Olivier Giroud:

Frank Lampard:

West Brom:

Edited by Desailly123
  • Desailly123 changed the title to West Brom 3-3 Chelsea Player Ratings

Willy Caballero: 4 - Very disappointing

Reece James: 6 -Put in a decent performance but not good enough

Andreas Christensen: 7 - Best defender tonight for us by far 

Thiago Silva: 5 - Very costly error but he should have had more help, but still not very impressive overall.

Marcos Alonso: 3 - Dreadful

N'Golo Kanté - 6.5 - Decent overall, but sometimes made some poor decisions.

Mateo Kovacic - 5 - Not very impressive.

Mason Mount: 7 - One of our best players on the pitch tonight, especially in the 2nd half.

Kai Havertz: 7.5 - The heart and soul of the attack tonight. Pulled all the strings that were needed. Carried Lampard on his back.

Timo Werner: 5 - Played out of position for the entire game and did his best. Nagelsmann must be wondering what Lampard is smoking.

Tammy Abraham: 7 - Another workhorse performance from Tammy. Quality player.

César Azpilicueta: 7 - Ole' reliable delivers once again. 

Callum Hudson-Odoi: 7 - If we loan or sell this guy, it would be a very costly mistake.

Olivier Giroud: 6 - Didn't do much but probably helped overall.

Frank Lampard: 3 - Terrible game management. Just not impressed at all.

West Brom: 7.5 - We were lucky to draw tonight.

Willy Caballero: 3 one point for every goal conceded

Reece James: 4 caught out of position a lot, every pass was backwards bar the occasional cross from the school of Willian.  

Andreas Christensen: 7 actually had a decent game for once.

Thiago Silva: 6 cant blame him for the mistake really and looked solid. Had some good passes.

Marcos Alonso: -10 which ironically is his stat for pace on FIFA.

N'Golo Kanté: 6 did the usual Kante things but lacks decisiveness in the final third.

Mateo KovaČiĆ: 6 unlucky to come off at half time, had some good driving runs to get us up the pitch in the first half.

Mason Mount: 9 Mason just doing what Mason does (added points for Portsmouth bias).

Kai Havertz: 7 nice tidy player, looks like he’ll only get better and had a good assist with CHO.

Timo Werner: 5 bit anonymous today but still settling in.

Tammy Abraham: 7 missed a good chance, didn’t do much but made it 3-3.

César Azpilicueta: 7. Dave being Dave.

Callum Hudson-Odoi: 8 made a big difference off the left hand side. Scored a good goal.

Olivier Giroud: 5 not his fault, was brought on for the wrong player and we lost our dominance.

Frank Lampard: 3 we looked rubbish, he made early changes and we started to dominate, he made more changes and nearly f**ked it all up. Come on Frank!

West Brom: 3 sh*t team gifted three goals on a plate. 

Caballero - 5 - I don't think he was at fault for anything today and he didn't do anything spectacular either.

James - 4 - Got forward well at times and played one or two decent balls, but defensively he was terrible. Too often he loses his man from set pieces and crosses and is often yard to slow to react when people attack his side.

Christensen - 7 - A steady performance, the type of performance you should expect in a game like today.

Silva - 4 - Not a good Premier League debut. When you concede 1 goal, it's a wake up call, and it clearly wasn't enough of a wake up call for him. He has to be more switched on in this league.

Alonso - 2 - At fault for the first goal and maybe at fault for the third too. He just didn't look at all motivated to play today. With his place almost certainly going to Chilwell soon, you would hope for a bit of a fight from him.

Kante - 4 - He looked confused at times. He didn't seem to know when to attack and when to defend which resulted in him looking out of place.

Kovacic - 4 - I really hope this isn't the start of Kovacic returning to his Sarri form, because he was poor again today. Kovacic and Kante never works though so I don't know why we keep trying it.

Havertz - 6 - Some nice touches, got an assist and probably had his best Premier League game so far. He was a bit in and out of the game though.

Mount - 7 - Best player on the pitch. The players should look at him as an example of how to approach a game of football.

Werner - 4 - Didn't look comfortable at all today. I'm not sure this role suits him.

