Spurs v Chelsea (LC) Tues 29th Sep 19:45 GMT

Just now, Paddy said:

What is the point of a winger who won’t take on the full back ??? Hudson oh-dear only takes a pass and gives it back, usually in the opposite direction to the goal which we are attacking, he doesn’t have any belief or confidence to push it and go - a couple of times he was on the halfway line and he didn’t fancy taking on the full back and the amount of time he is just in no mans land ball watching - he makes so that when he plays we are a man down IMO

He simply can't do it on the right. It's no surprise that his best chance of the night was from the left. If we play him on the right, the only thing he is good for is crossing, but he can't take on his full back in that position to get a cross away often enough, so it's pointless having him play there.

4 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Hello. You must be new here. All my posts are stupid. Some c**t has to lighten the mood around here with all these miserable doom and gloom w**kers knocking about!

your cat is mesmerising though..almost a hypnotic trance .

Just now, TomCFC85 said:

So many reactionaries against a penalty shootout. 
Yes, it shouldn't have gone to it in the first place and we should've been more clinical but do you really think Frank's head will role after a season with champions' league football secured despite losing our best player and having a transfer ban?
Yes, I understand tactics need to improve at times but I honestly question the mentality of some fans calling for Frank to be sacked. 
Timo, Kai etc the list goes on, all signed because they believed in the Lampard project.
Get a grip. 

They signed because Chelsea is a huge club who play in a desirible league and pay very good wages. I don't think romantocising it takes away from those things. Players know managers these days have a very short shelf life. 

3 minutes ago, Slojo said:

We looked better for about 5 minutes. We were in control of the game for the first half and they couldn't get a sniff of the ball. 

I think the Kante sub was the right choice, but that doesn't mean Jorginho or Kovacic played poorly, they didn't. In the opening of the 2nd half they did though for sure. You're like the opposite of Gol15 when it comes to Jorginho, it's ridiculous. 

We'll have to agree to disagree. I'm not alone - look at the thread at half-time - many thought we were bad in that first half and it's only because Spurs were so bad and the game was so dull that we looked comfortable, but as soon as Spurs stepped it up, they caused us problems. For the record, I thought Jorginho was better than Kovacic and the right man came off! 

No way we should've lost that, we had the game right where we wanted it, but showed absolutely zero killer instinct. 1-0 up, dominating, and at one point in the second half it looked like Spurs had more or less given up and run out of ideas, but we didn't take advantage of that, instead we ended up looking just as lost. 

1 minute ago, Slojo said:

Ziyech is quality, Pulisic is our best player. That's two really good players missing, not to mention our most expensive signing in Havertz. 

Werner on the wing due to injuries, besides the midfield we didn't play out best XI at all, that's not Franks fault either. This narrative that Spurs had injuries so it's embarrassing isn't going to wash, we've had plenty of injuries coming into the season, besides Kane who did they really miss tonight? Keep in mind they got to bring Kane on later in the game. 

First half yes it was a good performance, controlled the game at their ground, not a GREAT performance of course. We were sloppy in the build up, 2nd half it all fell apart and they overrun us. 

I agree he does look quality but you can’t claim he’s one of our best players when he’s played one game for us. Havertz wasn’t missing though, he was on the bench if Frank wanted to use him, just the same as Kane was for Spurs. So you agree Frank got it wrong tonight if you think Havertz shouldn’t have been missing?

Son - I just told you, who is arguably just as important if not more important to that Spurs team as Kane. They played without a recognised striker for most of that game until Kane came on.

We controlled the game but what did we actually create in that first half? We didn’t have one clear cut chance other than our goal. So you agree with me that we were overrun in the second half, which is on Frank for not adjusting us to counter that.

I get it that some fans like Lampard because they are English and they are proud, but you have to realize Lampard is a championship manager at best. Have anybody seeing any improvement from Last season even though we bought few players? Lampard was a fantastic player, but we have to face facts. We are not going anywhere with him. Feel free to curse me out I don't mind.

2 minutes ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

I don’t disagree we have been defending poorly but I feel people should at least allow Tiago and Chilwell to be fully fit and starting before deciding if frank really can’t coach defensively.  I honestly feel them 2 will improve our defence and if I’m wrong I’ll admit it. I don’t agree with calling for frank’s head that some people are mentioning (not you).

I’m sorry but these are basically the same defenders - and midfielders - that Sarri marshalled to conceding just 39 league goals less than two  years ago. Suddenly we need new people in the line up? It’s the tactics which are the problem, not the players. Frank had this issue with Derby and he’s continuing it here; he’s not learning or changing. If he made mistakes but learned from them I would support him more and I’m really hoping in May we can look back and laugh at how we reacted to this evening as we finish top four and lift one or two trophies but I cannot see it at all.

Just now, Nibs said:

We'll have to agree to disagree. I'm not alone - look at the thread at half-time - many thought we were bad in that first half and it's only because Spurs were so bad and the game was so dull that we looked comfortable, but as soon as Spurs stepped it up, they caused us problems. For the record, I thought Jorginho was better than Kovacic and the right man came off! 

It wasn't really about Spurs stepping up, they've always had good pace. Our players got tired, we've had a tiny pre-season and it's to be expected. Numerous factors at play, but I agree Kovacic needed taking off, he looked exhausted and was playing poorly in the 2nd half. 

Jorginho however had a solid game besides that one incident where he let Bergwign or however you spell his name fly past him, but he's also a good player. I have no issues with the midfield in the first half, we had more chances in the 2nd because the game became wide open and Spurs were darting forward from the momentum they had in the 2nd. 

10 minutes ago, Stas1 said:

Look forward to the same mantra about lesson learned, wake up call, etc., etc.  Wonder how many more lessons are on the schedule.  We do not have a plan, we do not hold position, we do not press, we have no f**king idea how to pass or how, God forbid, to play combination football.  Here is the ball, just kick it about - that is our master plan. 

I hate to admit it but you are absolutely right. We can't pass in triangles to open up space or even just do one touch and two touch passing . We always dwell on the ball and then just pass around the defence. This team relies too heavily on individual brilliance and unfortunately we have Pulisic and Ziyech out