Sign in to follow this  
coco

Chelsea v Liverpool (PL) Sun 20th Sep 2020 16:30 GMT

8 hours ago, TomCFC85 said:

Can't help but feel these injuries are occurring more often than they used to. Don't know whether it's the medical team or Frank's training but it seems we get an injury every two or three matches.

I was about to say the same, I can't remember having such an injury prone team under any other manager than we do now. It's injuries galore lately. 

I hope to be pleasantly shocked on Sunday. As we have the same goalkeeper and defence that let in 5 last time out against them and are missing the key attacker that helped us score 3 against them.

That all adds up to us being thrashed. I hope I am indeed pleasantly surprised.

Ziyech out is really frustrating, thought it was just a cautionary thing in the pre-season game 3-4 weeks ago, turned out to be a lengthy injury. It could be just dumb luck, but we haven't been handling injury well for the past 12 months, when was the last time we had the best 11 on the field?

Disappointed about Pulisic (not surprised the other 3 are unavailable).  Like many have voiced, the injuries are frustrating.  Would love a win Sunday but think this game comes too soon for Chelsea.  Fortunately I do not think it defines our season either.  A draw would be a fantastic result.

I think the team picks itself, but also feel we'll bee too defensive.

If 4-3-3
Kepa
James, Christensen, Zouma, Azpi
Kante Jorginho Kova
Kai Timo Mount

If 3-4-3
Kepa
Azpi Christensen Zounma
James Kante Kova Alonso
Kai Timo Mount

What I'd like to see 4-2-3-1
Kepa
Kante Kova
Cho Kai Mount
Timo

Edited by PhilH930

10 hours ago, big blue said:

Ziyech got injured during a match, chilwell arrived injured, and Thiago Silva isnt injured. 

Only one that has picked up a knock in training is Pulisic, but he had a poor record at Dortmund aswell, so i dont think it is necessarily a reflection on our training methods.

Id go further and say that Pulisic pulled up really badly in the cup final and was expected to miss the early season games. So I don't think any of the injuries are really down to training. However some training injuries are going to be inevitable.

43 minutes ago, PhilH930 said:

Disappointed about Pulisic (not surprised the other 3 are unavailable).  Like many have voiced, the injuries are frustrating.  Would love a win Sunday but think this game comes too soon for Chelsea.  Fortunately I do not think it defines our season either.  A draw would be a fantastic result.

If 4-3-3
Kepa
Kante Jorginho Kova
Kai Timo Mount

If 3-4-3
Kepa
Azpi Christensen Zounma
James Kante Kova Alonso
Kai Timo Mount

Kepa
Kante Kova
Cho Kai Mount
Timo

I like that  4 2 3 1, maybe even with Alonso.

Hoping for a win. Would be a big boost to the boys to grab a win with so many new faces. It will be a good learning experience either way. Can’t wait to have Ziyech back he’s a big piece. Ecstatic to see all these signing continue to mesh together.

8 hours ago, PhilH930 said:

If 4-3-3
Kepa
Kante Jorginho Kova
Kai Timo Mount

If 3-4-3
Kepa
Azpi Christensen Zounma
James Kante Kova Alonso
Kai Timo Mount

Kepa
Kante Kova
Cho Kai Mount
Timo

The 4231 is similar to what Bayern use. 

Out whole squad seems to have the perfect fit to use that formation. Actually, it doesn’t even seem a difficult decision and it would provide good defensive support for the backline with 4 attacking options when going forward. 

CHO is an important piece of the jigsaw as we need pace and he needs to become brave and direct and run at players. I’d rather he was on the left running at Trent who seems to fold when facing direct wingers.