Chelsea v Liverpool (PL) Sun 20th Sep 2020 16:30 GMT

2 hours ago, coco said:

Cant save, cant distribute, cant command his 6yd box. We knew all this at least a year ago mate, its not rocket science. 

You know this ,i know this ,lpool FC know this ,the chelsea back four or three know this ,Even the milkman and paperboy know this ,but Frank will still pick Kepa to start it seems due to kepas transfer price and mindset if not picked .> sorry if this upsets many but CUT the strings and safety net around kepa ,pick Willy and let kepa sort his diwnfalls out in the reserves or cup games . 

1 hour ago, Sindre said:

Chilwell, Pulisic, Ziyech, T.Silva all out for Liverpool.

So in short it is last seasons defence and goalkeeper, worst in the league bar Norwich in most aspects, against last seasons Champions. 

Does not sound the recipe for a happy birthday lol...

1 hour ago, TheGreatestGame said:

Some reporter needs to ask Lampard about the training methods, load management and training staff. Too many players are getting injured during practices.  

Ziyech got injured during a match, chilwell arrived injured, and Thiago Silva isnt injured. 

Only one that has picked up a knock in training is Pulisic, but he had a poor record at Dortmund aswell, so i dont think it is necessarily a reflection on our training methods.

The season barely started and we're already missing several key players. I didn't expect Silva or Chilwell to feature given their recent return to training, but injuries to Pulisic and Ziyech are very frustrating, really needed them for this. Is it me or were we much better in the past when it comes to keeping players fit? Is it a medical team, training methods or just pure bad luck?

Its a shame we this game usnt un a coulle if months time, but im still hopeful if we play 433. 

We can put out very similar teams to the ones that did well in 3 out the 4 games last year. 

Kepa

James Christiansen Zouma Azpi 

Kante Jorginho Kovacic 

Havertz Werner Mount

Maybe Giroud or Abraham, and Werner on the left. Or even give CHO a game over mount. 

Plenty of options still, and the team we have to choose from, is still as strong if not stringer than last season. 

Kepa

James Zouma Rudiger Azpilicueta

Kovacic

Havertz    Mount

CHO                      Werner

Giroud

Two 8's in Kai and Mount for press, Kovacic (POTY) behind for transition, Giroud anchor man drops deep and boom counter with Werner and CHO. Offensive lineup, if we score first we press if they score first we attack. All or nothing.

36 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Kepa

James Zouma Rudiger Azpilicueta

Kovacic

Havertz    Mount

CHO                      Werner

Giroud

Two 8's in Kai and Mount for press, Kovacic (POTY) behind for transition, Giroud anchor man drops deep and boom counter with Werner and CHO. Offensive lineup, if we score first we press if they score first we attack. All or nothing.

Kante will play unless injured. 

4 hours ago, TheGreatestGame said:

Some reporter needs to ask Lampard about the training methods, load management and training staff. Too many players are getting injured during practices.  

They are all new except Pulisic ....having said that we have had more injuries under frank than normally, I’ve thought about that myself 

So basically we have the same players available as were involved in the Brighton game, with the addition of Kova who returns from suspension. We certainly seem to have a track record in recent years of signing players with injuries. No doubt Thiago Alcantara will be available to play for Liverpool on Sunday despite only signing today.

Playing Kepa is a massive risk and unfortunately he will likely concede a soft goal or two. Unfortunately I don’t think Lamps has much option but to play him. You drop him and we’re stuck with a 39 year old goalkeeper for the rest of the season and an unhappy £70m goalkeeper on the bench. 

Not expecting us to get a result here and I don't think it would be an issue if we lost this.

I don't personally feel the team will fully get going until the end of October once all the new players have bedded in properly and our injured players have made their way back.

My only wish for this match is to not see Loftus-Cheek start.