Rate this transfer window out of 10

2 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

For me it is a solid 5/10 right now, because we are yet to sign a goalkeeper, and more importantly because none of the dead wood has been shipped out ... Frank is going to have a first team squad of 30+ at the rate we are going, especially with the unrealistically high prices allegedly being set for those we supposedly want to ship out ...

I might give it a 7 at this point.  Some needs in back being filled, exciting new attacking players brought in.  But to be really really good they need to get a new GK and they need to get some of these players transferred out.

Question is there a limit to the amount of players that can be sent out on loan?  

On 01/09/2020 at 13:58, Sexyfootball said:

For me it is a solid 5/10 right now, because we are yet to sign a goalkeeper, and more importantly because none of the dead wood has been shipped out ... Frank is going to have a first team squad of 30+ at the rate we are going, especially with the unrealistically high prices allegedly being set for those we supposedly want to ship out ...

5/10 seems harsh given how good the incoming transfers have been!

From an outgoing perspective it has been poor though, barely anyone has left and we desperately need to raise some more funds from deadwood.

34 minutes ago, driller97 said:

From an outgoing perspective it has been poor though, barely anyone has left and we desperately need to raise some more funds from deadwood.

Pretty much agree in- 9/10 10/10 with a keeper. Out-2/10

Edited by Kev56

So few clubs have money so it's borderline impossible to sell.

And if you did sell it would be for a massive loss and the club wouldn't want to do that.

Emerson, Zappacosta, Moses, Rahman, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Kenedy, Michy. Currently they are all part of the squad. We have a ton of deadwood we are currently unable to get rid of.

Edited by Sindre
1 hour ago, driller97 said:

More in the sense that we are only half way through the window ... still hopefully a lot of activity to come ... especially in sales ... and we desperately need a goalkeeper. I'd allocate 2 points just for that !

50 minutes ago, Sindre said:

So few clubs have money so it's borderline impossible to sell.

And if you did sell it would be for a massive loss and the club wouldn't want to do that.

Emerson, Zappacosta, Moses, Rahman, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Kenedy, Michy. Currently they are all part of the squad. We have a ton of deadwood we are currently unable to get rid of.

Almost all of whom are out of contract in 2022, so pretty much the last chance to get anything even remotely decent for them ... you could almost see the whole lot being a total write off ...

2 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

Almost all of whom are out of contract in 2022, so pretty much the last chance to get anything even remotely decent for them ... you could almost see the whole lot being a total write off ...

Yeah, £200 million investment and we struggle to get anything for even one of them. Some baffling decisions.
I for one am very happy we seem to be going in a very different direction now.

1 hour ago, Sindre said:

Yeah, £200 million investment and we struggle to get anything for even one of them. Some baffling decisions.
I for one am very happy we seem to be going in a very different direction now.

Maybe we should play them as a team in a couple of friendlies to put them in the shop window ...

Here's what we got for our £264.2M (transfer fees as per Transfermarkt)

image.png.457b1c1670468418abea3243ded772da.png

Let's hope the 2020 window signings turn out a bit better than this lot !

<EDIT: Moses actually doesn't deserve to be in this team ... we got our money's worth on him for sure >

Edited by Sexyfootball
8 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

Maybe we should play them as a team in a couple of friendlies to put them in the shop window ...

Here's what we got for our £264.2M (transfer fees as per Transfermarkt)

image.png.457b1c1670468418abea3243ded772da.png

Let's hope the 2020 window signings turn out a bit better than this lot !

<EDIT: Moses actually doesn't deserve to be in this team ... we got our money's worth on him for sure >

What an awful lineup LOL!

Saying that, I think Emerson for 20m wasn't the worst deal in the world as he had a spell where he was really good and he was quite cheap anyway.

Zappa might be worth it just for that goal he scored on his debut, what a beauty that was! (still not sure whether it was meant as a cross though)

Moses we definitely got our money's worth. Kenedy was cheap as well IIRC so not the worst in the world.

Bats scored some useful goals for us, but definitely not worth what he paid, and as for the rest well.... The less said the better.

