Edouard Mendy to Chelsea!

Sexyfootball

1 hour ago, Argo said:

Cech was the cup keeper in both those examples. Courtois was our number one at that point and Leno was Arsenal's.

I didn't check thoroughly but Tibo was playing the semi's against Liverpool. In the interest of moving Kepa on you can see it both ways, piss him off so he wants to leave or play him in a major final an win so it raises his value, either way is fine for that but in the interest of winning th cup we should play Mendy every time.

On 09/05/2021 at 11:21, sonic90 said:

I didn't check thoroughly but Tibo was playing the semi's against Liverpool. In the interest of moving Kepa on you can see it both ways, piss him off so he wants to leave or play him in a major final an win so it raises his value, either way is fine for that but in the interest of winning th cup we should play Mendy every time.

100% agree with the part in bold. I don't give a single sh*t about Kepa's feelings. It's the FA Cup Final, you play your best keeper, not your [questionably] second-best keeper in the interests of 'market value' or whatever... Note that Caballero started last season's final.

1 hour ago, PloKoon13 said:

100% agree with the part in bold. I don't give a single sh*t about Kepa's feelings. It's the FA Cup Final, you play your best keeper, not your [questionably] second-best keeper in the interests of 'market value' or whatever... Note that Caballero started last season's final.

Agreed. It is a combination of sheer arrogance and stupidity to play Kepa against a side good at set pieces and crosses.

15 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Agreed. It is a combination of sheer arrogance and stupidity to play Kepa against a side good at set pieces and crosses.

According to WhoScored Leicester are seventeenth in the league for accurate crosses and fourteenth for set piece goals this season. But the point still stands!

26 minutes ago, PloKoon13 said:

According to WhoScored Leicester are seventeenth in the league for accurate crosses and fourteenth for set piece goals this season. But the point still stands!

Good grief, really? How can that be with the likes of Tielemanns and Maddison and Barnes delivering to KI, Vardy, Evans et al...

46 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Good grief, really? How can that be with the likes of Tielemanns and Maddison and Barnes delivering to KI, Vardy, Evans et al...

Well I'm a few whiskies deep and also have no idea what I'm talking about but I can conclusively say that it's because Robert Huth retired. I would argue that Marc Albrighton is their best crosser of the ball though.

Interestingly (or, more realistically, not) Leicester have scored 7 headed goals this season in the league versus our 8. Leicester's are spread between Evans (2), and Söyüncü, Amartey, Vardy, Iheanacho and Castagne with 1 each. Half of ours were scored by Zouma, while the others were scored by Silva (2), Giroud and Werner.

At it happens only 1 of our 8 headed goals in the league have come under Tuchel - Zouma's against Crystal Palace (our third on the day).

1 hour ago, PloKoon13 said:

Well I'm a few whiskies deep and also have no idea what I'm talking about but I can conclusively say that it's because Robert Huth retired. I would argue that Marc Albrighton is their best crosser of the ball though.

Interestingly (or, more realistically, not) Leicester have scored 7 headed goals this season in the league versus our 8. Leicester's are spread between Evans (2), and Söyüncü, Amartey, Vardy, Iheanacho and Castagne with 1 each. Half of ours were scored by Zouma, while the others were scored by Silva (2), Giroud and Werner.

At it happens only 1 of our 8 headed goals in the league have come under Tuchel - Zouma's against Crystal Palace (our third on the day).

Hmm interesting share mate 🙂

I don’t think they score many from set pieces, but last time they played at the Bridge they were in pink and in a corner we sang Madison “who’s the idiot wearing pink!” ( we were in the Shed end lower at the corner side, row 4 or 5) and he only went on to kick the corner for a Leicester goal. He turned and gave us a naughty smile, the bastard. So if anything, do not annoy Madison in the corners!

This guy has to be the signing of the season. Commands his area and a good shot stopper and has seriously improved his distribution.

no chance with the goal last night. 
Could be number 1 for a number of years to come .

13 minutes ago, turnyitb said:

no chance with the goal last night. 

Not sure about that. But what I do know is that if it had been Kepa, people would have criticised him for it.

5 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Not sure about that. But what I do know is that if it had been Kepa, people would have criticised him for it.

I don't know why this is considered such a taboo, ofcourse Edou gets more leeway when he lets in one he should have better with for the clear reason it doesn't happen any where near as often. The same reason Cech never had his mistakes held against him while Turnbull got no ends of critisism when he ballsed up (nearly every time he played).

34 minutes ago, Zeta said:

I was thinking the other day how typical it would be if he got injured and Kepa had to play the final.

Let's hope it wasn't too bad.

Kepa's shots to goals ratio against Arsenal, Leicester and Villa must be impressive.

As long as he hasn't cracked a rib, just get it strapped up and get him out there to face City next Saturday as a strapped up Mendy is a way better option than short-arms Kepa.