Chelsea v Liverpool (PL) Sun 20th Sep 2020 16:30 GMT

2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

The Thiago signing means that Klopp has spent more than £430m since he arrived to Liverpool.

Maybe still not as much as our club had been spending idk, but he is never seen as a manager that spends at all and he can point fingers to others because the media never points out that he also spent in order to win.

How dare you taint Klopp's legacy using facts

Don't you know he is the greatest Manager to grace the PL & built a team using Black magic and a virgins blood

Edited by Imran_CFC

7 hours ago, TheGreatestGame said:

Havertz practiced less than a week with the squad and Lampard played him out of position. He should be a #10. He is far superior to Mount shooting and passing. Werner had very few chances as there was not much policymaking from the midfielders. Havertz will solve that problem as well as providing a legitimate scoring threat as the #10 

No one is denying that but my point was that he should earn the position and not be handed to him on a plate. He will be better for it and currently there is no way he is better than Mount . He has a lot of upside and can definitely get better than mount but first he has to adapt to the premiership and his team mates. Its the same way Pulisic had a bad start and had to adapt but he ended the season our best player. The only difference was that Pulisic was protected by lampard and eased into the league

My predicted line up: 
Kepa
James Zouma Christensen Alonso
Kovacic Kante Mount
Hudson-Odoi Tammy Werner

Subs: Willy, Rudiger, Azpi, Jorginho, Barkley, Havertz, Giroud 

Gone with a midfield three, feel Lamps will trust Mount to start over Havertz due to fitness and settling in issues. 
As much as I'd prefer Azpi to start ahead of Alonso, got a feeling Marcos' natural attacking ability might be favoured. 
Don't think Pulisic will be in the squad, he's an absolute game changer but right now I don't think he'll be risked.

in the last 2 years we have been pretty good again liverpool, so i would go with 433, kova, kante Jorginho midfield, which has worked pretty well against them. 

Hopefully Pulisic is fit becsuse i think a front 3 puli, werner and havertz could cause them serious oroblems on tbe counter.

Id also start azpi at left back in this one.

For me Silva has to start and I think he should go 4-3-3 but he may play 3 at the back if we still have injuries or lack of fitness but assuming everyone who is on the brink is fit :

🤦🏻‍♂️
   Azpi     Silva     Zouma       Chilwell 

Kante    Kova 

Havertz

CHO              Werner         Pulasic 

On 17/09/2020 at 03:41, The Don Antonio said:

I think we should match them man for man and play the same formation. ( false 9 with inverted wingers)

Kepa

James          Christensen        Zouma        Alonso

Kante

Mount                     Kovacic

CHO                Havertz            Werner                    

I like that lineup. Big ask for havertz though.

4 minutes ago, ozboy said:

I like that lineup. Big ask for havertz though.

Its the position he played mostly last season for Leverkusen. He will drop deeper and link up with the midfielders while also sending through balls to Werner and Odoi in the space he vacates. I doubt Lampard will play it though but that is the formation i would like to see against liverpool with Werner and Odoi attacking their full backs because i believe that is where there weakness lies. We saw how Pulisic and Odoi changed the game when they came on in that 5-3 game last season 

Why would Lampard answer a question about Mount idolizing him?  An experienced coach wouldn’t have answered that question given that it has potential to divide a locker room. 

Lampard: "It's a strange feeling, but it's nice [to be idolised by Mount]. One of the beauties of me coming back and getting this job was because I knew the academy well. I love working with the young players here and it helps if Mason says those nice things about me, I like it.

15 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

How dare you taint Klopp's legacy using facts

Don't you know he is the greatest Manager to grace the PL & built a team that has done as well in the league as Blackburn using Black magic and a virgins blood

::MooNeY::

On 17/09/2020 at 04:14, TheGreatestGame said:

This. Havertz is a far superior passer and shooter compared to Mount. Havertz needs to be the #10. Otherwise why spend $72  million to waste his talent on the wings? 

I’m a big fan of Mason but he has no business playing as a number 10 unless we’re trying to see out a result. I couldn’t actually tell you what his best position is mind!

10 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

If Chiwell is not fit, could see us go back to 343. There's no way Alonso could handle Salah 1 on 1, with TA overlapping.

They can do that but if they leave Werner free on that left side he will punish them.

21 minutes ago, MANoWAR said:

https://www.liverpool.com/liverpool-fc-news/features/chelsea-specific-structural-flaw-jrgen-18950896

This is biased but it's really good - let's hope that how we played against Brighton was sort of makeshift than anything else 

Identifying Kepa as our Achilles heel is something my 12yo Grandson did about a year ago,

But this is more than just Kepa's inability to save, it's about his general play broken down and how we play outfield as well - and whether it's a systemic-sort of problem or not. 

5 minutes ago, coco said:

Identifying Kepa as our Achilles heel is something my 12yo Grandson did about a year ago,

On 16/09/2020 at 19:41, The Don Antonio said:

I think we should match them man for man and play the same formation. ( false 9 with inverted wingers)

Kepa

Kante

I had almost the same thought...I think this would be brilliant formation that can hurt them

On 16/09/2020 at 18:41, The Don Antonio said:

Kepa

Kante

Nailed the ideal lineup but near Zero chance one name on that lists starts though.

15 minutes ago, MANoWAR said:

But this is more than just Kepa's inability to save, it's about his general play broken down and how we play outfield as well - and whether it's a systemic-sort of problem or not. 

Cant save, cant distribute, cant command his 6yd box. We knew all this at least a year ago mate, its not rocket science. 

10 minutes ago, coco said:

Cant save, cant distribute, cant command his 6yd box. We knew all this at least a year ago mate, its not rocket science. 

yes, everybody knows, as the article even acknowledges.. what it's doing is with respect to the specifics of brighton and how our next game -Liverpool- might exploit that. There's not been a level of detailed analysis too often, and this is good for looking at specific factors so late into how we've been setting up with him, and whether, again it's a system based problem or just solely Kepa 

Conceding a long shot for example isn't just the keepers problem 

Edited by MANoWAR
2 minutes ago, coombsie said:

Anyone any idea whether Pulisic is fit? I would love to see him torment Liverpool, but he is also in my fantasy league squad and I need the points

Lampards presser is in 35 minutes. Should know more then.

Dont want to kick a man when he is down ,but since its CFC v lpool the League Champions Frank needs to slap Willy the slaphead in the nets as Chelsea will require every inch to playout to Get a result of point or points on Sunday .

playing Kepa will make it more difficult to take anythjng from the game ,but not impossible but why add to help lpool