38 minutes ago, driller97 said:

What an awful lineup LOL!

Saying that, I think Emerson for 20m wasn't the worst deal in the world as he had a spell where he was really good and he was quite cheap anyway.

Zappa might be worth it just for that goal he scored on his debut, what a beauty that was! (still not sure whether it was meant as a cross though)

Moses we definitely got our money's worth. Kenedy was cheap as well IIRC so not the worst in the world.

Bats scored some useful goals for us, but definitely not worth what he paid, and as for the rest well.... The less said the better.

So many of them also showed glimpses that they could be good players, Kenedy on loan at the barcodes looked like he was getting better, Zappa was a decent back up wingback, Bats occasionally looked like he knew where the goal was... etc etc etc  

20 minutes ago, Bonzodog29 said:

So many of them also showed glimpses that they could be good players, Kenedy on loan at the barcodes looked like he was getting better, Zappa was a decent back up wingback, Bats occasionally looked like he knew where the goal was... etc etc etc  

I wouldnt say so many... Piazon and Drinkwater were terrible from the get go and Rahman never did anything either.

30 minutes ago, driller97 said:

I wouldnt say so many... Piazon and Drinkwater were terrible from the get go and Rahman never did anything either.

As much as it pains me to say this but Drinkwater wasnt terrible from the get go, he had a few decent moments he wasnt however an upgrade on anyone we had to choose in there and as he stagnated and got injured he got worse, 

Piazon, (and bear in mind this is from a very hazy memory, but looked good enough when he first started a few games (had a couple of assists and a goal if I recall) then went off on loan and never really developed 

Baka is the one I was really disappointed with, a proper youtube hero looked great like a new Viera but was a shocker just not suited to the league. 

1 hour ago, driller97 said:

Piazon was in the youth team for a while 1st, looked decent, and did well at vitesse. Certaunly not terrible from the get go, and with all the loan fees we have had, he jas probably paid for himself. 

Rahman was a raw signing, but he never really got a chance here, and injury really stopped any chance of him making a career here. 

Drinkwater was a terrible signing, price, age, ability, and its not even one that needs the benefit of hindsight. Most fans said it was a poor signing at the time. Wish Oxlade-Chamberlain hadnt turned us down, it might have saved us from ourselves, and least we wouldve gotten a decent versatile player, witj potential and resale value. 

On 29/08/2020 at 12:33, chi blue said:

Yes incomings, if we get Havertz and get a new keeper (any keeper will be an upgrade) 10/10 outgoings our most saleable players Pedro and Willian went for free and the rest are still kicking around so out goings are 3/10 at present, but like all fans only really interested in incoming players! Mind you regarding out goings, still only just got over selling Pat Nevin to Everton in 1987!!!

I cried myself to sleep at nights for weeks after we sold wee Pat!

I wrote to him after the transfer thanking him and wishing him all the best. I got a handwritten response that I still have up in the loft somewhere. Still my favourite all-time CFC player.

Edited by Nibs
21 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

I've said this in the past, better off giving them away than paying millions in wasted wages.

ps. That's if anyone would still want them.

Updated rating:

Incomings: 9.5/10 - Only thing stopping me from giving it a solid 10/10 is because of the GK situation, but even with Kepa still in goal id give it an easy 9.5. Also don't think we need Rice anymore as I would rather give Ampadu a shot at the deeper role, and he can also play as a CB if he has to.

Outgoing: 2/10 - Been shocking tbh. How we still have so much deadwood on our hands is beyond me. Struggling to even get them sent out on loan, let alone permanently.

Overall: 9/10 - Incomings have been so good on paper that it makes up for the terrible outgoings.

7/10

the signings we have made are quality. No question.  My only concern is the biggest issues are clearly at the back and replacing Kepa. Chilwell is a good signing. But our spine is still lacking at the base. Keeper and cb (no offense to Silva but don’t know that he will be able to handle the schedule at 35). We need players of the jt/Cech quality then we have one of the best sides in the league.