Chelsea v Barnsley (LC) Wed 23rd Sep 2020 19:45 GMT

2 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Already had this argument with someone in his thread - if you look at the goals per minute - what you’ve just said is bollox. It was up there with the top strikers in the league. You’re entitled to your opinion even if the evidence doesn’t back it up.

That's fair enough, EB. In fairness, I hadn't seen the stats but it certainly felt like Abraham was inferior to Giroud. That's something I still believe regardless of the goals per minute numbers. Perhaps it was post-restart performances last season that influenced me.

Just now, SlantyTown said:

That's fair enough, EB. In fairness, I hadn't seen the stats but it certainly felt like Abraham was inferior to Giroud. That's something I still believe regardless of the goals per minute numbers. Perhaps it was post-restart performances last season that influenced me.

He certainly tailed off after the restart, I can’t argue with that. Giroud was also in good form at that point. They’re at completely different stages of their careers - Abraham is just starting out, Giroud is nearing the end - I would expect him to be the more rounded player of the two.

1 minute ago, SlantyTown said:

That wasn't a red. They had a defender on the line covering. Regardless, stupid tackle from their goalkeeper.

Eh I don't know, Tammy is getting to that all day long, but I know they don't judge it by that. Either way, keeper got lucky as f**k there.