Spurs v Chelsea (LC) Tues 29th Sep 19:45 GMT

Sacking Frank would be a disaster, so let's stop the chat on that. Liverpool gave Klop time and look at them now. 

We're missing the quality to finish off teams yes, but improvements have been made. In the resilience for one after last weeks 3-3 so that's a positive, and who knows what happens in the Liv game if Christensen doesn't doesn't rugby tackle Mane. 

Let's give the players some time to gel and grow and I think when Frank final settles on a back 4 we'll be okay. Devils in the details. 

Just now, Pob said:

Arteta wasn’t at Arsenal last summer, it was Emery. He made no permanent signings in January whilst signing Mari and Soares on loan. He’s had less time than Frank but built an understanding and pattern of play nonetheless which is something we’re seriously lacking. 

This is a very good point and post. 

So far this season I've not seen any kind of balance to our play, it's very congested and disorganised. Our best display was against a championship side who cut us open at will. 

It just seems like we are hoping it will somehow all click at some point without any real method. 

Just now, HoustonChelsea said:

Sacking Frank would be a disaster, so let's stop the chat on that. Liverpool gave Klop time and look at them now. 

We're missing the quality to finish off teams yes, but improvements have been made. In the resilience for one after last weeks 3-3 so that's a positive, and who knows what happens in the Liv game if Christensen doesn't doesn't rugby tackle Mane. 

Let's give the players some time to gel and grow and I think when Frank final settles on a back 4 we'll be okay. Devils in the details

He's not been able to in 15 months and has changed it in every game thus far, I don't think we are any closer to finding that out. 

2 minutes ago, SlantyTown said:

There are several other posters all calling for Frank to go.

They're all trolling too I presume?

No, you are all teenagers with your heads still up your asses. I feel sorry for any adult who shares your sentiments.

Wow we somehow managed to f*ck that up massively.  Had the possession and the dominance but failed to covert that into anything concrete. Normally I'd be livid losing to that lot but my reaction atm is just meh. 

Anyways all I want is 4th this season. Can't be bothered about any of the other crap. 

1 minute ago, Slojo said:

We were missing just as much if not more players than they were, that's my point. Havertz, Pulisic, Ziyech, Silva are 4 players we would really like in full shape and fitness to be playing right now, we haven't got that luxury. Neither have Spurs with Kane which is why he was on the bench like Havertz. 

You're acting is if we had our full strength team out playing againts their kids. 

Sorry mate, we’re gonna have to agree to disagree. Comparing Ziyech & Silva influence to Sons and Kane’s is ridiculous in their combined two games for Chelsea. By that token, Spurs were also missing Bale. Havertz was on the bench so could have played had Lampard wanted him to as I said before. The only player we were missing who has a proven track record of being a difference maker for us is Pulisic.

We had a stronger team out than Spurs did, particularly in attacking areas.

8 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Will you shut the f*ck up about sacking Lampard? If we hadn’t messed up so many chances tonight, the late goal wouldn’t have mattered. Hudson Odoi should have done better with 2 of his chances, Werner could have scored another, Mount messed up that pass, etc etc. On a good day we would have won 4-1.

Sack Lampard my f*cking arse.

He got a free pass last season but when people see the same problems game after game with no end in sight then they’re going to question whether a more experienced manager could do better.

Unfortunately a lot of Chelsea fans are used to winning games, have become spoilt and want the good times to continue. 

I’m personally still happy for Lampard to keep at it btw because he’s not had the luxury of having a fully fit squad and we’re basically still in pre-season when we’re naturally rubbish.

If there’s no signs of improvement by Christmas though it’s something I’d start to question. 

1 minute ago, Dean said:

Lampard is certainly not beyond reproach and the last few games have been bad, no question. But calling for sacking him now is seriously jumping the gun and i have to question whether all of those doing so are posting in good faith.

I think it’s the same guy on multiple accounts. 

Serious question: what football are we playing under Frank Lampard? What is our unique style of play ? What are we trying to implement  but we didn't quite get there?

Can anyone here honestly say they have seen progress in the last 15 months? Because i see nothing but an atrocious, chaotic type of football, which hasn't changed  since he took over.

By comparison, if you look at Arsenal, Everton, Leicester, you can see what the managers want to implement there.

I wish I could say the same for us

Thought we were absolutely abysmal in the second half. This is for a chance at a quarter final of a cup, against our main rivals, in a match we were clearly dominating. I just dont understand how there was no fight or no passion. Bringing on Abraham was clearly going to do nothing. But i told my dad as soon as we borught chilwell off, that was going to be a mistake. I get its his first start, but this is a cup game. We bring on emerson and he ultimately costs us the match. I just cant believe how bad the start of the aeason has been for us, but the lack of passion today was the thing that really hurt.

Hard to explain what the f**k is going on. It’s as if we don’t have a manager at all. The players turn up and kick the ball endlessly across and back in our own half, they just seem so clueless. 

Not just one or two players the whole team seem lost.

1 minute ago, Munkworth said:

He got a free pass last season but when people see the same problems game after game with no end in sight then they’re going to question whether a more experienced manager could do better.

Unfortunately a lot of Chelsea fans are used to winning games, have become spoilt and want the good times to continue. 

I’m personally still happy for Lampard to keep at it btw because he’s not had the luxury of having a fully fit squad and we’re basically still in pre-season when we’re naturally rubbish.

If there’s no signs of improvement by Christmas though it’s something I’d start to question. 

That’s a fair point Munksy, it just kind of riled me up how a lot of people are calling for Frankd head 3 games into the season. It’s absolutely ridiculous.

You know, if we’re still having problems by Christmas like you said, then yeah I’d start to worry about it. But not 3 games into the season with so many players out or not fully fit

5 minutes ago, HoustonChelsea said:

Klopp, after his first season in charge, already had drilled an identity in his side but the quality of his players was lacking and that also improved, over time. We do not particularly have an identity. We look clueless in every department. We do not look organized. People keep saying "wait till this or that player comes back"...will not matter unless the team is properly coached. The team out there tonight is good enough to win the match. Same for the team that started against West Brom, a newly promoted team! We have a coaching problem.

I really do hope Lampard turns it around. I do not like to see talks of him being sacked because i'm a huge fan of his as player and person. But let's not kid ourselves here, coaching is a major problem that we are having. 

8 minutes ago, HoustonChelsea said:

Let's give the players some time to gel and grow and I think when Frank final settles on a back 4 we'll be okay. Devils in the details. 

My one disagreement with tonight’s line up is we should have gone with our first choice backline ahead of Mendy - presumably at this stage it’s Azpilicueta, Christensen, Silva, Chilwell. Allow them to build an understanding rather than constantly chop and change players, especially important with a new goalkeeper.

2 minutes ago, ZouMan said:

Sky pundits have called for Lamps head after the third season i.e. the next one

I think that's sensible. But if these performances continue you never know.

We are miles off at the minute. Definitely feels like we miss willian but hopefully once new players settle especially tiago I think we will improve.