Spurs v Chelsea (LC) Tues 29th Sep 19:45 GMT

Just now, SimonH said:

I need to sleep on it and not knee jerk, but we do have some significant issues. 

Not really knee jerk when our performances have been sh*t in general for over a year now. Lampard has his players and we still perform like this?

Yeah its time to start having a conversation about the manager

Tbh, we didn't deserve to win the way we played in the second half... absolutely no desire to kill the game. Even with the couple of good chances that we got, we were not clinical enough which has been the story of the season so far.

It hurts to lose to Spurs and Mourinho but we need to take it on our chin and move on.

2 minutes ago, Frawdulant said:

Are we allowed to question Mason’s place in our squad yet?

For missing a pen? What about his free kick that helped secure top 4 then his assist in that same game?  The fact he is our best pressing player and outs in a shift every game, scored a screamer at the weekend do yea question it if you aren’t very good at assessing football matches 

3 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

I feel your pessimism . It will be a different Chelsea once pulisic and ziyech come back. It will be like the injection we had once robben made his debut after injury. Keep the faith bro

Those players won't stop the circus we have at the back.

No matter what combination we use we concede ridiculous goals, it's getting to the point we can't keep blaming every single defender. 

First post and I make it with a heavy heart but I really think a change of manager is needed. Frank is a Chelsea legend and he deserves a warm welcome at the Bridge every time but I don’t think he’s ready for a job of this magnitude - we have no plan of attack and our defence is abysmal. Defensively, these are basically the same players as Sarri had and we only conceded 39 goals in the league that season. Looking at the players we fielded at The Hawthorns and tonight only to see a point and a cup exit in return when considering the opposition? We’re in trouble.

Just now, reparto corse said:

He has been one of the best players so far and you question his place in the squad???

I just don’t see it mate. I see him constantly have poor touches and miss sitters. I think the blue tinted googles have it with him. If he played for arsenal we’d make fun of him.

Just now, Frankie8Lampard said:

We are only 5 games into the season, I think this is an overreaction considering we didn’t have preseason and a lot of players are just coming from injury. Frank deserves more time.

It doesn't matter if players are going to return from injury because they won't be able to do anything about the god awful defending we produce in every game we play. They are under pressure to take every chance they get because the defence just can't stop making errors. 

1 minute ago, Slojo said:

Oh because we don't have some of our best players missing aswell? 

Best players?! Who? Ziyech? He’s played one pre-season game for us, I’m not having he’s one of our best players. Pulisic I’ll give you - he definitely is one of our best players if not the best.
Spurs played without Kane or Son who make their team tick and provide the vast majority of their threat and goals.

Why do you get so upset when anyone criticises a performance of the team, a player or Frank? It’s like you’re their mum. Can you honesty, hand on heart say you think that was a good performance tonight? 

13 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Well we just conceded with Kante in the side, so hardly a massive improvement then is it? But anything to get your agenda across. 

No agenda. Don't think too many would argue that we looked much better after the changes were made and we should have put the game to bed. So yes, we concede but that was not down to Kante being on the pitch and Kovacic being off it (perhaps in your world it IS down to that?)

Look forward to the same mantra about lesson learned, wake up call, etc., etc.  Wonder how many more lessons are on the schedule.  We do not have a plan, we do not hold position, we do not press, we have no f**king idea how to pass or how, God forbid, to play combination football.  Here is the ball, just kick it about - that is our master plan. 

5 minutes ago, SFL82 said:

For missing a pen? What about his free kick that helped secure top 4 then his assist in that same game?  The fact he is our best pressing player and outs in a shift every game, scored a screamer at the weekend do yea question it if you aren’t very good at assessing football matches 

Not for missing a pen mate. He’s had a handful of fantastic moments but he’s been lackluster more often than not for me.

Edited by Frawdulant
Poor English

We don’t have much movement in the final 3rd.

Mason missed a chance to slip Werner in when two on one.

keeper looked ok apart from one flap

we really f**king need Pulisic and Ziyech back in the squad 

we need to stop taking the foot off the pedal if we go in front

wonder why Werner didn’t want a pen tho. Very odd. 

edit: spelling 

Edited by SimonH

expected outcome, we have an extremely mentally weak team.

Shameful performance and nothing to be hopeful in the future.

Personally I think Lampard will be gone before the end of the year, he is not the answer to take Chelsea forward I am afraid.

When you cannot address and correct problems as a manager, you have to pay the price. It's not on players it's the management team who is substandard at Chelsea at the moment.