Chelsea v Crystal Palace (PL) Sat 3rd Oct 2020 12:30 GMT

10 minutes ago, brownindian said:

Mendy

Azpi - Silva- Zouma - Chilwell

Kante - Kovacic

Mount

Odoi - Giroud - Werner

If you are reading this Lampard .... no need to thank me. 

No to Havertz but yes to Mount. I await the shrill responses eagerly.

I largely agree btw, but I would start Havertz in the middle with Mount in place of Kovacic with Kante sitting.

Edited by Spiller86
14 hours ago, The Don Antonio said:

Unfortunately Stupid Southgate invites Chillwell and Ziyech has been called up to the morrocan squad. It all just feels like Kante last season all over again

7 hours ago, forbzy said:

I agree. I would prefer to allow Ziyech to continue his recovery with the club. But do we have a choice?

9 hours ago, axman2526 said:

We should not release Zyiech, we dont need him coming back injured or with covid.

I know i've said this a couple of times already but i'm really not getting why there's such agg over Ziyech going to Morocco.

He has played one half of football since March, he needs match practice to be fully upto speed to play PL and CL and we have no more League Cup games to ease him in either, Morocco are practically giving him a pre season and getting him upto speed for us, we should be delighted not outraged.

6 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

No to Havertz but yes to Mount. I await the shrill responses eagerly.

I largely agree btw, but I would start Havertz in the middle with Mount in place of Kovacic with Kante sitting.

I gave it a thought but felt that  Kai does not put in the same defensive shift as Mount and he needs to get used to the league before I would be comfortable putting him in the middle of the 3 man midfield

I think that this is a crucial match that we need to win or else, the pressure will start to mount (c wat i did der😛immensely on Lamps and falling behind in the table so early might not bode well for the rest of the season.

Good lineup by Lampard, chances for Hudson Odoi and Azpilicueta to put themselves in the starting lineup for the next matches.

Havertz in the AM position, Werner continues to play with Abraham in front. Let's hope for solid performance by our defense today.

Let's do it boys, let's f**king win it! COME ON CHELS!!!

Let’s hope the team put in a good display. Azbi probably has kept his place  as he adds more defensive reassurance than James. 

would like to see pulisic get at least 20- 30 mins today.

Considering what’s available I’m happy with that. Whilst it would be nice to see Werner through the middle availability dictates otherwise though it’s fantastic to see Pulisic on the bench. Mount being benched is probably the right decision though he has plenty of time in his career and, if Havertz struggles to impose himself in his usual position, then there’s a ready made replacement. No Christensen whatsoever is interesting; is he injured and I’ve missed it?

3 minutes ago, CFCCAN said:

Still not sure why he's playing Werner out wide unless he's going to play 2 up top? He's far better down the middle.  I expect to Pulisic at some point unless we are 3-0 up.  

If we want to bed in the 4-2-3-1 system we have little choice with Werner really; who else do we have fit who can play out wide unless we bring Moses out of purgatory? I agree it isn’t his favoured position but it’s not a long term plan - just until Pulisic and Ziyech are fully fit.

As an aside I assume James will replace Chilwell around the hour mark with Azpilicueta switching to the left.