Chelsea v Crystal Palace (PL) Sat 3rd Oct 2020 12:30 GMT

Mendy

Azpilicueta - Zouma - Thiago Silva - Chilwell

Kante - Jorginho

Hudson-Odoi - Havertz - Werner

Abraham

Subs: Caballero, James, Tomori, Kovacic, Barkley, Mount, Giroud

In fairness without Pulisic and Ziyech we’re really suffering out wide. Maybe we should try a 4-4-2 narrow diamond!

6 hours ago, Pob said:

Mendy

Azpilicueta - Zouma - Thiago Silva - Chilwell

Kante - Jorginho

Hudson-Odoi - Havertz - Werner

Abraham

Subs: Caballero, James, Tomori, Kovacic, Barkley, Mount, Giroud

In fairness without Pulisic and Ziyech we’re really suffering out wide. Maybe we should try a 4-4-2 narrow diamond!

The Tammy upfront with Werner stuck left isn’t working, he needs to bin that 4-2-3-1 real fast.

I will go 4-3-3 with Werner up top & Mount replacing Tammy.

I think Frank will go for this 11:

Mount - Mount, Mount, Mount, Mount - Mount, Mount, Mount - Mount, Mount, Mount

Jokes aside, I think Mason has played well enough and I do not have a problem with him being in the team. 

It's the 90 minutes against Barnsley that irks me, surely he will be dead on his feet before long if he doesn't get a rest soon

2 hours ago, ducavis said:

The Tammy upfront with Werner stuck left isn’t working, he needs to bin that 4-2-3-1 real fast.

I will go 4-3-3 with Werner up top & Mount replacing Tammy.

Has Mount or Havertz worked on the left either? Werner scored his first goal today when he on the left side. Albeit, yes, perhaps he should be part of a front three instead of in a 4-2-3-1.

12 minutes ago, Pob said:

Has Mount or Havertz worked on the left either? Werner scored his first goal today when he on the left side. Albeit, yes, perhaps he should be part of a front three instead of in a 4-2-3-1.

but he wasn't playing on the left when he actually scored the goal if I remember it correctly. 

He was making a transition at that time from left to center and stayed there and scored a meter or 2 from behind the pen spot.  

5f74320390778.jpg

Pulisic and Zyech in, in case they would be fit. 

This gives Werner also more the chance do float around and put pressure on the defence. Something he did very well in his first game.

This is less possible on the left. 

Edited by Night-T

We need to win this sort of matches this year constantly. I hope that the injured guys are finally healthy and able to contribute to the team.\

---------------------Mendy-------------------------

Dave------Silva------Zouma----------Chilwell

--------------Jorginho------Barkley-----------

-----Ziyech---------Havertz-------Pulisic

------------------Werner------------------------------

No more BS. 

8 minutes ago, Night-T said:

but he wasn't playing on the left when he actually scored the goal if I remember it correctly. 

He was making a transition at that time from left to center and stayed there and scored a meter or 2 from behind the pen spot.  

Yes, though he was still coming in from the left, his starting point wasn’t the centre. I think he ripped Spurs a new one last season when playing from the left for Leipzig.

I wouldn’t want to play him out there forever but, whilst Pulisic and Ziyech are injured, to me he seems to be the best option of a very shallow pool.

Crystal Palace are playing very positive, their most actions coming from Zaha and Ayew, both good in technique and press on the defenders. 

They have scored 5 and conceded only 2, coming after 2 wins and one loss to Everton. They're not coming to respect us or show their defending ability, they're coming for a win.

We need our best preparation and get the best of us, we have the started the season not that good like we all expected, we need to wake up.

We need a high press and high possession play for this game, we need to play everything much faster. Against spurs we were moving the ball but we made it so slow and boring, we have to improve that.

-------------------- Mendy -----------------

James ---- Zouma --- Silva ------ Chilwell

------------------ Kante ---------------------

--------- Havertz ------ Mount --------------

Hudson Odoi --- Abraham --- Werner

COME ON CHELS!!!

Can’t believe that anyone in there right mind would pick hudson Oh dear through choice, you might as well only send out 10 players, cause he won’t contribute to the performance - for what ever reason he’s shot, his bottle has gone, even HE doesn’t even believe in himself. You saw it last night, he receives the ball on the half way line and it’s begging to get pushed forwards down the line for him to take on the full back, but he bottles it every time, he won’t take anyone on, instead he takes the pass and gives it straight back - what’s the point of a playing a winger who isn’t able or capable of being a winger ?? We have plenty of ‘to you, to me , to you’ sideways and back passers without the wingers playing that game too.  Sorry , but if Bayern are interested, rip their arm off and unload.

