Chelsea v Crystal Palace (PL) Sat 3rd Oct 2020 12:30 GMT

coco

Great result! Score line flatters our attacking play a bit but more than deserved the 3 points! Hopefully helps kick start the season properly, although the international break doesn’t help with that. It seems such stupid timing. Then again I’m Scottish, any international football is stupid to me 😂.

Wow, when I last turned in, it was half-time. From what I could tell, we struggled to break down a well-drilled defensive line?

So what happened? Did some of Kai's positional magic open up space for someone? Did Werner win another of his penalties using that electrifying acceleration he has? Is Ben Chilwell suddenly a quicker, more agile Marcos Alonso? So many questions, not all of them good, and so possibly not all of them can be answered properly!

Jokes aside, can't argue with 4-0! KEEP SMASHING THAT CRYSTAL! ::ChELSeAFaN::

Edited by DaRick

sh*t, that looked naughty on Zouma. 

Good win, chillwell was excellent and motm for me, made a Palace team that came in on a high look toothless. I saw someone say in another thread that Frank doesn't seem able to have an impact at half time, well that's 9 out of 10 goals that have came in the 2nd half so... 

Much better half; scoring four without firing on all cylinders and ten league goals scored across four league matches. Looked much brighter in that half and Chilwell offers so much both defensively and offensively.

My favourite part of the game was Azpilicueta putting his foot down with the second penalty; it’s the leadership we desperately need.

Delighted with this on many levels.

Firstly we comfortably contained a very dangerous counter attacking side, one that tore United apart at will a couple of weeks back, really wouldn't underestimate that.

Secondly we displayed a ruthless edge we haven't always showed to say the least, Palace really dug in and made it difficult but as soon as they shown an inch we punished them ruthlessly.

And it's good to sign off before the break with a win like this, really wouldn't have wanted to stew on dropped points for a fortnight.

Beautiful performance! Absolutely over the moon with that!

Clean sheet, stellar performance from several of our new signings and just a total domination. Hopefully those that haven't seen a plan or system behind Lampards ideas saw something today. Very, very promising this as far as i'm concerned. Chilwell MOTM for me, fantastic game.

Easy win, dominant though still lacking a little cohesion ...that will come

Clean sheet , we defended as a team well

Chilwell had a good game, he clearly isn't just here cos he's English like some would have you believe

Havertz looks a quality player, unspectacular but he has that knack of popping up in space and using the ball well

Tammy when you have Jorginho and 2 Germans on the pitch you ain't getting a penalty

Just now, cRyptic said:

Please Frank for the love of God DO NOT CHANGE the back four in the next match. I think this is our strongest defensive combination and we should build on today's great result and performance.

I just hope Zouma is OK as that last challenge on him looked nasty.

Well iam happy with  the 1,2,3,4 that gave us the win ,but iam chuffed as fcuk we had a NIL at are defending end > 1st half was iffy and boaring 2nd half much better but not 5 star as there still is some issues that need to be fixed .