WBA v Chelsea (PL) Sat 26th Sep 2020 17:30 GMT

Good comeback but what the hell was that first half. We play so much better when we move the ball faster.

Should we just tell the players they have 5 minutes to win each match for them having the urgency to move the ball fast and shoot as soon as opportunity arises?

1 minute ago, carrickblue said:

we've all been able to see what's wrong with this side for a long time - how to fix it remains a mystery but maybe Silva, Mendy and Chilwell will help.

The problem is, Silva directly contributed to our problems today. He can't play like that in the Premier League, and he's done it twice now in two games. This isn't Ligue 1 where you can make those mistakes and not be punished for it.

I hope lamps learns from this.. i want to see a back 4 of Azpi, Zouma, AC, Reece.. untill chilwell is fit.. A midfield 3 of Kante and two no 8.. along with CHO and Werner and Tammy upfront... till Pulisic and Ziyech are fit... no more random rotation.. this has cost us 2 points this season..

So much better in second half and I'd have bitten your arm off for the 3-3 scoreline at half-time but still a point dropped.

Thank f**k for the academy boys. Our Germans signings struggled to get into the game today with Werner in particular struggling. 

We HAVE to stop conceding goals, especially to such average teams like WBA. Hope we learnt something today and perhaps turned a corner. Lots of selections decisions for Frank to ponder over in upcoming games.

1 minute ago, Slojo said:

You're a great dude cRyptic, but we can't let that paper over the cracks, that was a terrible performance today and getting a point is not something to be proud of here, we should've won this. 

I know, I am not saying otherwise. Performances have been disastrous and both the players and the manager need to have a hard look at themselves. 

My point was that Frank needs time, people asking for him to be fired is just ridiculous if I'm being honest.

Well after reading many views during this game and trying to take all this in i have to Ask the question  does this CAR crash of a performance start with Frank or is it with the players that let Frank down via basic skills 

Just now, Scott Harris said:

The problem is, Silva directly contributed to our problems today. He can't play like that in the Premier League, and he's done it twice now in two games. This isn't Ligue 1 where you can make those mistakes and not be punished for it.

agreed. I'm assuming (hoping) a pro of his experience can adapt. Time will tell,

Frank needs to do better selecting his team. Alonso is a liability as a LB but we’ve known that for 2+ years now (has frank figured that out yet??) I don’t know where Kante fits in this team at times. He doesn’t move the ball quick enough and is too eager to go backwards (That may be a little harsh and might just be my frustration showing). Maybe in a 4-2-3-1 next to Rice where he would have more freedom to roam and be a disruptive force? 

3-3 to West Brom is embarrassing. Onto the next... 

Just now, Jangz said:

I hope lamps learns from this.. i want to see a back 4 of Azpi, Zouma, AC, Reece.. untill chilwell is fit.. A midfield 3 of Kante and two no 8.. along with CHO and Werner and Tammy upfront... till Pulisic and Ziyech are fit... no more random rotation.. this has cost us 2 points this season..

Please, no Kante against teams that sit back. Either Kova or Barkley.

1 minute ago, ZouMan said:

3 – Chelsea have become the first Premier League team since West Ham in February 2011 to avoid defeat after trailing by 3+ goals at half-time, a game which was also against West Brom at the Hawthorns, and ended 3-3. Character.

Ummm. Maybe away team? Remember Palace coming back from 3-0 at home against Liverpool in 2014.

Was important not to lose. 

After today you've got Mendy, Chilwell and Pulisic to come into the team and hopefully Ziyech isn't to far behind. 

Silva got another start under his belt and Havertz now looks match fit. 

We got away with one today but there's plenty of reason to feel optimistic that these sorts of games should be few and far between going forwards. 

The new signings were never going to be an overnight fix and that's proving the case, especially with fitness problems thrown in. 

It's still early days so I'm not going to read too much into performances just yet.