Chelsea v Crystal Palace (PL) Sat 3rd Oct 2020 12:30 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

We all knew that Crystal Palace are very defensive team which will build their game on counter attacks.

So far we're looking good defensively, I'm impressed with Chilwell in defending, in attack I still think he can offer more. Thiago Silva and Zouma are looking good together.

Jorginho having a good game as well, his passing ability is great today. But we're sleeping in our attack, Abraham and Werner are off today, nothing works for them so far. 

Havertz is a very clever player but I want to see him creating chances, shoot and do something on Crystal Palace's GK. CHO had some good moments, he wasn't bad so far.

Just now, charierre said:

Where is our urgency? Its all been too slooooooooooooooow , safe and shooting. If Pulisic is fit enough he's be on for Abraham for me, move Werner central.

Palace has had the best PL start in 5 years they said, don't think that this was supposed to be an easy win. We look good just need that final ball, we dominated possession and Palace had 0 shots on target so we are good defensively and we have been the more dangerous team so far.

Very solid first half. I've liked how we held the ball against their press and how stable we looked against the counter. Lovely to see Kante and Jorginho sropping in behind the advacing fullbacks to give us more stability.

My sense is that we need Giroud in there for Tammy. Just someone to help us play in around the box a bit more. I think we'll see Pulisic shortly too.

That was a poor half from us, especially the last 15 minutes. The one decent chance we did get for Werner should at the very least have forced the keeper to make a save. Put Hazard or Pulisic in that position and they probably score. 

The lack of ruthlessness from us usually results in a mistake from the defence that leads to a goal, so I wouldn't be shocked if that happened again today.

Edited by Scott Harris

Chilwell looks class.

CHO needs an early bath for Mount, IMO.

Putting in some excellent crosses yet Tammy by going for them is messing them up for everyone else, he can't head the ball.

Someone tell him to wait for the knockdown.

Giroud on at 65 min if still 0-0.

Werner poor right foot effort should have done better.

Kante looking good and so is Havertz by coming deeper giving us an outlet.

Lot of our final balls are off and Palace look like they have a goal in them.

The amount of money we spent on goal threats to look blunt in attacking is a bit disappointing, there seems to be a club culture no matter who is in charge or playing to over elaborate play and not go direct enough 

2 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Why do we not have a single player coming in at the back post on an attacking free kick? There was literally no one beyond the penalty spot.

We do not train in such subtleties. We mainly train in backward and sideways passing. We also train a lot in throwing hands in the air when we mishandle the ball and give it away.