for some reason he conceded. 

Let's face the reality Kepa has more than one or two particular problems. Which is the biggest one? - this is debatable. But also is pointless. He is just terrible keeper.  

Well I might claim that the poor shot stopping comes from the swinging of the arms which is an attempt to compensate for his lack of reach/height but I agree he is pretty terrible all round so I won't argue too much.

8 hours ago, PhilH930 said:

The fact that our Technical Director had to go down onto the field to coach our new signing highlights how poor Kepa has been.

18 minutes ago, Deino said:

The fact that our Technical Director had to go down onto the field to coach our new signing highlights how poor Kepa has been.

Grow up, this is the Mendy thread. If you want to bring shame to the term Chelsea supporter by constantly insulting a Chelsea player please keep in the Kepa thread, so the rest of us can avoid it.