Chelsea v Liverpool (PL) Sun 20th Sep 2020 16:30 GMT

2 minutes ago, abigsmurf said:

Liverpool tugged a player almost every attack, did uncalled two handed pushes in the back, thumped them in the back of a neck, ever given. So naturally the first thing he gives is a red to a Chelsea player.

I mean it was a red card. It's in the rules. Whether he missed other petty fouls, who knows. 

Very difficult viewing first 45. We created very little and look so uncomfortable trying to play the ball around at the back. Liverpool do it with ease.

Now down to 10 men and you have to fear for the outcome. Suppose we will sacrifice Havertz who has been rather anonymous (as has Mount) but at least Kante is playing like two players again - our best player by a country mile and some folk were happy to sell him!

Come On The 10 Men!!

2 minutes ago, Remodez said:

I can accept a foul like that to be honest. It was almost certainly going to be 1-0.

No it wasn't certain. It was a 50/50 between Kepa and Mane. Even if Mane get's the ball first, Christensen could still go around the pair of them and get a tackle in on Mane. There was nothing certain about it.

Edited by Scott Harris

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

No it wasn't certain. It was a 50/50 between Kepa and Mane. Even if Sane get's the ball first, Christensen could still go around the pair of them and get a tackle in on Mane. There was nothing certain about it.

It was not 50/50. Mane was getting there first, no doubt about it. 

2 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

With the way we’re playing? As soon as Liverpool score it’s game over. We have nothing going forward other than a long ball to try and get Werner in behind. Leeds threatened them more.

Guarantee you they put more than 2 past us now. 

It was suicide. Kepa would have got to the ball. The lad hasn't got a clue about his positional sence hence he rugby tackled mane to the ground. 

Christensen has always been a poor CB and proved it again today. 

Verner was physically exhausted

The first time in my life I see the heart of the attack being present to protect the left back !!!!

Mental fatigue does not let him focus in front of the goal, and we saw that because of his constant defensive support.

We will lose his physical efforts in the middle of the league!

4 minutes ago, MayosNoun! said:

We are two games into the season after a great summer of transfers and Frank’s diabolical tactics and personnel are costing us. 

I don’t know anyone who rates the Danish ringer except Lampard.  Get JT in as a coach. 

What planet you on mate? Why is there so many frank haters about... diabolical? Get a grip

Just now, EdinburghBlue said:

I actually think Christensen done the right thing. We’re never scoring against them playing like that. If he lets Mane scores I don’t think we have a chance of even a point. All we’re doing is putting long balls up to Werner hoping he gets in behind. It’s utter dross.

Nah. 

Having a player sent off is never the right thing especially when you don't know that the player is even going to get on the end of the ball. 

Utter madness