Edouard Mendy to Chelsea!

Problem is, we are going to be held over a barrel again and it’s not just for the fact clubs will know we are desperate but that we have invested 200 million that will be seriously diminished in end results without this key piece. 

In retrospect great business but a keeper should have been secured first leaving it last was asking for this. 

Its done so where is the bloke ? Villa got the gooner's back up keeper who played vs us in FA Cup final 'Martinez' for 17 mill quid yesterday, in his brief cameo in project restart he looked miles better than the twit we have in goal, you have to ask yourself why the most important piece of the puzzle has been left until last, I know SFL has to publicly back the fool but for us lot its frustrating, knowing that we have signed top outfield players yet facing the champions with no good keeper options, I said it before & I'll say it again typical Chelsea under RA (not bemoaning Roman so chill) do so many good things for the team then F it up with action or inaction (like appointing uncle fester as manager all those seasons ago). 

17 minutes ago, SFL82 said:

So who starts for Liverpool? I’d put willy in but it would be harsh of frank so I don’t think he will. 

I'd stick with Kepa. 

I don't think (potentially) playing three keepers in the first three games does us much good and Willy doesn't exactly command the box either. 

On 15/09/2020 at 09:20, bisright1 said:

Torres would probably be at a similar level to Tammy if he was here now. I'd probably prefer Torres as our 2nd rate striker to Tammy. 

Kepa is the worst signing in the history of the premier league by any club. No club has been as ripped off as we have been for any transfer. We paid £70m for Massimo Taibi. 

I dunno, Ozil to Arsenal is pretty much up there along with Sanchez to Utd and how they both managed to fleece the clubs to part with hundreds of thousands every week. 

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I'd stick with Kepa. 

I don't think (potentially) playing three keepers in the first three games does us much good and Willy doesn't exactly command the box either. 

True enough but I trust him more than kepa he is at least confident in himself and can save a pen which refs adore awarding Liverpool, as I said don’t think frank will do that and there are sound arguments why he wouldn’t one of which you mentioned..but for me the defence look more comfortable with willy behind them 

I would stick with Kepa personally, Frank backing him will do him the world of good and I think he done well against Brighton. I don't think he could too much about their goal on Monday, but anything he lets in he will be criticised for currently.

24 minutes ago, Malcolm9 said:

I would stick with Kepa personally, Frank backing him will do him the world of good and I think he done well against Brighton. I don't think he could too much about their goal on Monday, but anything he lets in he will be criticised for currently.

Well letting that shot in will get a league 1 keeper criticised, you are insane if you actually think he couldn't do too much about it. He also flapped at another corner. 

I don't really know what he did right in the game. 

Edited by bisright1
16 hours ago, General said:

Its done so where is the bloke ? Villa got the gooner's back up keeper who played vs us in FA Cup final 'Martinez' for 17 mill quid yesterday, in his brief cameo in project restart he looked miles better than the twit we have in goal, you have to ask yourself why the most important piece of the puzzle has been left until last, I know SFL has to publicly back the fool but for us lot its frustrating, knowing that we have signed top outfield players yet facing the champions with no good keeper options, I said it before & I'll say it again typical Chelsea under RA (not bemoaning Roman so chill) do so many good things for the team then F it up with action or inaction (like appointing uncle fester as manager all those seasons ago). 

As a side note I always thought that Avram was appointed to create space between the next "proper" manager and Jose, given the way he was adored by us at the time and the nature of his departure, we could have got the next best manager in the world and he would have taken stick because he wasnt JM... AG was a just about good enough option, and willing to be the stopgap 

40 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Well letting that shot in will get a league 1 keeper criticised, you are insane if you actually think he couldn't do too much about it. He also flapped at another corner. 

I don't really know what he did right in the game. 

I don’t see the harsh criticism if it wasn’t him everyone would have just said good strike, it was low right in the corner and he had bodies in front of him, he could have got it, went under his arm a bit, but to give him heavy criticism for it is a bit much in my view 

16 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I'd stick with Kepa. 

Start against pools could reduce his market value further (from whatever low figure that was)..

I think it's safe to start willy..

3 hours ago, Malcolm9 said:

Sorry but he was shocking for their goal on Monday and he knew it as well by hanging his head immediately. Everything wrong, starting position, step the wrong way, weak push off, flopped on the ball instead of pounced, and then despite having it let it go under his arm.  Howler

25 minutes ago, acidicleo said:

Start against pools could reduce his market value further (from whatever low figure that was)..

I think it's safe to start willy..

We're not selling Kepa this season so his market value is irrelivant. 

Caballero's save ratio is pretty similar to Kepa's and he doesn't necessarily command his area any better than Kepa. 

Caballero's distribution is a massive downgrade on Kepa's so truthfully I see little reason in changing keepers after just one game. 

Kepa probably should have done better for the goal against Brighton but personally I thought it was a mcuh better performance that a significant portion of last season. Short of a complete disaster class I'd stick with Kepa until Mendy is signed. 

• Mod Stark changed the title to Edouard Mendy to Chelsea!