Abraham - 5 - I thought he was really poor today, but he scored the goal that won us a point, so he get's a bump in rating.

Azpilicueta - 6 - Instantly made us better defensively.

Hudson-Odoi - 7 - Was our most lively player after Mount. He looked really up for it and tested West Brom's defence almost every time he got the ball.

Giroud - 4 - Didn't really make much help our attack. Not his fault really, just too many people taking up the same spaces. 

Lampard - 5 - Defensively and in midfield he is still tinkering and it's having a negative effect on our performances and results. He needs to find the best 11 and stick with it. His reactionary subs worked though and that is something Lampard tends to get right.

West Brom - 5 - They were much more interested and alert than we were in the first half, in the second half they were totally outclassed though and in the end were lucky to get a point.

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

Caballero - 5 - I don't think he was at fault for anything today and he didn't do anything spectacular either.

James - 4 - Got forward well at times and played one or two decent balls, but defensively he was terrible. Too often he loses his man from set pieces and crosses and is often yard to slow to react when people attack his side.

Christensen - 7 - A steady performance, the type of performance you should expect in a game like today.

Silva - 4 - Not a good Premier League debut. When you concede 1 goal, it's a wake up call, and it clearly wasn't enough of a wake up call for him. He has to be more switched on in this league.

Alonso - 2 - At fault for the first goal and maybe at fault for the third too. He just didn't look at all motivated to play today. With his place almost certainly going to Chilwell soon, you would hope for a bit of a fight from him.

Kante - 4 - He looked confused at times. He didn't seem to know when to attack and when to defend which resulted in him looking out of place.

Kovacic - 4 - I really hope this isn't the start of Kovacic returning to his Sarri form, because he was poor again today. Kovacic and Kante never works though so I don't know why we keep trying it.

Havertz - 6 - Some nice touches, got an assist and probably had his best Premier League game so far. He was a bit in and out of the game though.

Mount - 7 - Best player on the pitch. The players should look at him as an example of how to approach a game of football.

Werner - 4 - Didn't look comfortable at all today. I'm not sure this role suits him.

Abraham - 5 - I thought he was really poor today, but he scored the goal that won us a point, so he get's a bump in rating.

Azpilicueta - 6 - Instantly made us better defensively.

Hudson-Odoi - 7 - Was our most lively player after Mount. He looked really up for it and tested West Brom's defence almost every time he got the ball.

Giroud - 4 - Didn't really make much help our attack. Not his fault really, just too many people taking up the same spaces. 

Lampard - 5 - Defensively and in midfield he is still tinkering and it's having a negative effect on our performances and results. He needs to find the best 11 and stick with it. His reactionary subs worked though and that is something Lampard tends to get right.

West Brom - 5 - They were much more interested and alert than we were in the first half, in the second half they were totally outclassed though and in the end were lucky to get a point.

I won't bother posting my marks as that's pretty much how I would have gone.

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

Willy 5

Silva 5

Christensen 8 - looked the real deal today, how long will it last.

Alonso 5

Azpi 7

Kovacic 8 (first half) Kante 4 - treading water

Kante second 7

Mount 7

Werner 6

Havertz 6.5

CHO 7

Abraham 6

Giroud 6 

Bit generous in some of your marks there Strider. Alonso a 5? Just how bad would he have to be to get less than 5?

And Kovacic 8, despite being one of the players rightly hooked at half-time? 8 for WHAT exactly?

Willy Caballero: 5

Reece James: 5

Andreas Christensen: 6.5

Thiago Silva: 3

Marcos Alonso: 1

N'Golo Kanté: 4

Mateo Kovacic: 4

Mason Mount: 7

Kai Havertz: 6.5

Timo Werner: 4

Tammy Abraham: 5.5

César Azpilicueta: 6

Callum Hudson-Odoi: 7

Olivier Giroud: 4

Frank Lampard: 3

West Brom: 5

Edited by Floyd25

What a shower of sh*t

Cabellero  4 Not really much you can say, could possibly have done better with the first, nothing much he could do about the other two.

James 4 Apart from a couple of early Balls in, thought his delivery was generally Poor, Why can’t we find a defender that can deliver the thing?

