WBA v Chelsea (PL) Sat 26th Sep 2020 17:30 GMT

3 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

I don’t understand why we keep playing this formation. Our best performances under Lampard have come while we’ve played 4-3-3. I don’t understand why we play with a pivot in the middle. None of the combinations we use are good enough to dominate.

I agree. For a guy feted for his intelligence and high IQ, Frank doesn't half make a lot of dumb decisions, and he also seems to have an inability to learn from mistakes ...

Maybe he needs to go to Specsavers, because he certainly seems unable to see the f**king obvious ...

Edited by Sexyfootball

Frank just needs to settle on his first 11 and formation already. If some of the players are not fit, then train them on set pieces and defending. 

We commit so many men forward and have them rotating like it's musical chairs, everyone is congesting the middle and no one is dragging any of the opposition out of position. 

1 minute ago, Remodez said:

I refuse to believe our defenders are this bad.

There is something very wrong with the setup and coaching they are receiving, 

Can't it be both? It wasn't any better under Sarri. The only difference is that Sarri ended up approaching games with a more defensive mindset.

1 minute ago, ForeverCarefree said:

James is starting to look a defensive liability and needs to be dropped for Dave. He was at fault for two of the goals. 

Need Chilwell fit as soon as possible because Alonso isnt up to it. 

Mendy is going to walk into the starting XI. 

Anyone saying we don't need Declan Rice. The performance from the two holding player today tells you exactly why we're in the market for a dedicated defensive midfielder. 

People keep bemoaning Lampard picking Mount. He's our best player out there today and the other 10 starters could learn a thing or two from him. 

While I agree with most of the players' assessments you'd have to wonder what happened to the coaching? I can take being beaten against Liverpool with a man down or get destroyed by Batern, because it's down to the quality of the opponent, but being humiliated by West Brom? At what point do we start wondering if Frank is up to the task? I'm just stunned. If there's no reaction in the second half, questions should be asked.

If we keep Lampard we’re going to be no different than Ole and United with their ups and downs because they’re both not experienced or tactically ready for the premier league of today. As someone said Chris Wilder showed how to do this a couple months ago when we got throttled 3-0 by Sheffield United.  My dream was to have lampard be the chelsea manager but he just doesn’t seem ready at this point. I mean he had one year total experience in the championship before he came home. 

This is a complete and utter embarassment. Lampard owns this. The problems have been there since last season. It's not the players, it's the management. Individual mistakes are to blame too, but mistakes are often bred by the gameplan. Silva shouldn't be caught out in the middle alone like that.

6 minutes ago, Zeta said:

It doesn't matter who is in goal, the defence as a whole is the problem. We allow so many chances on goal, its no wonder we concede so many. Nothing is changing, what the f**k are they being coached to do? 

And to make matters worse, we can't finish our own chances. It's so frustrating.