Chelsea v Crystal Palace (PL) Sat 3rd Oct 2020 12:30 GMT

coco

48 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

That's the best Jorginho has played since Sarri left I thought. It was helped by the fact that Palace offered little going forward to test him defensively but he played very well with the ball at his feet and took his penalties calmly as always.

Come on man, Palace did nothing but can't you just acknowledge that maybe it was because we didn't need let them? Jorginho was great, and the defensive line of our team was fantastic with him covering at times for our CS. CP had no choice but to defend as we were on top of them.

1 hour ago, Imran_CFC said:

Worst thing about that game was Jermain Jenas's commentary, the constant moaning in the 2nd half of how the scoreline was not a true reflection of the game. 

f**k off Jermain

Glad the comms didn't work on my stream then. Turgid commentator. 

1 hour ago, Dean said:

With the benefit of hindsight and a 4-0 win under our belts I’m gonna say - the state of some of the posts in the first half! True we weren’t threatening much but the signs were good throughout this match. 

I've got this theory that some people base their opinions on a performance purely by looking at the score.

Positives many, negatives none, though some will have some. Best thing for me we actually moved forward instead of the pissy f**king around. Not there yet but getting there now with the full squad taking some sort of shape. Coyb

4-0 is a great scoreline though a little flattering.

It was 50 minutes before we scored and that was due to a Palace mistake rather a CFC move, CHO reacted well to a Palace miskick, moved the ball quickly and the result after several touches was Chilwell blasting it from the Left.

The second was due to Chilwell crossing quickly and crossing well while we had men in the box and Zouma dispatched this one well after missing a good chance earlier.

I clocked off after 74 mins to help my Dad (family responsibilities alas.) yet Youtube showed us falling over an outstretch leg twice and the ref obliged. Not sure these would have been given at another ground.

Chilwell for me, was a revelation today and MOTD. He is a great crosser, disappointing we had a forward that cannot head the ball.

Havertz is looking better the more I see him, looking good coming forward with the ball yet also going deep to pick up the ball from midfield when they are struggling.

Werner for me needs to play through the middle, he had a good chance in the first it was an out-swinger to his right and he is left footed, result was a poor right footed shot, centrally I think he would do better. I hope Frank tries Werner centrally when Pulisic is fit.

Jorginho seemed to have much more time today and played well as did Kante who was booked again.

Palace had at least one chance in the 1st from a cross when they might have scored with Azpi being outjumped, if that had gone in Frank may have needed to make subs earlier. Azpi was also booked for a foul in their half. 

Defence looked comfortable apart from a couple of crosses. 

CHO remains an enimga, the winger that keeps cutting-in like an inside forward or playing the ball backwards like a wide back under pressure. He doesn't lose the ball often yet either loses concentration or does not read the play.  Two points stood out for me, firstly we break out of defence and there is no Palace player near him, he has a chance to run the length of the pitch and maybe score. One touch stops and plays it backwards..... 

Second point he plays the ball down to Tammy on the Right, Tammy promptly has two men on him, does CHO run the line towards him to give him an outlet, no just remains a spectator.

The positives were to begin with he showed more energy and was quick to react to the Palace mistake for the first goal.

He will probably play more until we get other players fit yet then for me will basically be on the bench until injuries reoccur.

Tammy, works hard yet with Werner playing out of position and Giroud being a great finisher for crosses how long do you persist before realising he should not be a starter unless someone else is injured.

A lot of positives today yet we still have a work to do. 

20 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

It was 50 minutes before we scored and that was due to a Palace mistake rather a CFC move, CHO reacted well to a Palace miskick, moved the ball quickly and the result after several touches was Chilwell blasting it from the Left.

The second was due to Chilwell crossing quickly and crossing well while we had men in the box and Zouma dispatched this one well after missing a good chance earlier.

I clocked off after 74 mins to help my Dad (family responsibilities alas.) yet Youtube showed us falling over an outstretch leg twice and the ref obliged. Not sure these would have been given at another ground.

Chilwell for me, was a revelation today and MOTD. He is a great crosser, disappointing we had a forward that cannot head the ball.

Havertz is looking better the more I see him, looking good coming forward with the ball yet also going deep to pick up the ball from midfield when they are struggling.

Werner for me needs to play through the middle, he had a good chance in the first it was an out-swinger to his right and he is left footed, result was a poor right footed shot, centrally I think he would do better. I hope Frank tries Werner centrally when Pulisic is fit.

Jorginho seemed to have much more time today and played well as did Kante who was booked again.

Palace had at least one chance in the 1st from a cross when they might have scored with Azpi being outjumped, if that had gone in Frank may have needed to make subs earlier. Azpi was also booked for a foul in their half. 