Wenger is not a winger, it’s pointless playing him in that position , it was hopeless last night and the rub of it all is that because our “wingers” didn’t/can’t/wouldn’t play as wingers, it made Giroud’s selection a nonsense - the hairy french one is never gonna do or be anything other than a target man, who holds up play and scores goals from inside the six yard-ish area from quality service via the flanks - if you don’t give him service he’s just a passenger - we were playing with 9 effective players last night.

I worry that people (me most of all) are putting too much hope into the return of Pulisic and Ziyech to turn our game around, I hope it’s true but they are not Messiah’s , their just very naughty boys 😂

28 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Can’t believe that anyone in there right mind would pick hudson Oh dear through choice, you might as well only send out 10 players, cause he won’t contribute to the performance - for what ever reason he’s shot, his bottle has gone, even HE doesn’t even believe in himself. You saw it last night, he receives the ball on the half way line and it’s begging to get pushed forwards down the line for him to take on the full back, but he bottles it every time, he won’t take anyone on, instead he takes the pass and gives it straight back - what’s the point of a playing a winger who isn’t able or capable of being a winger ?? We have plenty of ‘to you, to me , to you’ sideways and back passers without the wingers playing that game too.  Sorry , but if Bayern are interested, rip their arm off and unload.

Wenger is not a winger, it’s pointless playing him in that position , it was hopeless last night and the rub of it all is that because our “wingers” didn’t/can’t/wouldn’t play as wingers, it made Giroud’s selection a nonsense - the hairy french one is never gonna do or be anything other than a target man, who holds up play and scores goals from inside the six yard-ish area from quality service via the flanks - if you don’t give him service he’s just a passenger - we were playing with 9 effective players last night.

I worry that people (me most of all) are putting too much hope into the return of Pulisic and Ziyech to turn our game around, I hope it’s true but they are not Messiah’s , their just very naughty boys 😂

Out of interest who would you play instead and to what formation? The return of Pulisic and Ziyech will allow players to play in their preferred positions up top - at the moment we’re having to make do and mend.

1 minute ago, Pob said:

Out of interest who would you play instead and to what formation? The return of Pulisic and Ziyech will allow players to play in their preferred positions up top - at the moment we’re having to make do and mend.

In truth, having only seen the defensive players ( new and old ) in the matches so far this season and with the varied combinations FL has picked , it’s difficult to understand how the pairings work together, but I wouldn’t play 4 at the back, at least not with the combinations of 4 that are available to us - it doesn’t seem to work ?

I have to assume that Rudiger is gone and that Silva still has “it” at 36 ? I want to love Zouma and I sort of do - what a double , goal saving tackle that’s was last night by the way !! , but next game does he get the timing wrong and it’s a penalty plus a red? At times he’s big and awkward but he has a great heart and shows spirit and commitment , so we are left with a choice between Tomori and Christensen ?

I have always rated Alonso, not so much as a left fullback, but as a wing back he’s capable, he has wonderful close ball control, great left peg and is good in the air.

Chilwell - £50 million and seeing him play for Leicester, I hope he comes good for us.

Azpi, nuff said.

James is young and has a tendency to pass backwards rather than look for the forward ball or take the full back on - hope that part of his game grows ?

I’m really confused about the German contingent, not seen enough of them to know where their best positions are, but I haven’t been overly impressed with either so far if I’m honest ? Having said that , they have been amongst the goals ?

TA - can’t fault his effort and on his day he can be ok, bordering on good, but he’s not Didier.

MM - he has something about him, but he isn’t good enough yet to play 30+ games a season, and yet again I don’t know his best position, but it’s definitely not as a winger.

RLC - this guy is so frustrating, he seems to have it all, big, rangy, strong etc but he mostly looks less than interested and I suspect he has a “ too cool for school” attitude ?

Ziyech - to be determined, but looked ok v bright in the pre-season game

Pulisic - he really does have something about him, don’t wanna put too much pressure on him, but hopes are high ?

Mendy 
Tomori or Christensen,                 Silva,                   Zouma 
                                     Kante

Chilwell/Alonso ,        Kovasic,          James/Azpi

Ziyech                                                          Pulisic

Werner/Havetz

its a long season, so plenty of opportunity to rotate . Big worry is the defensive midfield role - only got Kante worth a damn at the mo ?