Welcome To Chelsea Thiago Silva *Official*

Argo

He wasted his talent at PSG.. remember when they beat us with 10 men he was immense that night too. Should have gone to RM - one of the best defenders of this generation.  if we look at players in his age group just after Terry/Rio/Puyol/Cannavaro/ etc..  i think the ones that stand out in no particular order would be 

• Ramos
  • Kompany
  • Chiellini
  • Bonnuci
  • Pique
  • Thiago

I think from this list i would prefer Thiago over all i think. Played and shone in 3 leagues. Amazing ball playing skills /reading of the situation etc.

The confidence he gives everyone around him is incredible. By no means slow but his positional awareness means he should, in theory, play for a couple more years if he chooses. Would love to see him stay in a coaching role after retirement too if it's something he's interested in. 

On 19/09/2021 at 19:01, The Brit said:

What a signing, what a player. At this rate he should be given another contract for next season as well. PSG were idiots to let him go.

You gotta love PSG. They let us have Silva AND Tuchel. We have a lot to thank them for!

Always admired him as a player - even seasons ago when he was playing against us. Always looked calm and classy and a cut above.

Love watching him play in Chelsea blue. Proper footballer who sees things way ahead of anyone else. He is a great fit and it's an honour to have him.

3 hours ago, erskblue said:
Stanlio GIF - Stan Laurel Oliver Hardy Laurel And Hardy GIFs
The lads have just heard this news…😀

1 hour ago, bluehaze said:

That's like comparing Banksy to Rembrandt 😆

The funniest thing is the main point of his argument was their respective ages.

Can't wait to come across him again now they've signed a certain someone also in his mid 30's.

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Have heard It said he wants to stay on for next season if possible and then assess where he is at the end 2023.

His family are settled in London and he is said to be very happy at the club do as long as he can perform when called upon to a top level he is happy to stay. Retirement plan is said to remain finishing in Brazil.

On 18/10/2021 at 03:44, axman2526 said:

Have heard It said he wants to stay on for next season if possible and then assess where he is at the end 2023.

His family are settled in London and he is said to be very happy at the club do as long as he can perform when called upon to a top level he is happy to stay. Retirement plan is said to remain finishing in Brazil.

I think he’s got another season in him, if you didn’t know his age I don’t think you’d guess it watching him play. In the middle of a back three he’s immense.