Alonso 1 I’ll give him one for not missing the bus to the game. I really can’t wait much longer for him to be replaced and sold ASAP please

Christensen 5 Didn’t do much wrong but like most of our players far to ponderous in possession, Under absolutely no pressure always needs at least 2 touches

Silva 4 Would have had a better mark but for his Error for the second, looks good in possession in tight areas and will improve us at the back no doubt

Kante 5 Tried hard but loose in possession, and often picks the wrong pass, Not the player he was.

Kovacic 4 To be fair we could have taken anyone off, but it wasn’t one of his better performances, another who gave it away too often

Havertz 5 Bitty performance, still finding his way, tried to link up play and found some good positions but didn’t always receive it when he wanted it, I like the look of him though

Mount 6 Our best player, nice strike gave us a lifeline but he tends to drift out of the game at times, having said that he was the one player who looked capable of making something happen for us.

Werner 4 His worst game for us, missed a couple of decent chances, caught in possession too often and muscled our of it a few times, Wake up call

Abraham 3 Missed 2 good chances first half, still not getting in those “areas” that predatory strikers thrive on, has a lot of work to do to improve his game from last season, and no sign of it today.

CHO 6 Thought he done well when he came on, especially on the left, looks dangerous cutting in and breathed life into an otherwise Abject team performance 

Dave 3 Looked Rusty which is understandable, would have preferred he had started in preference to Alonso, but you could say the same about Humpty Dumpty.

Lamps I’m not really sure what mark to give him, Team selection was ok, he can’t be held responsible for the first two goals and whatever he said at half time had some effect, Subs he introduced made a difference but he has to somehow get us to move the ball quicker, it’s all two pedestrian and teams with players behind the ball can adjust their shape all too easy, the one time  we played it quickly with a nice one two for the second goal Epitomised that. Could still have a problem in the defensive midfield area, may need to sell to improve things.

50 minutes ago, Nibs said:

I won't bother posting my marks as that's pretty much how I would have gone.

Bit generous in some of your marks there Strider. Alonso a 5? Just how bad would he have to be to get less than 5?

And Kovacic 8, despite being one of the players rightly hooked at half-time? 8 for WHAT exactly?

Well in the first Kova was the one on the ball the most trying to get us moving forwards while Kante seemed to be the extra man further up field and when he got the ball either gave it away or did not know what to do. Frank decided to take him off and have Kante drop deeper to take the ball off the defenders in the 2nd.

Alonso did not get any help for the goal situation where he was doubled marked the only other thing he got wrong was getting booked otherwise the same as usual. I don't like him in a four yet we don't have Chilwell ready yet. The question  is why Frank did not start with Azpi.

3 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Willy 5

Silva 5

Christensen 8 - looked the real deal today, how long will it last.

Alonso 5

Azpi 7

Kovacic 8 (first half) Kante 4 - treading water

Kante second 7

Mount 7

Werner 6

Havertz 6.5

CHO 7

Abraham 6

Giroud 6 

James?

Caballero - 5

Reece James - 3

T. Silva - 5. Would have been 8 if it wasn't that stupid error. The guy cleared at least 10 corners, crosses and set pieces. We would have conceded 5 goals if he wasn't there.

Christensen - 8. Maybe his best match for Chelsea ever.

Alonso - 1. Horrible. Absolutely horrible

Kante - 6.5. He was also useless for the entire first half but did well in the second. He had to control the game alone with Christensen and Azpilicueta because Frank messed up so badly the formation and tactics. He did well not to concede goal and to regain the huge control over the ball.

Kovacic - 3. He needs to be dropped. Play Barkley and Jorginho, this is his third game and he is always in the top 3 worst performing players

Havertz - 6.5. Nice touches, nice assists, good with the ball, but not effective without it.

Mount - 7.5. He was good. Not that good as people say,  as always exaggerated high rating because of a single moment. Until he starts scoring like this consistently and leads the team in the way he did yesterday - it remains flashes. But he was good tho. Second best player to Christensen.