CHO remains an enimga, the winger that keeps cutting-in like an inside forward or playing the ball backwards like a wide back under pressure. He doesn't lose the ball often yet either loses concentration or does not read the play.  Two points stood out for me, firstly we break out of defence and there is no Palace player near him, he has a chance to run the length of the pitch and maybe score. One touch stops and plays it backwards..... 

Second point he plays the ball down to Tammy on the Right, Tammy promptly has two men on him, does CHO run the line towards him to give him an outlet, no just remains a spectator.

The positives were to begin with he showed more energy and was quick to react to the Palace mistake for the first goal.

He will probably play more until we get other players fit yet then for me will basically be on the bench until injuries reoccur.

Tammy, works hard yet with Werner playing out of position and Giroud being a great finisher for crosses how long do you persist before realising he should not be a starter unless someone else is injured.

Unfortunately I didn’t get to see the game due to commitments - like others, Saturday lunchtime fixtures are a problem for me,- but your review of the games seems measured , I won’t really get to judge based on the edited bbc highlights, so , at face value, your comments are useful - thanks for taking the time 

2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

This isn't even our final form, once Ziyech and Pulisic get back in shape we will cause absolute havoc to whoever dares to play an open game!

naruto super sayian GIF

I have watched Dragon Ball Z so much in my life (especially when I was younger) that I could tell you exactly when in the series this gif takes place 😆

30 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Incidentally, I read with interest your comments regarding Hudson oh-dear and completely agree with your analysis of his play, obviously not from this game having not yet seen it, but from early performances - what you’ve said he played like is what I have seen too - makes me wonder if the right loan deal can be set up , say with Bayern, that him moving away from the comfort of everything that is safe and home and family, that it might be good for his development as a person as well as a footballer, because, IMO, he defiantly lacks confidence ? It might not make any difference in the end, but I don’t think he’s a top 4 prem or CL standard player as it stands ? 

1 hour ago, Malcolm9 said:

Great win, good performance all round.

I also hated the commentators, constantly being negative about us yet Palace just sat so deep. Winning 4-0 was well deserved for our patience and effort.

I watched via bien sports and dont seem to Get that issue for some reason 

23 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I have watched Dragon Ball Z so much in my life (especially when I was younger) that I could tell you exactly when in the series this gif takes place 😆

That is impressive, I only remember a little bit from the first series where Goku and his friend Krilin are little kids lol 😅

Great performance and result. Real team performance. As solid defensive display as I can remember for a long time. Yes first half was slow, but we were patient and never troubled. 

That back four has to stay for me. Chilwell MOTM. Favorite moment was when Zouma closed down Zaha late on and had him on the floor - Silva had sprinted back and led the applause with what he had just seen. 

Havertz is a class player and continues to adapt. Would much prefer Werner thru the middle, and hope to see that with Pulisic and Ziyech returning. I do continue to find Tammy frustrating but he is still learning. 

Well done Frank. Better team selection and positional set up. This is the level and standard. 

Silva was great. Still very athletic. Overall we were strong in the air up front and at the back. Such a pleasure to see a  strong defensive performance. 

ypu can say Werner is happier in the centre or havertz lost the ball a couple of time or cho’s crossing could be better, but this was a strong, dominant team effort. Chilwell’ s crossing a pleasure to watch, giving our big guys a constant flow of chances. 

modtly thpiugh it’s the defensive platform. When that is strong the attack phase will follow naturally. 

2 hours ago, Scott said:

Azpi is a better right back than James.

Discuss. :stirthepot:

Dave is the captain and has been our best defender for the past seasons, James is a youngster that is a bit more potent in attack but has to learn some stuff when it comes to defending.

So far this season James managed to score and create many chances but when it comes to defending, making the small fouls and leadership, Dave is still our main man. Also Dave can still put a good cross in.

A healthy rotation there is what we wanted to have, James needs more time to develop and Dave doesn't need to play as a LB anymore.

9 hours ago, RMH said:

Come on man, Palace did nothing but can't you just acknowledge that maybe it was because we didn't need let them? Jorginho was great, and the defensive line of our team was fantastic with him covering at times for our CS. CP had no choice but to defend as we were on top of them.

I thought he played well. I thought we played well. I also thought once the first goal went in Palace's tactic was busted and they offered zero. In the same way I didn't hyperventilate after Spurs, I'm not gonna pretend like we were superb. We got the job done and garnished the scoreline with two penalties. 

8 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I watched it a lot 20 years ago or thereabouts (when it was popular in Australia), and I still revisit it every once in a while.

8 hours ago, Gol15 said:

That is impressive, I only remember a little bit from the first series where Goku and his friend Krilin are little kids lol 😅

You must be from a country where Dragon Ball was more popular.

I only saw a little bit of Dragon Ball because it was on cable TV here rather than free-to-air (unlike DBZ). 

@Scott Harris would confirm that DBZ was far more popular in the Anglosphere than DB was.