Chelsea v Barnsley (LC) Wed 23rd Sep 2020 19:45 GMT

1 hour ago, driller97 said:

Where is the same energy for CHO then who's younger than Mount?

CHO makes a mistake and he's treated like a criminal, yet Mount apparently can have stinkers and its fine because he's a kid? The hypocrisy is insane

I don't see too many people on this forum slagging CHO at all,  but there are many here who are disappointed and concerned he isn't making the most of his limited opportunity

4 minutes ago, SydneyChelsea said:

I don't see too many people on this forum slagging CHO at all,  but there are many here who are disappointed and concerned he isn't making the most of his limited opportunity

All I see is CHO slander. The amount of posts I saw yesterday saying hes been sh*t and awful. Im just saying there are definite double standards when it comes to the way CHO and Mount are treated.

3 hours ago, driller97 said:

CHO makes a mistake and he's treated like a criminal, yet Mount apparently can have stinkers and its fine because he's a kid? The hypocrisy is insane

You can blame CHO's  advisers for that. Mason paid his dues and worked up the ranks. He went on loan to Vitesse and Derby to get game time and grow as a player . Odoi on the other hand put in a transfer request and got a big contract to tie him down (He earns waay more than Mount) . To make matters worse Chelsea let Willian go with the hope that Odoi could take his place and have less of an obstacle into the starting line up but Lampard says he isnt putting the shift in during training and he doesnt track back which is blatantly obvious when u watch matches. 

Eden Hazard could choose not to track back because of what he offered on offense but CHO is too young and isnt that good offensively to have that attitude. It would have been better for his career if he had gone on loan to develop his game but hindsight is 20/20. 

I hope he can make it at Chelsea because there is real talent in CHO but we all know that to make it in football and in life in general it takes more than talent to make it. You have to be willing to put in the work which no one can deny that Mount does

5 hours ago, driller97 said:

I stated - in CHO's thread mind you - that he was obviously pressing to make plays yesterday and was trying to do too much. He needs to let the game come to him a little more and not press as much. You are right, Callum is incredibly gifted; maybe our most naturally gifted youngster. He'll be fine tho, he is coming off of a major career ending type injury. A lot of people need to remember that, if you ask me. He just needs more time to get his footing under him. 

I have to say tho, Mount did not have a stinker yesterday. Should've had a goal, but when Mount isn't on his game he doesn't sulk, he works harder. It's an awesome trait, not everyone has that work ethic and drive. 

6 hours ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

I stated - in CHO's thread mind you - that he was obviously pressing to make plays yesterday and was trying to do too much. He needs to let the game come to him a little more and not press as much. You are right, Callum is incredibly gifted; maybe our most naturally gifted youngster. He'll be fine tho, he is coming off of a major career ending type injury. A lot of people need to remember that, if you ask me. He just needs more time to get his footing under him. 

I have to say tho, Mount did not have a stinker yesterday. Should've had a goal, but when Mount isn't on his game he doesn't sulk, he works harder. It's an awesome trait, not everyone has that work ethic and drive. 

I agree with the Mount comment yet not CHO.

It seems like he has a touch of Batshuyai-itis not reading the game. Yesterday on the Right I can't recall one successful 1 on 1 situation and in fact hardly any attempts to try, instead he was like an advanced right back just passing the ball back, he put one cross in only due to Mount passing the ball back invitingly for him to cross.  He crossed it well yet where were the others.

Another pass from Havertz was behind so he cut in, which was cool as momentum was lost and passed it keeping the ball alive.

He did run back and tackle yet was poor going forward on the right.

After switching with Emerson late on and about 5-0 up he looked more threatening.

I think he needs a loan, so he gets some regular minutes just don't he will get them at CFC once some of the other signings are fit again.