Spurs v Chelsea (LC) Tues 29th Sep 19:45 GMT

Imran_CFC

47 minutes ago, bluehaze said:

The cynical side of me thinks there wouldn't have been such a clamour for the restart if it was 2016 and Leicester were in pole position.

I don't really buy that, if it was all about getting Liverpool the league why did Serie A, Bundi, Primeria Liga and La Liga also restart? The only major one that didn't was France and that was because the government intervened (and even then they finished their cup competition as soon as allowed).

Furthermore, it was very clear early on that a void wasn't happening even if the league didn't restart. One way or another Liverpool were getting their asterisk so it seemed rather odd that the one aspect of the league that wasn't going to be changed or effected either way was the one everyone was so focused on.

25 minutes ago, reparto corse said:

------------------Mendy----------------------

------------Azpi--Silva--Zouma--------------

James-----Jorginho---Kovacic-------Chilwell

------------------Havertz---------------------

--------------Tammy---Abraham------------

Havertz in a free-role going wherever he thinks is right. 

There is just no way we can play a back four without a competent holding midfielder.

Genius, why has no one ever thought of this line-up

I might be far too brutal with this but i say what i see and think and i wish Frank would back down from trying to protect kepa with his latest reports in the press asking for people not to Get onto kepas case basically .  At the moment kepa is not upto the job required and should  

goto whatever neck of the Woods to sort his issues out with help from backroom staff etc etc . Society has got far too soft these days and many aspects things need to man up and if kepa cant take on board when told he is (s)hite at the moment he needs more help than i think .

mendy or Willy to start vs Spurs with Willy or mendy on the bench getting splinters in their backside ,with kepa in rehab via the reserves set up .

I know it is Tottenham but we really should prioritise the league over this. Frank can't really blood any new youngsters as the squad is in a bubble but hopefully we see some of the players we haven't so far. Chilwell and Mendy should start. Silva probably should too. Azpilicueta should play. Start with Giroud up top. Callum on left. Barkley, Jorginho in midfield. One of the new German boys maybe too. Tomori at back with Emerson. We can't really field a bad side here as we have depth in squad. 

Hoping for a fine win but if we lose I won't lose sleep over it. 

9 hours ago, Argo said:

I don't really buy that, if it was all about getting Liverpool the league why did Serie A, Bundi, Primeria Liga and La Liga also restart? The only major one that didn't was France and that was because the government intervened (and even then they finished their cup competition as soon as allowed).

Furthermore, it was very clear early on that a void wasn't happening even if the league didn't restart. One way or another Liverpool were getting their asterisk so it seemed rather odd that the one aspect of the league that wasn't going to be changed or effected either way was the one everyone was so focused on.

If the PL really wanted to gift Liverpool their PL title then they would have just done what the Belgian Pro League did - cancel the season early and award the runaway leaders (Club Brugge) the title. 

It's pretty obvious that the real reason why the season was completed was because of non-football related factors (i.e. broadcasting/sponsorship). 

Edited by DaRick

Well Jose has pretty much confirmed that he isn't going to be playing anyone of his extended starting line up as he's prioritizing the Europa League game on thursday. Given that that's only two days later and Spurs really need to qualify I really do believe him. 

Edited by True Blue23

I expect Lampard to pick a strong team, we need to build rhythm and confidence after the poor league results. I don't care if Jose plays a bunch of under 15s, the players need to show something after that poor game on Saturday. There's no point resting players at this stage, it's like pre-season mode, play and train hard, and it's not like we got 3 games in 5 days.

I'm not sure what formation we will playy tonight as in the past Frankk has preferred a back 3 against Spurs.

personally i would prefer a 4.

mendy

dave zouma silva chilwell

kovacic jorginho barkley 

callum giroud werner 

mount Kai Tammy on the bench if needed

Edited by turnyitb

Spuds last week of fixtures - Sunday vs toon, today v us, Thursday vs Macabi Haifa Sunday vs man u away  so Jose is not playing 100% mind games, will he play Kane for all 3 matches now Song crocked ? Will monkey face play a part today ? If Kane doesn't play whos up top ? 

As long as Mendy & Chillwell start today I'm happy and think we should be able to beat them.

Only just noticed that this will be part of 3 games in 5 days for Spurs this week ,which inturn is a barmy situation for any club to be in ,so JM will have his hands type of tied with the team he selects for tonite . On the strength of that this game should be a walk in the park for our lot i think.

5 minutes ago, Argo said:

Bunch of nice guys according to Mourinho.

Bunch of pricks more like, not surprised this group of players won f**k all when they were at the peak of there powers. When the going got tough they always folded, they could only dish it out and the moment you stood up to them they would get rattled and lose the plot.