WBA v Chelsea (PL) Sat 26th Sep 2020 17:30 GMT

2 minutes ago, coco said:

So Alonso didnt misplace his header and give the ball away, and Silva wasnt responsible for his cock up ? .... lets blame Frank !

And Reece James didn’t close the boy down... or play the goalscorer onside by pushing out with the rest of the team on the corner. 

Just now, haviet1 said:

Of course they can.

Individual errors can be greatly controlled and mitigated with a very well organized and disciplined defensive unit, with clear roles and responsibilities for the defenders.

Frank and his staff have not been able to do that for well over a year.

It's always everybody's else fault but the manager wins it's Frank lose it's the players 

2 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Keep playing Christiansen, a guaranteed top 10 finish in the long run lol

f**king hell, I knew it wouldn’t take long before someone blamed the only defender who hasn’t made a massive mistake in the game 😂😂 the agenda against Christensen is embarrassing.

Edited by EdinburghBlue

Just now, MayosNoun! said:

I’m absolutely fuming with this. 

How many times does our manager have to watch this defence and decide enough is enough?

He's tried everything and still not got it right. The problems have been there since Sarri was here. I don't know the answer anymore, there is just something about this era of our defenders that just doesn't work. Attitude, ability, concentration issues, coaching, all of these things are serious issue with this group. If it isn't one defender cocking up, it's another. It's like you can count on one of them to make a mistake every game, and then you get days like today where all of them make a mistake. 

8 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

It's his players though, he sets them up and picks them. Can you honestly say you have seen any sort of progression on our defending and positional play under Frank the past 15 months? 

It's been getting worse 

Been saying for ages, we need a world class defensive coach, Jodie and Frank and even the new guy that just came on board are f**king clueless....most of our defenders for the last 2 seasons have been, or are internationals..you don't get to play international football for being pants; its the coaching and the tactics that are mostly wrong.  

Just now, EdinburghBlue said:

f**king hell, I knew it wouldn’t take long before someone played the only defender who hasn’t made a massive mistake in the game 😂😂 the agenda against Christensen is embarrassing.

Yep, I'm no fan of his, but he's the one defender that hasn't put a foot wrong today.

I'm just sick of our defensive problems. I have never seen it so bad in my time as a fan. We aren't even making the opposition work for their goals. If you look at the goals we have conceded in recent years, it could probably be argued that the majority of them came from our own mistakes.

Just now, CFCCAN said:

Been saying for ages, we need a world class defensive coach, Jodie and Frank and even the new guy that just came on board are f**king clueless....most of our defenders for the last 2 seasons have been, or are internationals..you don't get to play international football for being pants; its the coaching and the tactics that are mostly wrong.  

100%

I get Frank is a legend and we need to stick with him but we can't just sit and pretend there isn't a very serious issue here that is damaging the club. 

If Frank and his team can't fix the comical defending then they either need to find some new coaching staff or we all know how this is going to end.