Werner - 5. But this is also a 5 for Lampard but not by 10-rating system maybe, 100. 70 millions, top 5 scorer in Europe and Frank puts him on 3 different positions because Tammy Abraham scored a goal against the titans Barnsley. 😄 Please, Frank, please...

Abraham - 5. He was terrible. No connection with the others, missed two huge chances badly, unlike Werner who hit the post and did all the best, his chances were missed badly. Hadn't he scored that equalizer, he would have been the worst on the pitch out of these who spent 90 minutes on it. 

Azpilicueta - 7. Very solid half by Dave. As I said we depended on him, Christensen and Kante to manage the entire defense and control the ball and they did well. 

CHO - 7. The best 45 minutes he's had for Chelsea in an important game. Keep up the good work and you will find more chances like this.

Willy Caballero: 5 Better than Kepa, could he have done better on the first goal maybe?

Reece James: 4 Defenders first and foremost should be able to defend Reece at present looks like what he is a rookie. Some decent crosses though.

Andreas Christensen: 8 Our best defender today 

Thiago Silva: 5 His mistake directly cost the second goal, expect better from an experienced player

Marcos Alonso: 2 His mistake led to the first goal , lost his man for the third goal,not good enough. Shouldn't be starter in a back 4 give the shirt to Azpi when Chilwell unavailable

N'Golo Kanté 4  Hard to define what his role was, whatever it is it didnt work

Mateo KovaČiĆ:    3 Not a good half , he and Kante don't make a good pairing

Mason Mount: 8.5  Man of the Match ,much unappreciated player. Differing roles first and second halves equally adept in both. Good goal

Kai Havertz: 6.5 Some nice touches , he gets into some good positions and involved in our better moments. Suffered with Franks late tactical change that took away his space

Timo Werner: 4 Missed a sitter and never really affected the game

Tammy Abraham: 5 Should have done better with two chances but anticipated well to get the third goal

César Azpilicueta: 6 Should be starting on the left in the absence of Chilwell

Callum Hudson-Odoi:6.5 Did well when switched to the left , good interplay with Kai for the second goal

Olivier Giroud: 5 Never really involved 

Frank Lampard: 4 His subs at half time changed the match. Not sure why he chose to change tactics just as we got back into the game there was plenty of time left and we looked like could go on and win

Many thanks to all contributors 

Willy Caballero: 4.6

Reece James: 4.3

Andreas Christensen: 7.1

Thiago Silva: 4.6

Marcos Alonso: 1.9

N'Golo Kanté: 5.1

Mateo KovaČiĆ: 4.6

Mason Mount: 7.3 (Man of the Match)

Kai Havertz: 6.4

Timo Werner: 4.6

Tammy Abraham: 5.4

César Azpilicueta: 6.1

Callum Hudson-Odoi: 6.8

Olivier Giroud: 4.9

Frank Lampard: 3.8

West Brom: 5.1

So well done to Mason Mount for being named theshedend's Man of the Match

Willy Caballero: 5 There wasn’t much he could have done. I don’t think he could have saved any of the goals.

Reece James: 5 Pretty ineffective.

Andreas Christensen: 8 Was our best defender, impressed me. 

Thiago Silva: 7 Would have had a higher rating if it wasn’t for that naive mistake. Looked very solid and very good at positioning.

Marcos Alonso: F*ck off.

N'Golo Kanté: 5 The only good thing he did was clearing up potential counters. Offensively subpar as usual.

Mateo Kovacic: 3 His form this season so far has been crap, a shadow of the player he was last year. Not sure why.

Mason Mount: 8 Our best player on the night, relentless and wonderful goal.

Kai Havertz: 7 Did well to assist the goal and keep the attack going.

Timo Werner: 4 A few terrible misses and didn’t really effect the game. He’s been rubbish so far even though his talent is very clear.

Tammy Abraham: 6 Struggled to cause WBA problems and his miss was absolutely crap.

César Azpilicueta: 6 Standard

Callum Hudson-Odoi: 6 Great goal but apart from that he didn’t do much.

Olivier Giroud: 4 Made no difference. Not his fault.

Frank Lampard: 3 Terrible tactics.

West Brom: 8 A near perfect performance, captalised on our mistakes and perhaps could have done better to keep 3 points.