Spurs v Chelsea (LC) Tues 29th Sep 19:45 GMT

Iam type of pissed off with Frank for one reason and that been why on earth was kepa on the bench and not Willy > Willy as in the keeper who has a track record for both man city and chelsea of doing excellent when against penaltys > mendy was in his first game so did not have a scobby with the pens > sub mendy with Willy in the last few mins and CFC have a better chance of gojng winning the penaltys . Kepa was never going to play unless mendy got injury during the game .

why is Frank bending over backwards  to look after kepa ,fcuk kepa off to cobham and have Willy on the bench 

4 minutes ago, Pob said:

For me this is a weak excuse. As much as I hate to say it you only have to look at Arsenal and what Arteta has done with them, even though he’s had less time with a weaker squad coming off the back of worse results. Each player knows what they need to do, they have a plan, in general he’s made them more solid at the back and they can transition through midfield. Frank’s had a year and we haven’t moved forward at all - new players, same errors. Why is every player coming into our side and basically having the same issue?

Roman won’t wield the axe yet but a win against Palace is a must now. Nothing else will do.

Frank had a year of using players he inherited and while the same can be said about arteta , Arsenal at least got to spend last summer to improve their team. I think it’s not fair to say frank had a whole year when he was using a team he didn’t build.

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

He simply can't do it on the right. It's no surprise that his best chance of the night was from the left. If we play him on the right, the only thing he is good for is crossing, but he can't take on his full back in that position to get a cross away often enough, so it's pointless having him play there.

Sadly he didn't take anyone on on the left either. He clearly still has it in him as we saw previous game. Its early doors plenty of time to turn the corner. Second half they were just stronger on the ball than us. 

Will you shut the f*ck up about sacking Lampard? If we hadn’t messed up so many chances tonight, the late goal wouldn’t have mattered. Hudson Odoi should have done better with 2 of his chances, Werner could have scored another, Mount messed up that pass, etc etc. On a good day we would have won 4-1.

Sack Lampard my f*cking arse.

2 minutes ago, Slojo said:

We were in control of the game for the first half and they couldn't get a sniff of the ball. 

Little correction - they didn't want the ball that much. We did not present any real danger, we passed the ball across and back with some occasional hopeless long balls in general forward direction. In the second half they wanted the ball and they firmly got it. 

2 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

I agree he does look quality but you can’t claim he’s one of our best players when he’s played one game for us. Havertz wasn’t missing though, he was on the bench if Frank wanted to use him, just the same as Kane was for Spurs. So you agree Frank got it wrong tonight if you think Havertz shouldn’t have been missing?

Son - I just told you, who is arguably just as important if not more important to that Spurs team as Kane. They played without a recognised striker for most of that game until Kane came on.

We controlled the game but what did we actually create in that first half? We didn’t have one clear cut chance other than our goal. So you agree with me that we were overrun in the second half, which is on Frank for not adjusting us to counter that.

We were missing just as much if not more players than they were, that's my point. Havertz, Pulisic, Ziyech, Silva are 4 players we would really like in full shape and fitness to be playing right now, we haven't got that luxury. Neither have Spurs with Kane which is why he was on the bench like Havertz. 

You're acting is if we had our full strength team out playing againts their kids. 

Just now, Stas1 said:

Little correction - they didn't want the ball that much. We did not present any real danger, we passed the ball across and back with some occasional hopeless long balls in general forward direction. In the second half they wanted the ball and they firmly got it. 

So Spurs played well because they wanted to? Nice narrative you've got there. I guess it has absolutely nothing to do with the fickleness or kneejerk mentality... 

the moment they started pressing us we stopped playing and the gap between the mid and forward line was huge in the second half.. but Giroud playing up top with the lack of minutes he has had nothing was sticking .... Werner was poor in his link up play and gave the ball away a lot too.. from a defensive stand point.. Zouma and Emerson could have done better..  happens in a cup game.. hardly the doom and gloom so many see to be on here about.. slow start to the season but can happen especially when we are trying to integrate 6-7 new players.. anyone who thought that suddenly we will start smashing teams was delusional..

Sad for the fringe players - this is usually when they stake their claims.... anyhow on to the next one KTBFFH

Disappointing defeat, the game had to be ours. We're are too good, too kind, losers.

We had to defend like animals, we had to burn them on the pitch with aggression, speed, motivation. I won't lie I'm disappointed, I wanted us to win this game, and reach the final.

Anyways, our face towards Crystal Palace, let's hope for a better results.

7 minutes ago, Slojo said:

It wasn't really about Spurs stepping up, they've always had good pace. Our players got tired, we've had a tiny pre-season and it's to be expected. Numerous factors at play, but I agree Kovacic needed taking off, he looked exhausted and was playing poorly in the 2nd half. 

Jorginho however had a solid game besides that one incident where he let Bergwign or however you spell his name fly past him, but he's also a good player. I have no issues with the midfield in the first half, we had more chances in the 2nd because the game became wide open and Spurs were darting forward from the momentum they had in the 2nd. 

Yeah, we're probably both right somehow!

Suffice to say it's a night to forget. I'm off to bed and I make the resolution of not being so critical of Jorg and Kova from now on!

Edited by Nibs

1 minute ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

Frank had a year of using players he inherited and while the same can be said about arteta , Arsenal at least got to spend last summer to improve their team. I think it’s not fair to say frank had a whole year when he was using a team he didn’t build.

Arteta wasn’t at Arsenal last summer, it was Emery. He made no permanent signings in January whilst signing Mari and Soares on loan. He’s had less time than Frank but built an understanding and pattern of play nonetheless which is something we’re seriously lacking. 

3 minutes ago, smileysmiles said:

Sadly he didn't take anyone on on the left either. He clearly still has it in him as we saw previous game. Its early doors plenty of time to turn the corner. Second half they were just stronger on the ball than us. 

He doesn’t have the belief on the left or the right and, I’m sorry to say , it’s because he knows he doesn’t have the ability 

I’m sure this will go down as well as a fart in spacesuit with a portion of the fanbase but CHO, Mount and Tammy aren’t Chelsea standard. This game should’ve been done and dusted well before Spurs equalised. It’s comical that two simple passes, passes that boys teams would make, were cocked up so badly.

As for sacking Lamps, I’ll reserve judgement until we’ve seen our best starting XI play a number of games. Once Ziyech and Pulisic are back I think we’ll improve significantly even if we still leak goals.

Its only September, the Frank out brigade is just ridiculous. 

He does need to find his strongest 11 and fast, and they need to be drilled and organised in their roles.   We have seen he can be ruthless he needs to knuckle down and work with what he has got now 

The only other thing, I really don't feel we got that strong leader on the pitch. Dave's ok but not great I feel, not sure who the right man is, its almost as if we need a journey man, maybe British at the risk of sounding xenophobic  

Anyway, the nice to have cup, not losing sleep over this one